New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

IlikeDW

Ok, here's the problem I have with this post. It went from this-

to-"Details are not forthcoming, but I believe they are going to "enhance" the figures not replace them altogether. They are pretty old figures, what the really need to do is focus on Pirates, that attraction is a Hot Mess"

Clearly two different statements with a nice flourish of change the subject to Pirates at the end. Maybe you're telling the truth Rum Pirate but are very scattered? Too much rum?
And can we please retire the phrase "hot mess" for all eternity?
Thanks. :hammer:

Splitting hairs, "new" does not equal "different", could just as easily mean upgraded replacement. curious to see how this pans out.

agent21

Wouldn't it be cool if after the NGE project is implemented at HM, one of the hitch-hiking ghosts would interact with you on your birthday? Dun dun dun...

mprice

I wonder if this will have anything to do with the mirror finale? It seems that if they're going to upgrade the hitchiking ghosts and infuse some sort of NextGen technology there, it would have alot to do both with the actual HG scene and the mirror deal as well... just thinking out loud for the purpose of discussion...

MickeyPeace

Splitting hairs, "new" does not equal "different", could just as easily mean upgraded replacement. curious to see how this pans out.
I'm glad I could help everyone get a clearer meaning of what is to be expected! We are now looking for enhanced versions of the same characters, not different characters altogether.
That to me is very different than "adding new characters".

ABigBrassBand

Interesting, we'll see if this ever happens, but glad I'm not the only one who wants them to have some sort of photo system with the hitchhiking ghosts.

WDITrent

I believe Martin, and so I believe Rum Pirate. :) For your sake, Rum Pirate, I hope this project pulls through. I just had my doubts because before this, Jim Hill was one of the only people reporting a change.

ttalovebug

I don't know if it's just me, but hearing about a possible photo spot in the Mansion makes me fear walking into a gift shop almost directly after exiting the doom buggies. That would be horrendous.

I know I'm paranoid- but HM is closer to perfection than any other attraction in Florida, and possibly anywhere else. Messing with it makes me incrediblynervous. It may sound stupid, but any large-scale changes happening, from next gen to queue work, gives me an uneasy feeling.

Mr Wizard

Wow. I am totally shocked and somewhat apalled by the tone of this thread. A new person wants to join in and share some info and he is instantly dumped on by multiple people. And what wasn't dumped on was picked apart over definitions. I woulden't blame Rum Pirate one bit if he took his ball and went home.

S

stphnbogert

yeah this is pretty civil. i hope its true though but i don't get my hopes up....last time i did that they cut the aurora meet and greet.

PalisadesPkteer

Not a bad first post :wave:

Prelim work has already begun.

If Martin says work is already begun.

Then I would say this rumor is now more like fact.

Martin, when did work start? Any info as to how long it will take.

Is it going to be linked in any way with the outside que "enhancement"

mickey2008.1

I don't know if it's just me, but hearing about a possible photo spot in the Mansion makes me fear walking into a gift shop almost directly after exiting the doom buggies. That would be horrendous.

I know I'm paranoid- but HM is closer to perfection than any other attraction in Florida, and possibly anywhere else. Messing with it makes me incrediblynervous. It may sound stupid, but any large-scale changes happening, from next gen to queue work, gives me an uneasy feeling.
i agree with this. If there is a photopass opportunity, then there would have to be a place to see the pics and purchase them, where would that go? Currently you step off the ride and pretty much right out the door, which I like.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
Wow. I am totally shocked and somewhat apalled by the tone of this thread. A new person wants to join in and share some info and he is instantly dumped on by multiple people. And what wasn't dumped on was picked apart over definitions. I woulden't blame Rum Pirate one bit if he took his ball and went home.

Thanks Wizard, this has been quite civil, and Im happy to be here, It could have been a heck of a lot worse

Magenta Panther

I agree with you completely. The Mansion feels less "commercial" than other rides in WDW because there is no gift shop attached to it. It stands alone, and seems more of a real experience that way. It's a wonderful classic attraction that has stood the test of time. The stuff I'm reading about the new queue makes me a little fearful that it might break the Mansion's spell, if you know what I mean. I hope I'm wrong, I hope I'm wrong...

But on the other hand, anything that would enhance the Mansion experience without breaking the spell would be awesome. Like the Escher staircase. So I've got my fingers crossed.

NoChesterHester

While I am glad the mansion doesn't dump you directly into a gift shop, it does need more merchandise. What could be really awesome about an on ride photo of the doom buggy is that there aren't a bunch of other random people in the ride vehicle with you. Could be a nice souvineer without the worry of the dweeb behind you picking his nose in the image.

Victor Kelly

If they ever make it possible to have a photo in the doom buggy with one of the ghosts, I would most likely buy one. And there does need to be more merchandise, but I have to agree with no gift shop. There used to be a small magic shop to the left, right by the gate entrance. And with the demise of the main street magic shop there is very little in the way of anything remotely associated with HM.

If one could, can there be a better description of other more advanced haunted mansion details, possibly even video??

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom