Disney Doofus

firekymmie

You mean they are fake?!!!! haha thats news to me :lol:

That would explain to me why they are in the SAME spot everytime I ride it :hammer:

You know after doing the safari like 12 times , last year i was trying to figure out why there was eggs and no ostriges...lmao...:lol:

woodardfamily

I'll never forget years ago on the Horizons ride, I waved at some of the animatronics that were waving at me...I thought sure they were real people!

JIMINYCR

For the longest time, I thought the ostrich eggs were real on the Kilimanjaro Safaris! :lol:

Scratching my head as we are told by the guide that there's a group of Ostrich eggs. I thought... Hey wasn't there a group of eggs pointed out to us there last year too? Shouldn't they have hatched by now:shrug:....(Pause to think) Ohhhhh I get it.:eek:

The first time I went on Alien Encounter I could have sworn the Alien was breathing down my neck too .:lookaroun

rsoxguy

Original Poster
Okay, sadly, I thought of another personal example on my drive home from work. Why am I willing to share these embarrassing tidbits of my life with you all? Well, if you can't laugh at yourself, then......uh......you can have your pretend friends on the internet laugh at you. (I have actually met Joanna, but I made her pose with a Red Sox bear for my trip report, so I don't think that she considers me a pal.)

Anyhoo, I remember reading about Mission:Space in an article before it opened. The article stated that each rider would participate in the mission and affect its outcome. Within weeks I arrived at EPCOT and merrily headed toward Mission:Space for the interactive ride. I pressed the buttons dutifully when told to do so, and I pressed on the joystick at the end as though my life depended on the extended effort. Mission accomplished, right? My second time on this attraction, the kid sitting next to me was not in the mood to participate, and I realized that the whole thing was fake. The ride was preset, and I didn't really posses the ability to place the ship into hyper-sleep. Wa, wa, wa...

How old was I, you ask? Oh, right around forty. Yeah, I drive to WDW in a turnip truck, and I'm a loser dork.

I'm with you again rsoxguy. My first time on Mission: Space we only had 3 people in our capsule. My cousin and I were sitting on either sides of the empty seat and she was yelling at me the whole time to hit the buttons in front of the empty seat. She was so mad at me during the ride for not hitting the buttons only to find out at the end that we still had a successful journey

wilkeliza

I have to echo other people's stories that I too just found out about the ostrich eggs. I took pictures of them this time thinking they were real but then after showing pictures to my friends they informed me they were fake since the same nest was there when they went 6 months ago.

annawilliams

I remember reading about Mission:Space in an article before it opened. The article stated that each rider would participate in the mission and affect its outcome. Within weeks I arrived at EPCOT and merrily headed toward Mission:Space for the interactive ride. I pressed the buttons dutifully when told to do so, and I pressed on the joystick at the end as though my life depended on the extended effort. Mission accomplished, right? My second time on this attraction, the kid sitting next to me was not in the mood to participate, and I realized that the whole thing was fake. The ride was preset, and I didn't really posses the ability to place the ship into hyper-sleep. Wa, wa, wa...

How old was I, you ask? Oh, right around forty. Yeah, I drive to WDW in a turnip truck, and I'm a loser dork.

This made me laugh so hard! I totally thought it was legit too! :ROFLOL:

wilkeliza

Oh I forgot to add that the first time I saw Indianan Jones I thought all the people were volunteers. It wasn't until he got hit that I was like he must be a plant.

rodserling27

Rsoxguy, you are cracking me up. I thought the same thing about Mission:Space!! Ha ha!

I thought the "That's my mother-in-law!" comment on Alien Encounter was someone in the crowd. Even when I went on it again, I though, "oh nice, that dude was on it again with me." Yeah. I'm pretty dumb.

gwhb75

Cool thread... I had one of those dork moments, not really about an attraction, but about the busses. It was our first family trip to Disney, and we were totally new to everything. We were staying at POP that year, and arrived late in the morning. We dropped our bags off and then headed to the bus stop. We saw a bus for Hollywood Studios with the back door open, so we just walked in and sat down....Kind of didn't notice the line at the front of the bus. Luckily there were enough seats for everyone (we would have stood had there not been), but we felt pretty stupid. Realized pretty quickly after that what the back door is supposed to be used for.:lookaroun

John

Okay, sadly, I thought of another personal example on my drive home from work. Why am I willing to share these embarrassing tidbits of my life with you all? Well, if you can't laugh at yourself, then......uh......you can have your pretend friends on the internet laugh at you. (I have actually met Joanna, but I made her pose with a Red Sox bear for my trip report, so I don't think that she considers me a pal.)

Anyhoo, I remember reading about Mission:Space in an article before it opened. The article stated that each rider would participate in the mission and affect its outcome. Within weeks I arrived at EPCOT and merrily headed toward Mission:Space for the interactive ride. I pressed the buttons dutifully when told to do so, and I pressed on the joystick at the end as though my life depended on the extended effort. Mission accomplished, right? My second time on this attraction, the kid sitting next to me was not in the mood to participate, and I realized that the whole thing was fake. The ride was preset, and I didn't really posses the ability to place the ship into hyper-sleep. Wa, wa, wa...

Guilty as charged, I thought if I didnt perform these functions I would somehow wreck the thing...

My son who was 13 at the time swore up and down that the AA's in the American Experience were actual human actors.

JillC LI

I don't think you are a dork. I think you are the perfect Disney guest who has innocence in his heart and still believes in magic. I am not ashamed to say that I myself have "fallen for" nearly everything that has been posted on this thread as well!

rsoxguy

Original Poster
I don't think you are a dork. I think you are the perfect Disney guest who has innocence in his heart and still believes in magic. I am not ashamed to say that I myself have "fallen for" nearly everything that has been posted on this thread as well!

You're very nice for posting this, but I am a dork. Want a non-Disney example? Hang on to that swig of soda in your mouth!
When my wife and I were dating, lo, many years ago, we were walking through local mall. One of the stores had a dress displayed at its entrance on a mannequin. It was the eighties, and the dress was typical to the era, with a large fan-like 'thing" across the chest. I found it odd, so I walked up to it and started tugging on the fan thing and telling my girlfriend how weird the dress looked. She was mortified. As she pulled me away, she explained to me that the mannequin was actually a live model who was payed to stand still. That's right, I had been unknowingly tugging at the chest area of a woman's dress, and she didn't move an inch. True story. Like I said, major dork.

JillC LI

You're very nice for posting this, but I am a dork. Want a non-Disney example? Hang on to that swig of soda in your mouth!
When my wife and I were dating, lo, many years ago, we were walking through local mall. One of the stores had a dress displayed at its entrance on a mannequin. It was the eighties, and the dress was typical to the era, with a large fan-like 'thing" across the chest. I found it odd, so I walked up to it and started tugging on the fan thing and telling my girlfriend how weird the dress looked. She was mortified. As she pulled me away, she explained to me that the mannequin was actually a live model who was payed to stand still. That's right, I had been unknowingly tugging at the chest area of a woman's dress, and she didn't move an inch. True story. Like I said, major dork.

LOL, now THAT'S funny! :ROFLOL:

invader

You know that guy that accidentally hits you in the back of the head while reaching to save Donald from the darkness in Philharmagic?

Yup, that's me.

My dork moment....Every year my son tries to pull the sword out of the stone in MK. Well two years ago the sword pulls up out of the rock. I had never seen this before and I was so excited I thought maybe we had won a stay in the castle....I was looking around waiting for streamers and balloons to start coming from the sky.....sadly the sword went back into the stone and nothing happened. :p

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom