Expert's Planned Attraction Updates?

lebeau

TLM and the BATB restaurant may be the only parts that are of interest to you, and quite honestly these are the only parts that are going to appeal to me personally, but I really think the kids will LOVE these new interactive meet and greats. I think interacting with characters is one of the main things kids, especially young kids, remember from there visits. I think they are likely to be very popular and somethings kids talk about long after their vacation. This IMHO, is a win for Disney.

Dan

I don't think you understand the problem here. People without kids don't like them. Therefore, they are a waste of money and a horrible mistake. :rolleyes:

_Scar

When did this Frontierland expansion rumor fall out of the blue sky?

o_O

And count me in as someone who isn't rattled by these M&G's. Hopefully some day I can take my niece or daughter to one of these and they will have a great time. :)

tirian

This is just sad. Are the executives in Burbank and Glendale not realizing what a joke this expansion is. The only interesting parts are TLM and the BATB restaurant. Everything else in this expansion should be reconfigured and the Meet and Greets should be trashed and replaced with attractions. Im hoping the Frontierland Expansion addressess these problems and adds an attraction that can compete with the Forbidden Journey because it doesnt seem that WDW will get any other attractions in the other 3 parks for a while.

Sorry, I've got to disagree. The upgraded M&Gs are a very important part of children's experience at the MK. TTF was an embarrassment. I don't think the whole park should be about foamheads and princesses, but children need a place to meet their favorite characters, and the flagship park SHOULD have the flagship M&Gs...

...as well as the flagship attractions, restaurants, entertainment, parades... :animwink:

The PH concept is pure "meh," regardless of how popular the franchise may become. The problem is that it makes all of FLE strictly for little girls, and it's the easiest part of the expansion to modify. Many important people would rather see that money go to a ride that attracts all ages and both genders.

Horizonsfan

The PH concept is pure "meh," regardless of how popular the franchise may become. The problem is that it makes all of FLE strictly for little girls, and it's the easiest part of the expansion to modify. Many important people would rather see that money go to a ride that attracts all ages and both genders.

There's hope!:sohappy:

It would bee so much better to have FLE phase 2 be an actual attraction rather than a playground and/or M&G.

aladdin2007

Sorry, I've got to disagree. The upgraded M&Gs are a very important part of children's experience at the MK. TTF was an embarrassment. I don't think the whole park should be about foamheads and princesses, but children need a place to meet their favorite characters, and the flagship park SHOULD have the flagship M&Gs...

...as well as the flagship attractions, restaurants, entertainment, parades... :animwink:

Which is why apparently, and hopefully, they are now rethinking PH. But hopefully not to just become a grassy hill and sit for over a decade like 20,000 leagues.
A ride for all ages and genders is def how they need to go, but lately they are trying to do everything geared to boys or girls, why they are stuck in that ditch of thinking....is annoying. Go back to appealing to all.

Studios Fan

Which is why apparently, and hopefully, they are now rethinking PH. But hopefully not to just become a grassy hill and sit for over a decade like 20,000 leagues.
A ride for all ages and genders is def how they need to go, but lately they are trying to do everything geared to boys or girls, why they are stuck in that ditch of thinking....is annoying. Go back to appealing to all.

I agree. One family style dark ride that appeals to boys and girls and most would be happy. Put Tink up by the old Skyway station in FL (she would be relatively close to PPF there as well.).

jt04

Miceage has posted a scene by scene discription for Little Mermaid including desribing the ride as a $100 million E-Ticket.

Just sayin' :cool:

SeaCastle

Miceage has posted a scene by scene discription for Little Mermaid including desribing the ride as a $100 million E-Ticket.

Imagineers themmselves are callling it a D-ticket. I would imagine WDI knows its rides better than MiceAge does.

Lee

Adventurer

:rolleyes:
This again? *sigh*
It is not an E, it is a D. You will only hear it referred to as an E in PR and publicity contexts.

$100mil?
Don't think so. Maybe if they include both versions, some R/D, and all the demo and land prep.
No way on earth the rude itself is costing $100mil.

SeaCastle

I'm calling shenanigans on that particular meme.

"Shenanigans"

And I have 100 million reasons for doing so. :)

:rolleyes:
This again? *sigh*
It is not an E, it is a D. You will only hear it referred to as an E in PR and publicity contexts.

$100mil?
Don't think so. Maybe if they include both versions, some R/D, and all the demo and land prep.
No way on earth the rude itself is costing $100mil.

Can I call "shenanigans" on your "shenanigans"? :lookaroun

tirian

Sadly, people are missing the point in all this arguing.

TLM will be well-done D or D+-level dark ride. It won't have the same level of immersion as the Haunted Mansion, but it'll be light years ahead of PPF or Snow White.

Just accept that it isn't a POTC-level E-ticket and play nice. :ROFLOL:

jt04

Can I call "shenanigans" on your "shenanigans"? :lookaroun

I'm just quoting miceage. So you would be calling shenanigans on Al who says it is an E and it cost 100 million. Looking at the building structure, and knowing it will have audio-animatronics I can believe he is telling the truth. Just ask yourself, how many D tickets have advanced animatronics? Not even the Haunted Mansion does. Just sayin'.

tirian

I'm just quoting miceage. So you would be calling shenanigans on Al who says it is an E and it cost 100 million. Looking at the building structure, and knowing it will have audio-animatronics I can believe he is telling the truth. Just ask yourself, how many D tickets have advanced animatronics? Not even the Haunted Mansion does. Just sayin'.

That depends on your definition of "advanced"; the HM is full of AAs, but none are as high quality as the Auctioneer at POTC.

TLM is being defined as somewhere between a traditional dark ride and POTC; the Ariel AAs will apparently be impressive, but the surrounding characters will be simpler moving figures. Also, with the clam-mobile setup, the entire ride doesn't have to be elaborately themed—just the side Guests see.

Nevertheless, this will be a solid addition to the MK, and the show building will be much better than the one in DCA.

DisneyxImaginer

the pixy hollow expansion makes no sense in a the sceme of things here
if disney was smart they would keep toontown ansd expand backward to finsish pixey hallow. :brick:

SeaCastle

You do know that all of the animatronics except Ariel were outsourced to a third party, correct?

wizards8507

You do know that all of the animatronics except Ariel were outsourced to a third party, correct?

With respect, what difference does that make? McDonald's doesn't make their own cola. They outsource to Coca-Cola and the product is just fine. Who cares if it's made in-house?

RSoxNo1

Garner Holt is doing the animatronics and they have a very good reputation.

I was also under the impression that Disney is doing the Ariel animatronic, but that Sebastian and Ursula will be getting fairly elaborate animatronics as well.

Garner Holt actually built an animatronic Yeti that had nothing to do with Expedition Everest, but this animatronic has facial recognition software, and can even detect someone doing sign language, and then sign back to that person.

It's not like Disney is farming out stuff to an incompetent company. Look at it like how CGI in live action movies is done now, they farm out work to several different companies. That's more or less what Disney and Garner Holt are doing with the AA's for The Little Mermaid.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom