Kilimanjaro Safaris to replace 'Little Red' scene with new savannah space

djkidkaz

Awesome news! I wonder how much space is actually in that area though to make a large enough plot for zebras?

We need someone with skills to bust out google earth or something.

Tom Morrow

Interesting! I'm sure there will be complaints, but I don't see this as a cutback because people have complained about the safari having a finale since day one. The fact that so much of it has been fazed out already has also made the ending laughable in it's current state.

I wonder if there will be any sort of ending now? Or if it will no longer be a "two week safari" ?

Tip Top Club

The Story will be shifting away from anti-poaching to a more holistic Wildlife Conservation story. I'm almost certain that poaching will still be mentioned, but it will no longer be a driving factor. With this, it means that obviously Wilson's story may change, or may disappear completely, more details to come, right now that sounds like it is still TBD.

sweetpee_1993

This is what I'm wondering. Will there be a whole new storyline?

My money is on no story whatsoever now because adding story elements would cost money to maintain after creating both of which take imagination and $$ of which neither are something TDO expends anymore. Easier to just shift around critters they already have & maintain.

Natazu? Nope. Izazu? Yep. At least at the safari.

Glad we got to experience the story before it got really discombobulated. Wish we'd seen it in its glory. I remember how my youngest was so into the stopping the poachers thing. It went right along with his conservation hero, Steve Irwin, and all his favorite pretend games.

Definitely the way things have been since '07 it's been awkward at the end. The elimination of the last of the story elements is better than leaving as-is. I just wish it had been a move towards enriching the story vs. eliminating altogether. Too bad.

Wish I was surprised. Par for the course nowadays. **sigh**

Pioneer Hall

My money is on no story whatsoever now because adding story elements would cost money to maintain after creating both of which take imagination and $$ of which neither are something TDO expends anymore. Easier to just shift around critters they already have & maintain.

Natazu? Nope. Izazu? Yep. At least at the safari.

Glad we got to experience the story before it got really discombobulated. Wish we'd seen it in its glory. I remember how my youngest was so into the stopping the poachers thing. It went right along with his conservation hero, Steve Irwin, and all his favorite pretend games.

Definitely the way things have been since '07 it's been awkward at the end. The elimination of the last of the story elements is better than leaving as-is. I just wish it had been a move towards enriching the story vs. eliminating altogether. Too bad.

Wish I was surprised. Par for the course nowadays. **sigh**

Well, I never really understood why the story wasn't just about going on the actual safari in a foreign country. The poacher thing seemed forced since day 1. You spend 95% of the ride on a peaceful safari and the last minute is this chaotic nonsense to find poachers. It was a bit better in the original version when all the effects worked, but it still always seemed forced for the sake of creating some sort of problem.

David S.

Yes, I really enjoyed the story too, and the anti-poaching message, and the happy ending of seeing cute Little Red rescued.

On the other hand though, I do really miss the zebras, which have been off-safari for awhile, so on the bright side I'll be glad to have them back. From what I understand, they didn't get along well with the other animals on the open savannah, so this will give then their own area away from all of that, but now in guest view once again instead of backstage.

GrumpyFan

Sorry, but I never like the preachy and rather cheesy poacher story. It just felt too forced for my taste. Regardless, it will be good to see a change here and some more animals.

sweetpee_1993

Well, I never really understood why the story wasn't just about going on the actual safari in a foreign country. The poacher thing seemed forced since day 1. You spend 95% of the ride on a peaceful safari and the last minute is this chaotic nonsense to find poachers. It was a bit better in the original version when all the effects worked, but it still always seemed forced for the sake of creating some sort of problem.

Ah, true. But Brian got so into scanning all the spaces for the bad guys and listening closely for reports. Yeah, there's animals along the way but what you see of them is limited to what you might find passing thru...much like any zoo or the walk-thru trails at AK. The only difference is sitting vs. walking. I suppose the advantage would be the walking things because you can stop and observe for longer if you so wish. Just sad to see no story at all. If this was a move for the story's sake I'd be happy. Sadly, it's not. The enclosure that replaces Little Red isn't even for a new species. It's relocating one they've got already. Whatever's cheapest/easiest.

Captain Hank

Ah, true. But Brian got so into scanning all the spaces for the bad guys and listening closely for reports. Yeah, there's animals along the way but what you see of them is limited to what you might find passing thru...much like any zoo or the walk-thru trails at AK. The only difference is sitting vs. walking. I suppose the advantage would be the walking things because you can stop and observe for longer if you so wish. Just sad to see no story at all. If this was a move for the story's sake I'd be happy. Sadly, it's not. The enclosure that replaces Little Red isn't even for a new species. It's relocating one they've got already. Whatever's cheapest/easiest.
I really wouldn't call this the cheap way out. It'll take a very large investment to take the current poacher scene and make it animal-safe.

Sigmundooze

I dont care as long as they dont get rid of the fake radio station with the song that goes "ah la ah wayee yaaaaaa ah boo boo boo ah BOO BOO BOO BOO!"

My son and I always sing it and it cracks us up (No one hears us because it is quite loud :) )

Buried20KLeague

I dont care as long as they dont get rid of the fake radio station with the song that goes "ah la ah wayee yaaaaaa ah boo boo boo ah BOO BOO BOO BOO!"

My son and I always sing it and it cracks us up (No one hears us because it is quite loud :) )

I actually LOVE the African music that gets played. It's a huge mood setter.

Rasvar

You know this is exactly what will be extended and added to! More music at the end is on the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom