Big changes coming to FASTPASS in March

Do you agree with the changes to the FASTPASS enforcement policy?

• Yes

Votes: 544 58.5%
  • No

Votes: 233 25.1%
  • I'm going to wait and see how it works

Votes: 153 16.5%

• Total voters

njDizFan

wow, big news. Expect some very unhappy guests. Like most of us we never adhered to the strict timeline when coming back. Steve, do you know if there is going to be signage indicating the change?

Buried20KLeague

This is one of those moments where I wish it was easy to post a google imagine picture.

Insert picture of trainwreck here

I'm sure this will go smoothly and without incident.

DrummerAlly

While I'm glad they're going to be enforcing both ends of the window (seriously, look at the sign before you put your ticket in the machine), I'm skeptical of this new nextgen fast pass system. Part of what I love about WDW is the fact that fastpass is available to everyone and isn't a paid system like at universal or six flags. If Disney starts charging for fast passes, I will be one very unhappy customer.

Rowdy

Good, doesn't effect me in the slightest. When/If I use Fastpass, I always came back in the allowed times.

rodserling27

I'll miss being able to stock up on FastPasses during the day and hitting everything in a row later on, but I suppose this new strict enforcement is for the better. We shall see!

pontiacguy84

I don't see what is the big deal, I've never even knew you could come back whenever, so I always came back before the time on the fastpass, people may get upset, but I think it's a good thing

MissM

Ugh, yuck. :mad: There are just too many variables to always ensure you get back EXACTLY on time! Between longer-than-expected wait times on another attraction, a meal taking longer than expected, "comfort and necessity" breaks (you know what I mean), kid meltdowns, getting distracted in a shop, getting tied up in a long line, getting waylaid by crowds and parade routes (sometimes making navigation a challenge), etc., etc., etc. there are so many reasons you might not make it back on time.

Seriously unhappy people ahead. Myself included.

menamechris

Ugh, yuck. :mad: There are just too many variables to always ensure you get back EXACTLY on time! Between longer-than-expected wait times on another attraction, a meal taking longer than expected, "comfort and necessity" breaks (you know what I mean), kid meltdowns, getting distracted in a shop, getting tied up in a long line, getting waylaid by crowds and parade routes (sometimes making navigation a challenge), etc., etc., etc. there are so many reasons you might not make it back on time.

Completely. I had a unfortunate feeling that this would be the next step after the dining reservation credit card guarantees. However, I also hope this means that when I take a serious concern to guest relations the answer won't always be "here's a FastPass.." It is personally offensive to me that management feels a FastPass cures all complaints - as opposed to actually addressing a problem...

katarn112

I second this. I'm all for enforcing the return times, but come on... 15 minutes? I think 30 minutes would be fair.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
They'll cave on this real fast, I'd bet money on it.

I feel sorry for the CM's involved who have to tell guests "Sorry, its not like the past decade for fastpass return times anymore"

I expect guest services to be filled with complaints, partially due to unavoidable circumstances like:

People being stuck on other attractions
Restaurant reservations/service taking longer than expected
Parade blocking people's ability to get back to the attraction (See Animal Kingdom)

I can also imagine people running through the park in attempts to make sure they get to their FP window on time.

Has there been any mention of changing the return window to a longer period?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I think this a good move to actually enforce those windows. It should help to operate a more efficient FASTPASS system, when people actually ride during the computer allocated timeframe, rather than what happens now. I do feel for the CMs who will be enforcing this however, it is going to be rough for a while. I'm sure that Disney will make it very clear on maps and the FP tickets that the time window is real.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
And so it begins. So far all NextGen seems to have done it make things more complicated. Oh well...

Not really. The time window is now exactly what it says it is on the ticket. What is complex with the current system is that nobody really knows what the cut off window is. Many people arrive hours later and HOPE they'll get in, but it could easily be enforced at anytime. The system now is very simple, just arrive in the window.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
wow, big news. Expect some very unhappy guests. Like most of us we never adhered to the strict timeline when coming back. Steve, do you know if there is going to be signage indicating the change?

No details on that yet, but I'm sure they will make it extra clear. Although it could be argued that the current system is pretty clear - it has a time window.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom