AdvntureLand Patio/Verandah/Bridge Area to Be Demolished???

Crush Dude!

Back from WDW!Counting down to DLP in November!
Original Poster
Now this is strictly a rumor as i havent seen the paperwork or permits!!

But according to news on Touring Plans papers have been filed for alot of this area to be demolished??

Walls expected to go up soon.....

Any word on the truth of this???

The Adventureland Veranda exterior patio, near Aloha Isle (home of Dole Whips) and the Adventureland Bridge, is scheduled to be demolished and removed from the park according to the latest paperwork filed by Disney. Expect to see walls up in the area soon.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The permit lists "plumbing" as the scope of work and while Aloha Isle, the Veranda and the patio are shown on the site map, the only outline of work points to Aloha Isle and the patio. The bridge is not even labeled on the drawings. My guess would be is that there is some plumbing work that needs to be done at Aloha Isle and for some reason they need to remove part of the patio to get to it. No idea why they would jump to the whole area will be demolished conclusion.

Scuttle

The permit lists "plumbing" as the scope of work and while Aloha Isle, the Veranda and the patio are shown on the site map, the only outline of work points to Aloha Isle and the patio. The bridge is not even labeled on the drawings. My guess would be is that there is some plumbing work that needs to be done at Aloha Isle and for some reason they need to remove part of the patio to get to it. No idea why they would jump to the whole area will be demolished conclusion.

I don't know why either, because when I was there on Monday I remember thinking how nice that whole area looked.

boufa

The Magic Kingdom seems to have gotten awfully good at replacing beautiful buildings with concrete (and restrooms). :ROFLOL:

That was a leap that, while maybe true, does not pertain to this conversation. No one said what they were replacing, or what was actually being torn down. The permit is for plumbing work.... except for during the curing process (a short time handled with temporary piping) or for automatic de-icing (not likely in florida) plumbing is not a sign of an area being simply cemented over. Quite the opposite plumbing actually means that something is going to need sewer or water.

DonaldDoleWhip

That was a leap that, while maybe true, does not pertain to this conversation. No one said what they were replacing, or what was actually being torn down. The permit is for plumbing work.... except for during the curing process (a short time handled with temporary piping) or for automatic de-icing (not likely in florida) plumbing is not a sign of an area being simply cemented over. Quite the opposite plumbing actually means that something is going to need sewer or water.
I know that it's not relevant to this conversation, since someone clarified that it's due to plumbing needs and not a complete demolition. Still, I posted what the thread title made me think - it wouldn't surprise me too much to see the verandah eventually removed, and it would be in line with many changes that have taken place at MK.

Besides, if you look at most threads in the news and rumors section, not every post is completely related to the original topic. I'd say my post was on topic; it just didn't reflect the plumbing aspect (which wasn't in the OP's post anyway - the rumor was about complete removal).

Spike-in-Berlin

I wish they would demolish that totally misplaced tiny aggrabah section, worst imagineering ever, to the left South Seas, to the right colonial Africa and in between a tiny bazaar. Completely theming overkill.

boufa

I know that it's not relevant to this conversation, since someone clarified that it's due to plumbing needs and not a complete demolition. Still, I posted what the thread title made me think - it wouldn't surprise me too much to see the verandah eventually removed, and it would be in line with many changes that have taken place at MK.

Besides, if you look at most threads in the news and rumors section, not every post is completely related to the original topic. I'd say my post was on topic; it just didn't reflect the plumbing aspect (which wasn't in the OP's post anyway - the rumor was about complete removal).

I agree about many of the post, read the soda price thread, it has drifted all over the place (although that one has actually been interesting/funny). That same history from other threads makes me sensitive when someone quickly posts a doom and gloom comment on something that does not deserve it.

While we are keeping this off topic, I am really wondering on the FLE if they are going to make it as lush and wooded as it looks on the concept/model art. They are talking about AK like foliage. I think it will be great to see the transformation once they start placing trees... likely one of the last things they do.

Back on topic... didn't the Fairies end up in the Veranda? Maybe they could find them somewhere permanent, then save the money of redoing every little nook the can into a 2 week pixie hollow and put it into use doing other things.

NewfieFan

I agree about many of the post, read the soda price thread, it has drifted all over the place (although that one has actually been interesting/funny). That same history from other threads makes me sensitive when someone quickly posts a doom and gloom comment on something that does not deserve it.

While we are keeping this off topic, I am really wondering on the FLE if they are going to make it as lush and wooded as it looks on the concept/model art. They are talking about AK like foliage. I think it will be great to see the transformation once they start placing trees... likely one of the last things they do.

Back on topic... didn't the Fairies end up in the Veranda? Maybe they could find them somewhere permanent, then save the money of redoing every little nook the can into a 2 week pixie hollow and put it into use doing other things.

Well, in all fairness the Fairies have moved to Epcot in the past for the F&G Festival... it's just that this year that was the only place you could meet them at that time (with TT gone). After F&G was over they moved back to the MK in their "permanent" home. I think Fairies work in Adventureland but I would like to see a more permanent-permanent home (if that makes sense) for them. Would love to have what DL has... I've never seen it in person (and while I know Florida's has to kind of be indoors) but the little light show in the garden is really cool looking. It would be nice if we had part of the queue outside with a similar garden light show but the Fairies would be indoors.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It looks like that have edited the post on touring plans to indicate that only the patio is being removed vs 1/4 of AL getting the wrecking ball.

Communicore

Why not just get rid of Veranda altogether? It's no longer offering meals and everytime I pass by I just can't help but reminisce, just tear it down, put something new...Adventureland is already ruined for me anyway with all the ridiculous changes so just add some more changes then. :mad:

Reddog

Now this is strictly a rumor as i havent seen the paperwork or permits!!

But according to news on Touring Plans papers have been filed for alot of this area to be demolished??

Walls expected to go up soon.....

Any word on the truth of this???

The Adventureland Veranda exterior patio, near Aloha Isle (home of Dole Whips) and the Adventureland Bridge, is scheduled to be demolished and removed from the park according to the latest paperwork filed by Disney. Expect to see walls up in the area soon.

I believe this was saying the patio is near Aloha Isle and it is ALSO near the bridge. Not "the bridge is also being demolished".

boufa

So the 2 million dollar question... is it being removed so that they can work on it, pave it over, or what? The construction permit may (and is likely) to only cover 1 aspect of the entire job. When the re-construction permit is filed, then what do you think it will be for?

Do we think this is going to close the Aloha Isle? We will be there in 2 weeks and were considering going over to the poly to have a qs dinner and watch the fireworks on the first evening, if we arrive early enough. If that becomes the only place to get a dole whip on property then I might have to leave earlier and be certain to make it early enough.

mrerk

Premium Member
Why not just get rid of Veranda altogether? It's no longer offering meals and everytime I pass by I just can't help but reminisce, just tear it down, put something new...Adventureland is already ruined for me anyway with all the ridiculous changes so just add some more changes then. :mad:

I wish they would just reopen it. Every time I go near Pecos or Cosmic Ray's they are packed. Seems like they could use another QS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom