Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

DocMcHulk

This is instantly what I thought of! A "Flight of the Lost Boys" hanging coaster where you fly all through Neverland. It keeps Pixie Hollow and expands a bit on it so it has more theming and action.

based on Staggs comments, any type of new coaster would seem to not be a part of their plans.

devoy1701

If it was "quiet" when I was there two weeks ago and fighting wall to wall people at MK and a literal stampede to Toy Story mania at DHS opening then I'm not sure when I want to see it "busy".

agree. Parks definitely aren't "quiet". Been a couple different times this summer on different days of the week.

MiklCraw4d

by "traditional dark rides" do you mean something simple like Pooh and Peter Pan?

Yeah, that's what I've been hearing. Everything is super-sketchy though, and that could have been old, old plans. I have a feeling after Staggs's extended comments that things might have changed somewhat.

You're allowed to interpret what's been said anyway you want as details have been sketchy, I just didn't get the "dark ride" angle.

That's just what I'd heard personally, and didn't think his comments precluded the possibility of that. Then I saw his expanded comments and I'm not so sure.

it really is amusing. I had a meeting over at Uni yesterday and we popped into Wizarding World for a quick ride on Fobidden Journey, the place was a zoo, people everywhere and you know what they all seemed thrilled to be there. IOA has been averaging 30k daily since mid June which is blowing away even the highest expectations Uni had for the addition. Meanwhile the Disney parks are having a relatively quiet summer. Its just so nice to see Universal being rewarded for actually spending the money and creating an amazing product. I wish them all the success in the world.

Agreed. I'm really happy for them. They tried to do things the right way and it paid off for them. Hopefully they'll take it to heart and run with it.

Tigger1988

Compare it to Potter and yes it has been quiet. Go over there and you'll see.

You've obviously never been to the parks during the off season and seen them truely quiet.

And if IoA is even more packed than Disney parks are currently I don't see how that could be even remotely enjoyable. Being shoulder to shoulder with people in MK wasn't all that fun to me.

TarzanRocked99-

Potter may be packed but the Disney parks are FAR from quiet. I've been there during quiet times, and now isn't it, sorry.

Look at it this way DHS is closing at 7:00pm most days and its supposedly a "busy summer" meanwhile IOA's hours have been extended for the remainder of the month

Grizzly Hall 71

You've obviously never been to the parks during the off season and seen them truely quiet.

And if IoA is even more packed than Disney parks are currently I don't see how that could be even remotely enjoyable. Being shoulder to shoulder with people in MK wasn't all that fun to me.

I've been to WDW during every month of the year. I know quiet trust me. But compare it to Potter's summer it has been a quiet one.

DocMcHulk

Yes a franchise that has been dominating the bookshelves and theatres for over decade is just a fad. :rolleyes:

A new high tech ride is just a fad :cool:

oh dont get me wrong. I didnt mean the franchise was a fad. I meant the new attractions are. New attractions (especially new lands) ALWAYS have HUGE crowds. It's the newness factor. And with something like Potter, there been this huge build-up with the books and movies so now everyone is rushing to see it. But the last book is out and the last movie comes out next year.

After a while the "newness" will wear out. I'm not saying it's going to just become a ghost town. But, it will go down and level off.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom