The Enchanted Tiki Room is coming to the Magic Kingdom!

The Empress Lilly

It eats alot of people though. Hub and spoke rides are very popular with kids and parents.
Spinners have abysmal hourly capacity. That is why so many parents spend hours in the scorching heat with crying children waiting to finally have their turn at a one-minute ride.

Spinners are popular though. They move, unlike indoor rides children can see it move, everything about it is big and colourful, children have some control over the movement. It is all very appealing to young eyes. Kids love it, that much is true.

And teens love coasters, but that doesn't mean they ought to build a giant coaster in the middle of Main Street.

aladdin2007

As much as I want the carpets gone too, I cant see them removing the attraction just because some dont like how it looks in the area. Its popular and seems to work fine without issues. It was def not a wise choice to push the carpets in there, but then it must have been the same team that thouht UNM was going to be a good idea. :brick:

gerryu21220

I think that IS the same audio. Remember, this is a new multi-channel mix. It sounds like the recording picked up only one channel from a speaker near the door (that's why you don't hear the men). Perhaps they were still adjusting the levels.

The higher pitch sounds like it it is due to the recording on an iPhone.

Think about it. Why would Disney spend money to hire singers and engineers to re-record the music?

No, they aren't the same chorus at all. I have the original recording, and the voices do not match in style, balance or quality of the recording. The tonality and pronunciation is different from the women in the original recording. However, the instrumental matches the original recording exactly.

And WDW has done the exact same thing to the Haunted Mansion in 2007. They replaced most of the vocals in the graveyard jamboree for absolutely no reason whatsoever. They also replaced the music for The Mainstreet Electrical Parade (however, that was done at Disneyland before it came back to the Magic Kingdom).

MotherOfBirds

I think the only real reason they kept the carpets in AL is because there isn't much else to do. Sure, JC and POTC are classic rides, but most of AL is just walking through themeing. The entire right side of AL has nothing except a Dole Whip until you hit the Agrabah plaza. I don't like it there because it adds unnecessary congestion and because we will soon have the dueling Dumbos, but it probably helps as a temporary fix.

gerryu21220

Yes, they did! They replaced all the vocals except the Singing Busts and The Mummy & Old Man. They totally deleted the Mariner's audio (La-da-dum-dum-dum singer next to the hearse) and the Headless Knight's audio.

WDITrent

Say what you will about the new chorus, but the quality of all the audio is beyond amazing. They must have done some more extensive remastering, because it sounds three times as good as the remastered audio here at Disneyland's Tiki Room, all the way down to the preshow spill drums.

Thurp

Here are a couple crappy pictures I took earlier today. I also have the pre show on video but there are others who captured the same with a better camera so I'll let them post it, probably later tonight.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 95
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 93

packwingfn

Spinners have abysmal hourly capacity. That is why so many parents spend hours in the scorching heat with crying children waiting to finally have their turn at a one-minute ride.

Spinners are popular though. They move, unlike indoor rides children can see it move, everything about it is big and colourful, children have some control over the movement. It is all very appealing to young eyes. Kids love it, that much is true.

And teens love coasters, but that doesn't mean they ought to build a giant coaster in the middle of Main Street.

Since I work the Magic Carpets, I can tell you that the Carpets can get twice as many people per hour compared to Dumbo so hence the shorter wait than Dumbo. It is defnitely as popular as Dumbo. Kids love it so families love it because it keeps their kids happy! I enjoy seeing the kids faces after riding it!! I also work Pirates too and it's quite opposite. Kids are usually timid and scared because they don't know what to expect

Axle1986

Do you think its possible for Uh-Oa to be inside the tall thing in the middle?
Maybe she wont rise above it, but instead, the top portion of the thing will slide down to reveal her?... Just a thought :)

The Duck

Do you think its possible for Uh-Oa to be inside the tall thing in the middle?
Maybe she wont rise above it, but instead, the top portion of the thing will slide down to reveal her?... Just a thought :)

If the fountain doesn't return, I would be perfectly alright with Uh Oa making an appearance as long as she's in a better mood than last time. As bad as Iago was, she was an impressive AA.

Captain Neo

How comes the waterfall in the pre-show isn't working like it did in the old show? If you click on the Jeff Lange video there is an older video from the 90s that showed a real waterfall not just water dripping down the sides.

If the fountain doesn't return, I would be perfectly alright with Uh Oa making an appearance as long as she's in a better mood than last time. As bad as Iago was, she was an impressive AA.

YOUR MESSIN WIT ME BABY!

Testtrack321

This will be the DL show with the old WDW pre show. The fountain will not be present immediately since that AA pedestal installation required the cutting of the water lines. The fountain will be there in another form, how, I don't know quite yet.

SeaCastle

I'm wondering if the flame effects in the pre-show have returned. The video has the railing obscuring the view of where the flames would be.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom