Staggs says changes to Fantasyland...

WDWFigment

What has happened is a failure to complete the overarching story of the park (Animals that were, are, and never will be).

Going back to the previous post, I think the subtlety of the individual stories and how they relate to the overall theme are lost on all but the most attentive fan or even cast member (no slight towards you intended, we took a 3 day orientation to learn the story).

Had we had BK, I think that balance between story, animal, and "pure" theme park would be more adequate. As it is we are stuck with what we have. Moving forward we can hope that any additional live animal attractions are of the quality of safaris and more fantastical attractions come sooner rather than later.

I guess I'll defer to the old saying "If ifs and buts were candies and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas."

I'd likely love what you're describing--and I think it would complete DAK very well. The problem is, that's not the park at hand. I would love to see a Beastly Kingdom (or similar concept) expansion. It wouldn't even need to be that large (although that, obviously, would be preferred!).

raven

So to wrap up the thread so far:

1) No one can confirm what changes are being made.

2) No one has confirmed these changes will be even a ride

3) No one has confirmed what part of the original plans have been scrapped.

4) No one can confirm when we will know about these changes

5) If the changes are a ride (which hasn't been confirmed), no one can confirm if it will be an E, D, F, G, X, Y, Z ticket ride.

Confirmation, yes. But a public confirmation, no.

TarzanRocked99-

And MK open til 2am some nights, Animal Kingdom open til 10pm some nights...

You are missing the point, Extra Magic Hours honestly don't even need to be brought into the equation. Looking at the parks hours is a clear indicator of how things are going. Magic Kingdom is crowded and doing just fine hence the traditional summer hours continuing even past the Nightastic Promotion. Epcot - well their hours don't fluctuate so not able to gage anything there. But as for DHS and AK they are closing at 7:00pm and 6:00pm for the most part which is extremelly early for this time of year if you want to go back and look a historical data. Its those parks that are feeling the effects of Potter the most. If IOA is indeed pulling in over 30k per day in attendance then it will probably jump both those parks in annual attendance, and no matter what spin you put on it, it will not make Disney happy.

Wizarding World is not going to ever top Magic Kingdom in numbers nor was it meant to. All Uni wanted was to get a little bigger piece of the pie and they took a gamble, spent a ton of money and created a quality product that is now rewarding them. I don't understand why there is so much negativity torwards them for that. Its crazy people should be thrilled that a new quality product has been created that hopefully will make TDO finally take notice and step up to the plate. Its a win win for everyone, but all most people on this site want to do is bash it and discredit it without even experiencing it for themselves.:veryconfu

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Your the boss here. Your the big guy. Whatever you say is right.

Just know Potter is kicking butt while Disney is still having their "busy" summer. Since you said they were far from quiet.

Potter may be kicking but now, but remember, Disney is generational. Potter is a fad on steroids. It will not retain its crazed attraction powers that it currently has.

Grizzly Hall 71

You are missing the point, Extra Magic Hours honestly don't even need to be brought into the equation. Looking at the parks hours is a clear indicator of how things are going. Magic Kingdom is crowded and doing just fine hence the traditional summer hours continuing even past the Nightastic Promotion. Epcot - well their hours don't fluctuate so not able to gage anything there. But as for DHS and AK they are closing at 7:00pm and 6:00pm for the most part which is extremelly early for this time of year if you want to go back and look a historical data. Its those parks that are feeling the effects of Potter the most. If IOA is indeed pulling in over 30k per day in attendance then it will probably jump both those parks in annual attendance, and no matter what spin you put on it, it will not make Disney happy.

Wizarding World is not going to ever top Magic Kingdom in numbers nor was it meant to. All Uni wanted was to get a little bigger piece of the pie and they took a gamble, spent a ton of money and created a quality product that is now rewarding them. I don't understand why there is so much negativity torwards them for that. Its crazy people should be thrilled that a new quality product has been created that hopefully will make TDO finally take notice and step up to the plate. Its a win win for everyone, but all most people on this site want to do is bash it and discredit it without even experiencing it for themselves.:veryconfu

And here's my favorite post today.

Tigger1988

If you take a look at the handy link of park hours you'll see that MOST nights (not even counting EMH) DHS is open til 10pm not 7pm, in fact the 7pm nights are rare.

As far as AK, when doesn't that park close around 7pm? Summer or not?

So. Are you ignoring that to try and make your argument seem better?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom