The British Invasion leaving Epcot?

flavious27

I never cared much about Epcot's live entertainment.. I just walked
passed them, stop for about 10 seconds, think "that's nice" then walk on.. No reason to listen to theirs if there's music circling around the park already, right? :shrug::ROFLOL: -jk-

I liked the Chinese gymnasts that they had before. We would always stop to listen to the bagpipers at the Canadian Pavilion.

AJScooch

A Sad Fan of the British Invasion

I don't know about anyone else, but I was really disappointed to hear that The British Invasion is no longer going to be at the UK Pavillion in EPCOT. I always enjoyed sitting in the park area and listening to all the great Beatles music that they played. They were also some really nice guys to chat with after the show. I would always make sure to see them a couple of times every trip to WDW.

I just really glad that I was able to get there last August so my DD (16 months at the time) could listen and dance to the Beatles music she loves to listen too.

Any information on the new band that is replacing them? I know it was posted that they would be playing some Beatles music, along with other British Invasion era music. I just hope they are as good.

:( :( :( :( :( :(:( :(

wolf359

I have to say, after setting aside my fondness for the British Invasion for just a moment, and watching the British Airwaves' promo video I really think that this a big improvement for the UK pavilion's entertainment.

I'm really looking forward to checking them out in June!

:)

rsoxguy

I'm wondering how this will match the Disney atmosphere at the UK pavilion. The Beatles music played by the British Invasion was always very "bubblegum", so to speak. Led Zeppelin (The Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, etc,) and Pink Floyd (Do goody good --------) seem a bit edgier for a Disney afternoon with the kids. Perhaps I'm over-thinking here, but I wonder if Disney management will maintain a tight grip on the playlist.

wolf359

I'm wondering how this will match the Disney atmosphere at the UK pavilion. The Beatles music played by the British Invasion was always very "bubblegum", so to speak. Led Zeppelin (The Lemon Song, Whole Lotta Love, etc,) and Pink Floyd (Do goody good --------) seem a bit edgier for a Disney afternoon with the kids. Perhaps I'm over-thinking here, but I wonder if Disney management will maintain a tight grip on the playlist.

Oh, I'm sure Disney is VERY specific about what songs will and won't make the cut, but looking over the songs they play on their website I really don't see anything that would raise too many eyebrows, other than perhaps "Roxanne" or "Mama."

71jason

Guess they changed the name at the last minute, now called "The English Channel."

They're a talented cover band, a good amount of charisma, I thought better at 70s/80s songs than 60s. No costumes (well, the drummer had a Union Jack shirt), no fake Brit accents.

RSoxGuy is right, tho, the "arena" rock sounds completley out of place when played in a gazebo in an English garden. Never thought I'd see toddlers dancing to The Clash in WDW. As for "Disney-appropriate," both Live & Let Die and Baba O'Reiley made the cut. Only Zep was Kashmir (heavily abridged), no Floyd that I caught.

Honestly, the gazebo is too small to hold the typical arena rock posing/posturing that goes with the songs they play. Trying to windmill like Pete Townsend, for instance, they seemed to be right on top of one another. Ultimately I think either the venue or the band is going to have to be overhauled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom