Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

ToTBellHop

any chance there are "soft openings" for TLM by February 2012?

Way too early to know, but possible--perhaps unlikely, but possible. That's 18 months away, and DCA's mermaid 18 months out from completion (roughly at the beginning of this year) looked perhaps a little further along than ours looks now. Granted they are just building a ride with a less involved queue--at WDW, there is a lot more being built to get you from the current Fantasyland all the way back to where Mermaid is being built. I certainly wouldn't PLAN on it being open. Maybe you get surprised.

DocMcHulk

Way too early to know, but possible--perhaps unlikely, but possible. That's 18 months away, and DCA's mermaid 18 months out from completion (roughly at the beginning of this year) looked perhaps a little further along than ours looks now. Granted they are just building a ride with a less involved queue--at WDW, there is a lot more being built to get you from the current Fantasyland all the way back to where Mermaid is being built. I certainly wouldn't PLAN on it being open. Maybe you get surprised.

that was my thinking as well. Just hoping :)

lownalo

For me, it's the most disapointing, because my biggest hopes were for the long-awaited Pinocchio's Daring Journey and/or Alice In Wonderland dark rides!

I would have also been blown away by Casey Junior Circus Train, Storybook Land Canal Boats, a return of Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, or the long-awaited Matterhorn Bobsleds, although I knew all along the last two were extremely unlikely.

But Pinocchio and especially Alice seemed plausible.

Oh well, even if there is no additional new dark ride based on one of the Disney Animated Classics, I still have the new Little Mermaid ride to look forward to!

Hopefully the new ride will be something I will enjoy, and I am REALLY, REALLY hoping that Snow White's Adventures stays!

Having gone to Disneyland a handful of times I can say that I'm happy that we aren't getting a clone of Alice, Casey or Story Book. Pinocchio is OK. Mr. Toad is great. The AiW ride at Disneyland isn't that good, overrated IMO. Story Book just seems cheap to me, like something you would see at Six Flags. Casey Jr. looks cool, but really, meh. I can honestly say that Matterhorn would be great, no, it's not too much like EE, it's just a fun ride, needs a better que, but since we aren't getting a clone, I can only dream.

Wilt Dasney

Hopefully the new ride will be something I will enjoy, and I am REALLY, REALLY hoping that Snow White's Adventures stays!
I really don't see them closing that ride just because a new Snow White-themed coaster might be opening up. It seems very arbitrary to me.

Is there any precedent for Disney closing a ride because they happened to open something new with the same character? I can think of at least one contrary example, with the Mad Tea Party and Alice in Wonderland right next to each other at DL. (And by the way, they weren't always grouped together in a "mini-land." That only happened with the Fantasyland refurb in the '80s.)

ETA: They're much simpler rides, but another example of the same franchise in 2 attractions is Dumbo and Casey Jr. at DL.

jt04

Can I get an order of Tonga Toast for jt's kidney? I skipped breakfast this morning.

I must warn that I'm bitter. Yet optimistic.

After how many days of following this thread, Im officially bored of the speculation. My enthusiasm has finally subsided and Im content to just wait it out now until something is made more clear.

Ah, another members realizes there is a scam being run here. I congradulate you.

Evil Genius

I'm really wishing I had a friendship with the one person i know inside WDI.

Heck I'm very close to a recently former Imagineer and he won't tell me anything either. Of course he may not know much of anything, but I do know he's still very connected with his former associates but he's a steel vault in terms of getting news.

Although he did confirm the original blueprint of FLE two months before it was announced at the D23 Expo...but that's the last REAL bone he's thrown my way.

Oh and a little gem about the future of the Adventure's Club...:lookaroun

IWant2GoNow

Heck I'm very close to a recently former Imagineer and he won't tell me anything either. Of course he may not know much of anything, but I do know he's still very connected with his former associates but he's a steel vault in terms of getting news.

Although he did confirm the original blueprint of FLE two months before it was announced at the D23 Expo...but that's the last REAL bone he's thrown my way.

Can you PM a gem? :lol:

jt04

here comes the stampede

Shaman

Couldn't they enclose and retheme Barnstormer and make it into some kind of a dark ride/coaster (mine)?

If Dumbo gets moved from the spot on the plans...they'll need something there...Wonderland/Alice coaster fits there.

If the changes aren't major in terms of the overall budget does that mean that they're just gonna use/improve on stuff that's already there...or on the aspects of the project that are already being constructed?

Couldn't they move Dumbo into Toon Town Fair...make that area the circus?

Will the new rumored attraction take up Cinderella/Aurora plots? If not where?

:lookaroun

Evil Genius

True. I have no idea how high up the food chain my guy is. He's a semi-distant relative who's sister worked with my wife. So, i've never met him or talked to him. But dang I'd like to!!

Mine are face to face conversations as he lives not half an hour from me! Alas he knows of my Disney internet presence and so he won't tell me anything!

Of course the more time that passes I don't know how much more "out of the loop" he falls himself...but anything he has told me in the past has been verbatim what's happened...but I think the onset of more or more rumor mills on line have sealed his lips.:brick:

David S.

Having gone to Disneyland a handful of times I can say that I'm happy that we aren't getting a clone of Alice, Casey or Story Book. Pinocchio is OK. Mr. Toad is great. The AiW ride at Disneyland isn't that good, overrated IMO. Story Book just seems cheap to me, like something you would see at Six Flags. Casey Jr. looks cool, but really, meh.

Well, different strokes for different folks! Other than Splash Mountain and Small World, the Fantasyland Dark Rides are my favorite rides in a Magic Kingdom-style park!

Pinocchio is my favorite of the DL Fantasyland dark rides and my 4th favorite attraction (in my aesthetics category) currently operating at DL (behind Small World, Splash Mountain, and Winnie the Pooh).

Alice is my 7th favorite at DL, Toad is 10th, Casey Junior 11th, and Storybook Land 12th.

I think Storybook Land is really charming and I enjoy the miniatures of all the magical environments found in the Disney Animated Classics! Casey Junior is cute as a button, I love the character, and one thing I LOVE about the ride is the ultra-catchy "Casey Junior" theme song plays as the soundtrack, so the whole thing just puts me in a happy, festive, mood! And I feel like I am in the world of my favorite movie, Dumbo!

Matterhorn is my #1 at Disneyland in my thrills category and I enjoy the aesthetics of it as well, as I've always enjoyed Alpine theming and music!

So all 6 of these would be in my MK Top 20!

Ever since I was little, my biggest MK disapointment was that the MK Fantasyland was MISSING so many of the DL classics! Nearly everything else at DL was adapted for the East Coast version EXCEPT in Fantasyland!

I remember going to the MK for the first time at 5 and DL at 6 one year later, and thinking "Man, the MK Fantasyland got the shaft!" But at least we had Mickey Mouse Revue, though!

David S.

I really don't see them closing that ride just because a new Snow White-themed coaster might be opening up. It seems very arbitrary to me.

Is there any precedent for Disney closing a ride because they happened to open something new with the same character? I can think of at least one contrary example, with the Mad Tea Party and Alice in Wonderland right next to each other at DL. (And by the way, they weren't always grouped together in a "mini-land." That only happened with the Fantasyland refurb in the '80s.)

ETA: They're much simpler rides, but another example of the same franchise in 2 attractions is Dumbo and Casey Jr. at DL.

Yes, I agree, I would not have thought that would be a valid reason to close Snow White. The reason I was expressing concern was because others in this thread had deduced that MAY be happening based on "clues". But I hope that they are wrong and you are right! :)

LudwigVonDrake

Juan,

1) Does the new ride/attraction involve the Disney Living Character Initiative?
2) Will Goofy's Barnstormer still be rethemed to a circus theme?

Lee

Adventurer
Are you a CM or something that you can't spill the beans?
"What do you know about the beans?!?!"
nasty-beans-s.jpg

Sorry...too obscure?:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom