Is this James Cameron?

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Nope.

He absolutely doesn't want the job and would never be considered anyway.

But anyone who thinks Iger's going to come close to finishing out his contract probably thinks WDW has never been better. In my Spirited realm we call those people 'special' :drevil:

Maybe someone who is nonrobotic will pop up.... Only if.

Rose Marie

Did I mention that John Lasseter has threatened to walk after Monsters U comes out if someone else isn't in Bob Iger's chair?:king::animwink::cool:

:lookaroun This is a pretty serious thing to drop, Pixar isn't what it is without John. Though John was responsible for Cars 2 soooooooooo...

If the board of directors is so worried about DL after Potterland West, why haven't they turned their focus to WDW? WWoHP hasn't siphoned enough guests to worry them yet?

WDW1974

The 'Merican South is not the beyond? Then I guess there is no beyond. :lookaroun

It can be scary. But I was hiding on a farm before I ventured out to the Olde Country, so I was prepared. I saw Super Walmarts every 10 miles and Waffle Houses every five blocks.

OTOH, I did eat more breakfasts in one week than the preceding five months put together. And I don't think I've ever had Cracker Barrel, IHOP and Hardee's in the same week in my very long (call me Barnibas) Spirited existence before.

Yes, I do, glad you enjoyed it and cannot wait for the TR! How about that smell of fresh paint leaving in the evening to get it ready for the next day?

There won't be a trip report. If I did one, it would get resigned to a board where no one would read it and what good would that do? Right?:drevil:

But I'm sure that I'll get my points across wherever they fit.

And, yes, fresh paint in a theme park is a wonderful smell. I had forgotten what it smelled like because WDW stopped doing things like that back in the 1990s.

Disney knock off eh? IIRC The 'Olde Country was open well before EPCOT which is what could be considered its closest theme rival. Try again. The park is in a league of its own and holds its own from any other park. Their mix of beauty, nature, old culture, and thrill rides is unparalleled by any.

Well, any park could be called a Disney knock off since DL opened in 1955. But since Walt himself borrowed heavily from a little European place called Tivoli, I sorta think that's a weak comeback ... sorta like giving Disney and Bob Iger credit for the Avengers ... ya know a Paramount Pictures presentation of a Marvel Studios film that he had nothing to do with.

Oh, did I just go off topic, off topic? And is that anatomically possible? And why did the home videos I unearthed (someone else's, not mine) from 1990 show a vastly cleaner, classier WDW? I thought I just was making it up that things were better back then (meaningless trivia: the first Walmart store in SoFla opened in the summer of 1990).

I appreciate your enthusiasm for a quality product. BGW is definitely that. It's one of the best theme parks in the country. The fact it doesn't have MAGIC or Pixie Dust or teens in foamhead (wait, that scary bad show did have those!) doesn't change anything.

When talking about basics like beauty, cleanliness, show quality, themed area appropriate merchandise, etc ... BGW absolutely bests the tired old Walmarted MK.

Riverdance? HAHAHAHA, you mean Celtic Fyre where they actually dance. I know several of the performers. Try again.

A great show. With real entertainers. Any of you recall when WDW had them? At the MK that is? ... I mean they do have them at FW in that Doo Dee Doo Review ... wait, what's that you say? The show is on rehab from this summer through 12/31 (and on into 2013)? Could it be Pioneer Hall (part of the real MAGIC of WDW) is about to be bulldozed for more timeshares?:drevil:

No smell but evergreens will be found around there, perhaps you were smelling the Rhine River after a heavy rain. A smell which will be found near any lake, no helping that. Try again.

There are plenty of funky smells at WDW too ... and not just the TTC restrooms (I don't think they ever have had proper ventilation in them from Day 1). Worst smells at any/all theme parks come from people who don't understand hygiene.

Oh, how I cannot wait for the Resort here to be constructed.

Oops, did someone just announce something? :wave:

It's OK, I do that everytime a fanboi buys me a drink ... I go off like a broken faucet.:eek::D:wave:

WDW1974

:lookaroun This is a pretty serious thing to drop, Pixar isn't what it is without John. Though John was responsible for Cars 2 soooooooooo...

Unless I am having some fun, I only drop serious things. I am here to try and pass some info on when I can.

JL is VERY unhappy with Bob Iger. He was trying to get Rich Ross removed for the better part of the past year because Ross was sabotaging his pal Andrew Stanton's film John Carter.

Iger rebuffed Lasseter at every turn until the movie flopped even more than Rich could have hoped. And JL did a bit of an end around Bob ... and said that if a certain incompetent never-held-a-job-in-the-film-industry wasn't replaced that he was gonna leave Disney immediately.

And lookee what happened? Faster than a WDW ticket price increase and social media whores defending them, TWDS brought in a very well respected and liked outsider.

Still, JL is furious with The Weatherman (and please don't tell me about their smiling pics together when Carsland debuts next week ... that is corporate spin and PR and means nothing) and since the latter has already made clear his intentions of leaving Disney (for political pastures where he'll fit in like all the rest of the cows), the former has made it known that sooner would be better and that if that isn't by the time Monsters U is out that he's gonna 'retire' up to run the vineyard with Nancy.

I need to remember not to post when angry ... oh, screw that ... I always be angry, even after weeks on 'holiday' as my UK pals call it.

:
If the board of directors is so worried about DL after Potterland West, why haven't they turned their focus to WDW? WWoHP hasn't siphoned enough guests to worry them yet?

They don't want a west coast repeat. DLR, by virtue of its size, is even more vulnerable to The Boy Who Lived ... and TDO (your good pals starting with Inoverherheadmeg) keeps selling timeshares and food plans and showing Power Points where those numbers keep going up ... and when anyone asks questions about new products, they pull the same crap they do with dimwitted fanbois and show things like a second Dumbo ... or a 'new' version of The MAGIC, the Memories and ME! ... or start talking about how NEXT GEN will be able to syphon an extra 11% revenue off of each guest starting in FQ'3 of 2013 (oops, did I just say something wrong?:eek::animwink:) and Burbank goes back to worrying about what next to mess with (right now, they are doing a great job with both the governments of France and China! ... oops, I did it again ... my last name must be Spears!:eek:;):wave:

Kuhio

BGW has always been heads and shoulders above its Six Flags brethren in terms of theming, cleanliness, how efficiently it's run, etc. It's not surprising that it consistently wins park beauty contests, but a lot of that is due to the naturally lush and verdant surroundings (which really don't look that much like what you see in Pocahontas!).

And, of course, it's far superior to the Disney parks if it's thrill rides you're after. While its collection of coasters isn't quite up to par with, say, Cedar Point or Magic Mountain, it's getting closer every year.

I think one reason many people might have a hard time thinking of BGW as being at the same level as a Disney park is the proliferation of coasters that are just sitting out there, without benefit of being themed to a mountain, etc. -- as pretty as the Loch Ness Monster is within the context of the park, there are always going to be some who associate "naked" steel structures with cheap amusement parks, as opposed to the "upscale" look of a Disneyland-type park.

I feel BGW has done pretty well with its latest coaster, Verbolten (awful name, though). The queue looks like it's extremely well themed, and much of the meat of the ride takes place in an enclosed building, with numerous (and somewhat randomized) effects. It's arguably as well executed on the whole as, say, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster -- and has even cooler-looking coaster trains.

Disney would do well to pay attention to what its competitors (and yes, parks anywhere in the country are its competition, so long as a potential guest would consider spending his or her hard-earned cash at a "local" park as opposed to shlepping it to DL or WDW)
are doing. Of course, if Harry Potter hasn't lit more of a fire under them, I'm not sure a park in Virginia or Ohio or Texas is going to, either.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
Oops, did someone just announce something? :wave:

It's OK, I do that everytime a fanboi buys me a drink ... I go off like a broken faucet.:eek::D:wave:

If I slipped and announced something of that magnitude then maybe I should say they are going to beat EPCOT in the race for a new.... nah I better not... not quite yet. :zipit:

The Mom

Premium Member
This thread is soooo OT right now, so I'll move it to Chit Chat where thread drift is allowed. Nothing personal towards anyone posting in it.

Bob Saget

This thread is soooo OT right now, so I'll move it to Chit Chat where thread drift is allowed. Nothing personal towards anyone posting in it.
I think this thread wins some sort of award for most topics inside a single discussion.

James Cameron does it again! :sohappy:

WDW1974

If I slipped and announced something of that magnitude then maybe I should say they are going to beat EPCOT in the race for a new.... nah I better not... not quite yet. :zipit:

I wouldn't worry. No one will notice it here ...

I'm gonna make a guess? How about a new country? :)

WDW1974

That did it. Nail in the coffin ... Mom, you should know by now that sooo many members are too lazy to go much beyond News and Rumors. And we wonder why the average WDW guest weighs in at 312 pounds!

Oh well, I hope people were smart enough to read between my lin... words 'cause there was more news in there than they'll find elsewhere and I don't feel like repeating myself 'cause I tend to do that way too much as is.

Better get myself back to News and Rmours before I turn into a pumpkin too!
(anyone got a pumpkin smiley?)

Bob Saget

you should know by now that sooo many members are too lazy to go much beyond News and Rumors.
You overlook the high risk of carpal tunnel syndrome caused by constant scrolling down here to these bottom forums (or, the "Netherboards", as I like to call them).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom