Disney's Hollywood Studios: What's Next

HMF

I actually like the hat as a structure, just not there at all. I know it's a 'fake' icon created for marketing since the other 3 parks had a legit one, but just move it. It doesn't need a big 'reveal' like Cinderella's Castle or the Tree of Life, and isn't spectacular like Spaceship Earth, so just stick it somewhere. I think out front, where the Christmas tree (I mean, holiday tree) goes. :)
The Earful Tower was legitimate. Plus sight-lines from Epcot are an issue

sponono88

How do you have RSR without Carsland? Successfully, I mean.

Yeah i'm not sure how that works either.. If they don't build the town, will they at least clone the mountain range for the outdoor race? It isn't RSR without the road trip and race through Ornament Valley!

Magenta Panther

For my part, I think it's a shame that a good character like Roger has been languishing in obscurity for so long. I'd love a sequel to his original film. Make it so, Spielberg and Disney! P-p-p-please!!!

As for a ride based on Roger, or Wreck-It-Ralph...not so certain that'd work. It's hard to tell which concepts will stand the test of time. I'd prefer rides based on original ideas, or on Disney classics, myself.

ZaneB

Maybe Disney can start by giving us our Roger Rabbit silhoutte back.
wink2.gif

2l91mwj.jpg

Where is this?

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Yeah i'm not sure how that works either.. If they don't build the town, will they at least clone the mountain range for the outdoor race? It isn't RSR without the road trip and race through Ornament Valley!

Having ridden RSR I think it would work ok without the town, but the mountain range is a requirement. You don't see much of the actual town from the ride, and parts of the town are even re-created inside the ride. Obviously it works better as a whole package, but I think RSR could stand alone.

LudwigVonDrake

I don't mind the hat. At least it's a "Disney" icon (however forced it may be in the spot).The Chinese theater is totally non-Disney and everyone on this board wants only Disney related attractions and rides. It's not like they put the hat on the theater unlike the wand on SSE. DHS has more pressing issues than whether the hat stays or goes. Just sayin'.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
The Mountain Range is part of RSR.

alissafalco

Unless they go all out and completely copy DCA in every way I don't want to see it in WDW. Just part of the ride, or 1 ride, and not the town etc. is a waste and the cheap way out.

The Empress Lilly

The Chinese theater is totally non-Disney and everyone on this board wants only Disney related attractions and rides.
'Disney' to many of the mature members of this board does not mean 'cartoon character', or '(acquired) IP'. 'Disney' means a certain take on things, positive, quality.

World Showcase is decidedly 'Disney'. As is Animal Kingdom. And little worlds developed in the parks - Space Mountain, Haunted Mansion.

The idea that Disney means 'cartoon' or 'celeb IP' is mostly new, derived from shortsighted management and guests who either don't know, or don't understand, or can't readily express, what Disney is about.

The 'Hollywood that never was and always will be' as presented in DHS is decidedly Disney. And very succesful too. It's a complete triumph of Disney placemaking and storytelling. The imbecile hat detracts from it, makes DHS less Disney!

Daannzzz

How do you have RSR without Carsland? Successfully, I mean.

TDO: We want RSR for the Disney Studios.
Burbank: You cna't have it with out all of Carsland. It would look funny.
TDO: We don't want to pay for Carsland. It is to expensive.
Burbank: Okay you can have the racers but it will be the same as in Anaheim.
TDO: Okay......wait. All that rockwork is too expensive. Can we leave that out.
Burbank: The rockwork and canyon are what makes the ride and is what attracts people to it.
TDO: Okay we will put plywood flats on the building painted to look like rocks and canyons. We can build a few rocks on the raceway section....
TDO Assistant: If we painted plywood flats on both sides we wouldn't have to build any rockwork!
TDO: That'll work. We can build a rock at the where the Fastpass and standby lines adjoin.
Burbank: This whole thing will end up looking like the Art of Animation resort Cars section!
TDO: But the ride will still be the same on the inside....minus the expensive animatronics.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom