The British Invasion leaving Epcot?

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
I never cared much about Epcot's live entertainment.. I just walked
passed them, stop for about 10 seconds, think "that's nice" then walk on.. No reason to listen to theirs if there's music circling around the park already, right? :shrug::ROFLOL: -jk-

I usually walk past them as well, but I spent one of the more enjoyable afternoons of my life this past January specifically not doing that. I walked around WS and stopped to see...

Off Kilter
Server Amusant
Miyuki
Taiko drums
Whatever the guy in Italy that does a little comedy show is called
Mariachi Cobre
Dragon Legend

It was a nice afternoon and I'm glad I took the time.

So, let's see:

1.Chinese acrobats - Gone.
2.Miyuki can no longer give away candy.
3.British Invasion - Next on the chopping block.

Well, they did their best to destroy Future World, now it's time to take out World Showcase.

Miyuki can't give candy away? She was doing it in January.

RSoxNo1

While I never really stopped to watch The British Invasion, I thought the Acrobats were amazing. I just hope this is a change to something new as opposed to an outright removal.

Phonedave

Yes new child protection laws :drevil:

She has a panel van parked out back.

In reality it is because of some food service law. It is considered food, although no one in their right mind would eat it. She does not follow the required procedures, so she can't "serve" it. At least that is the reason I heard for her not handing it out.

-dave

dave&di

So, let's see:

1.Chinese acrobats - Gone.
2.Miyuki can no longer give away candy.
3.British Invasion - Next on the chopping block.

Well, they did their best to destroy Future World, now it's time to take out World Showcase.

Too true :mad: The live entertainment is part of the spirit of The World Showcase.

If you could replace 'The British Invasion' with another band/artist who would you choose? I would pick Led Zeppelin. :sohappy:

Jerm

Well with World Showcase Players only being in UK, that takes care of the small entertainment that is needed for each pavilion:brick: I heard that they might be going the way of the free candy when WSP got cut back, but was looking good since they had stuck around. It is sad how little the entertainment has become.......

Pioneer Hall

Remember that this is all speculation at this point...it isn't worth getting overly upset about just yet.

In regards to the acrobats in China. I do not know what the show might be, but I did notice a set up for what looked like a show that would take place in the same area last week. In addition, when I passed by the pavilion, the sign that displays show times said "Performance" and has times listed. Unfortunately I only had about 90 minutes in the park and wouldn't be able to see what these performances were.

hpyhnt 1000

Well this sucks, though they did say they will be back to play at Disney "from time to time." And they did say that they informed Disney some time ago so hopefully some other kind of live entertainment will be provided (as long as its not a DJ).

Alektronic

I heard that Disney just didn't choose to renew their contract. It is all about the money, Entertainment is still in cutback mode. They are just trying to find some cheap 3rd party entertainment. DTD is their business model I guess, take some great entertainment then replace it with some cheap outside contractor or 3rd party and it won't have to be a long contract.

Also, I heard that they are replacing the Chinese Acrobats with just some ADULT acrobats. Right now, they have some kind of temporary show with a guy with a mask and a dragon. It looked pretty boring to me.

aurorawest

I guess I'm in the minority, but I find this thrilling...if another band comes in. No offence to the Beatles or their many fans but there's so much British music that I'd rather hear.

menamechris

I guess I'm in the minority, but I find this thrilling...if another band comes in. No offence to the Beatles or their many fans but there's so much British music that I'd rather hear.

If history is any indicator, it will not be something better - just something cheaper....

jakeman

I heard that Disney just didn't choose to renew their contract. It is all about the money, Entertainment is still in cutback mode. They are just trying to find some cheap 3rd party entertainment. DTD is their business model I guess, take some great entertainment then replace it with some cheap outside contractor or 3rd party and it won't have to be a long contract.
Wouldn't a band that formed outside of Disney and is contracted by Disney be an outside contractor or 3rd party?

menamechris

I REALLY hope this is not true. Even during the slowest times of year, this band would bring in a full courtyard for every show. I have never gone to see them and not had trouble finding a place to sit.... If that's true that they just chose not to renew their contract, guest popularity and satisfaction is no longer even a component in the "business model".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom