The British Invasion leaving Epcot?

Atomicmickey

This brings up a question that I've had for a long time.

Bands like British Invasion, Mulch, Sweat and Shears, and Off Kilter.

Were they created for Epcot, or did they exist before? Are they "staffed" through Disney hiring, or are they independent contractors?

I've never understood if these are "real bands", since they pretty much only play a regular schedule at Epcot. They certainly never go on tour!

For example--I'd think that Dapper Dans, Jammitors, etc. are Disney staffed and Cast Member populated acts, but the "bands" I'm not so sure about.

So, the statement that "British Invasion is leaving Epcot", might mean "Disney is cutting back on entertainment", or does it mean "the band British Invasion is going to play elsewhere now, their contract is up".

You'd never read a story saying, for example "Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue is leaving Walt Disney World."

Anyone know how this works?

maxairmike

I had heard some rumblings that this might be happening a few months ago. If it ends up true...that would certainly be a shame. British Invasion was always enjoyable.

EDIT: To answer the question(s) posed above, I know that Off Kilter was a "regular" band before they got to Disney, and Voices of Liberty is some kind of branch of the Liberty Voices, which is a musical organization that I can't figure out. I am not sure if British Invasion is a Disney creation, but I do know that at least one of them is...rather good friends with Crush. I believe that most of the entertainment in World Showcase are contracted groups Disney has brought in, though I am not 100% of the distinction for British Invasion, given the previous sentence.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
They continue to keep cutting entertainment. China lost the wonderful acrobats, no replacement. and now this. They cut the folk group from Norway, I think morockin is gone now as well or no?

Mo'Rockin is still running.

WondersOfLife

Blink, blink. Breathe, breathe. Day in, day out.
I never cared much about Epcot's live entertainment.. I just walked
passed them, stop for about 10 seconds, think "that's nice" then walk on.. No reason to listen to theirs if there's music circling around the park already, right? :shrug::ROFLOL: -jk-

menamechris

I really hope this is just a rumor. World Showcase needs solid entertainment to bring people in. Just please don't come back and say they are going to stick a DJ in there... :hammer:

menamechris

Were they created for Epcot, or did they exist before? Are they "staffed" through Disney hiring, or are they independent contractors?

I searched around, and they have their own website, and are represented by a talent agency. You can even book them for private events - so they must be independent contractors that Disney hires. Maybe they are in contract negotiations or something?

rsoxguy

I this rumor is true, I would assume that there would some type of replacement, no? The beautiful garden area would be wasted without some type of activity.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I this rumor is true, I would assume that there would some type of replacement, no? The beautiful garden area would be wasted without some type of activity.

Hopefully, although China still has no replacement for the Dragon Legend Acrobats.

captainkidd

So, let's see:

1.Chinese acrobats - Gone.
2.Miyuki can no longer give away candy.
3.British Invasion - Next on the chopping block.

Well, they did their best to destroy Future World, now it's time to take out World Showcase.

menamechris

So, let's see:

1.Chinese acrobats - Gone.
2.Miyuki can no longer give away candy.
3.British Invasion - Next on the chopping block.

Well, they did their best to destroy Future World, now it's time to take out World Showcase.

Apparently, the 90's was the decade of building; the 2010's is the decade of disassembling....

thehowiet

Wilson King of Prussia
Man, I really hope this rumor does not turn out to be fact. Having a cocktail and sitting on the steps that face the stage while they perform is one of my favorite things to do in Epcot.

EDIT: I just sent an email to the address on their website. I'll let you guys know if I hear anything back.

SMRT-1

I've never understood if these are "real bands", since they pretty much only play a regular schedule at Epcot. They certainly never go on tour!

For example--I'd think that Dapper Dans, Jammitors, etc. are Disney staffed and Cast Member populated acts, but the "bands" I'm not so sure about.

So, the statement that "British Invasion is leaving Epcot", might mean "Disney is cutting back on entertainment", or does it mean "the band British Invasion is going to play elsewhere now, their contract is up".

You'd never read a story saying, for example "Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue is leaving Walt Disney World."

from what i understand "british invasion" formed outside of disney. it was then pitched to disney management.

Biff215

It seems they are similar to Four For a Dollar, the old a capella group that was cut from the Studios. They still exist offsite as Return 2 Zero.

I miss them, and I would surely miss British Invasion as well. Let's hope this gets worked out soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom