Who wants to see WDW webcams

Who wants to see WDW webcams on the air?

• Yes, I would tune in to see the happiest place on earth

Votes: 171 96.6%
  • No, I would be too sad to realize I should be there!

Votes: 5 2.8%
  • This is the most boring poll I have ever taken :-0

Votes: 1 0.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
OK...so I have been thinking for a while, why doesn't Disney have any webcams on the air? I would love to tune in a couple of times a week and daydream about being there. The only one I have found is on I think the Swan or Dolphin looking towards Epcot. I am sure they have tons of security closed circut feeds so I would think tapping into a couple of them for each park would not be a big deal.

I have never posted a poll so forgive me if this is too boring a topic but I really wonder how many others would be interested in seeing more webcams on the air or any opinions you may have.

DisneyJoe

There used to be one looking right down Main Street USA.

Since 9/11 they were removed due to security concerns.

I doubt you will ever see them return, at least with the ability to show that much detail.

Sorry!

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Good point but if they are worried about terrorist events maybe they could run them through random cycling delays so that it was not a true live feed but with a randomly changing delay of say 5 minutes to an hour...the technology is there and they could frame the webcam feed with whatever they wanted on the screen to try and advertise, Princess and the Frog, Give a day Get a Day, MVMCP...you see where I am going here.

I think you are right that we will not see these but I for one would be a WDW webcam junkie if they existed!!:hammer:

rodserling27

I seem to recall the webcam looking down mainstreet pre-9/11. But it'd be wicked if they brought it and others back. They could put each of them at the first area of each park and randomize them throughout the parks too. I don't think it will ever happen though.

mastif

Good point but if they are worried about terrorist events maybe they could run them through random cycling delays so that it was not a true live feed but with a randomly changing delay of say 5 minutes to an hour...the technology is there and they could frame the webcam feed with whatever they wanted on the screen to try and advertise, Princess and the Frog, Give a day Get a Day, MVMCP...you see where I am going here.

I think you are right that we will not see these but I for one would be a WDW webcam junkie if they existed!!:hammer:

i guess while that would be better than nothing, but i really would only tune in if i knew it was pretty much live, otherwise i can just hit up youtube.

rodserling27

They're a security risk, I'm assuming. People (meaning terorrists) could exploit weaknesses, or plan more easily the destruction of something? I might be wrong. It seems to be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but whatever!

fosse76

They're a security risk, I'm assuming. People (meaning terorrists) could exploit weaknesses, or plan more easily the destruction of something? I might be wrong. It seems to be a bit of a knee-jerk reaction, but whatever!

Which is nonsense. Terrorists actually visit the locations to spot the weaknesses to exploit. Cameras and photographs can be unreliable and misleading.

And, this is Disneyworld, not Fort Knox. Removing webcams isn't going to make the park any safer.

njDizFan

Since I only get to go once every couple of years, the ability to view WDW on a daily basis would kinda deflate my initial fascination of being in the park. Everytime I go it almost feels like the first time.

rodserling27

Since I only get to go once every couple of years, the ability to view WDW on a daily basis would kinda deflate my initial fascination of being in the park. Everytime I go it almost feels like the first time.
Ahh, I hadn't thought about this. This is a valid point. Nothing is like the feeling of returning to WDW after a long absence. Especially coming into MK.

Andrew54

Yeah I kind of side with you on the deflating the experience. I love that feeling I get when I walk down main street and look at the castle.

Bobster

I used to love the original WDW webcams soooo much that I eventually got tired of waiting for them to come back... and created by own virtual cam on my website. You can guess what option I voted for in this poll :ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom