New HitchHiking Ghosts Coming to WDW

Disneygal1

I've been a member on here since 2002. You learn a lot on here as you go. But yes, I am a CM as are many members here on the boards. But just because I am one doesn't give me infinate knowledge of everything Disney. The things I know come from being a very fortunate individual. :animwink:

I knew it! And I also agree that you learn a lot from being on this website for a long time.

RSoxNo1

any news on the Hatbox?

I posted over in the DLand section that I had a sighting:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=684192

It's dark, but I rode it twice and swear it's him behind some boxes.
I may be wrong, but another person thinks they saw him too.

Wasn't there a strong rumor that he was coming to WDW too?

My understanding is that the Hatbox ghost will be featured in the new Guillermo Del Toro Haunted Mansion movie, so they want to wait until that's established before adding the Hatbox Ghost now.

JustInTime

To add some fule to the fire...from the WDW permits thread via Edwardtc:

This just in...

Apparently, they're going to do some work at the Haunted Mansion, to Develop an Experience of some kind.

Pretty big news. This must be Project Z

:lookaroun

And considering the guest survey that was sent out 6 months ago asking guests about ghosts "interacting with you" and "following you home" this rumor is picking up some steam...

gerryu21220

To add some fule to the fire...from the WDW permits thread via Edwardtc:

This just in...

Apparently, they're going to do some work at the Haunted Mansion, to Develop an Experience of some kind.

Pretty big news. This must be Project Z

:lookaroun

And considering the guest survey that was sent out 6 months ago asking guests about ghosts "interacting with you" and "following you home" this rumor is picking up some steam...

Can't even read the article. You have to be a member to read it.

:(

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
Well Folks, the Black Screen has gone up and work is underway, I have not seen it yet myself, but I hear its ok for the time being, so is this where the apologies begin???

zooey

Wait, so are we losing the AA ghosts for good? I don't mind the projections plussing the ghosts in the doombuggie effect, but I would be sad to lose the AA hitchhiking ghosts.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
Wait, so are we losing the AA ghosts for good? I don't mind the projections plussing the ghosts in the doombuggie effect, but I would be sad to lose the AA hitchhiking ghosts.

Its my understanding that they are updating the AA figures these projections are temporary and will be replaced with the final product

Tom

Beta Return
read the first post, the work has begun on the new and improved Ghosts :D

Gotcha. I was thinking this was another thread (I just click on the Subscription e-mails I get, and didn't see the first page of posts).

So, where is the black screen? Is it just in front of the mirrors? What does it currently look like as you travel through that area?

EDIT: Nevermind...missed the video too.

EDIT EDIT: Never-Nevermind...video doesn't really tell me much.

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
Gotcha. I was thinking this was another thread (I just click on the Subscription e-mails I get, and didn't see the first page of posts).

So, where is the black screen? Is it just in front of the mirrors? What does it currently look like as you travel through that area?

EDIT: Nevermind...missed the video too.

EDIT EDIT: Never-Nevermind...video doesn't really tell me much.

ROFL, ok I have not personally seen the Traveling ghosts in the mirrors, but the HHG's are now Covered by a black Screen (not see through) and the temp ghosts are being projected directly on it while the figures are being refurbed, I have not seen the mirrors again so I cant speak to those but the HHG projections are not bad at all for the time being, we shall see the final product in 6-8 weeks, Cross your fingers, but it should be AMAZING

rodserling27

I have serious doubts. Hate the removal of the graveyard, hated the new attic and bride, but I'm hoping I won't hate the new Hitch-Hiking Ghosts.

TREVON 2.0

I know any actual chances of this actually happening is not that plausible, but I think that we can all agree that a 3D Holographic Projector replacing the Audio Animatronics would give guests a much better experience with the up-close ghosts..

Rum Pirate

Original Poster
I have serious doubts. Hate the removal of the graveyard, hated the new attic and bride, but I'm hoping I won't hate the new Hitch-Hiking Ghosts.

A form of the graveyard will return, Not a fan of the New attic Either, and the bride, shall I start a rumor in a rumor thread???? Hummmmmm, and for the HHG's YOU WILL BE AMAZED and not at all be disapointed

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom