What Defunct Attraction Do You NOT Miss At All?

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Lets face it, while Disney does so many things brilliantly, creatively and perfectly, there are some attractions that we did once,(maybe long ago)and we weren't all that sad to find it had closed or been replaced.

Of course one person's least favorite, is another person's treasured memory.

Memory is a funny thing...there are a couple things (like Delta Dreamflight/If You Had Wings as an example) that I didn't remember all that fondly, but then looking back at old video footage, I realize what a great ride it really was in many ways.

Ok...the one that wins for me, hand down, as the Glad It's Gone attraction...is Body Wars.
Maybe because my fondest memories of it include the feeling faint while waiting over an hour in line, and the horrible vomiting that occurred shortly after it. Most of the ride was spent trying not to feel queasy, and an attempt to keep my lunch down..

Just the simulator motion coupled with lots of bloody red footage did me in.

I do however miss the Wonders Of Life Pavillion, but that's a whole 'nother thread...

What are you glad is now Past?

goreesha

I have never missed Magic Journeys. The last time I saw it was round about 1989-90, and it looked so seventies-licious I couldn't stand it.

Hmm, that's tough, I'd hafta say the original Living Seas, not sure that the current one's a huge upgrade and the sea cabs were pretty cool but it just wasn't spectacular overall.

kch4095

Alien Encounter was the worst! That was my first trip to Disney and people would come up to us while we were waiting in line and tell us not to do it. I thought it couldn't be that bad because it didn't move. I was way wrong! I left fingernail claw marks in my brother in law's hand. My sister in law made the mistake of going down in her seat because she was so scared. The overhead bar followed her and locked her down, hanging out of the seat. My 10 year old niece was crying frantically and her father had to carry her out after it was over. So glad that it is gone--definitely not fit for the happiest place on Earth!

jonnyc

Alien Encounter was the worst! That was my first trip to Disney and people would come up to us while we were waiting in line and tell us not to do it. I thought it couldn't be that bad because it didn't move. I was way wrong! I left fingernail claw marks in my brother in law's hand. My sister in law made the mistake of going down in her seat because she was so scared. The overhead bar followed her and locked her down, hanging out of the seat. My 10 year old niece was crying frantically and her father had to carry her out after it was over. So glad that it is gone--definitely not fit for the happiest place on Earth!

Maybe you shouldn't have took your niece on in the first place? There were warning signs.

I really can't think of a defunct attraction that I don't miss, which probably in itself suggests i wasn't too fussed about the attractions that have gone when they were actually there. I don't miss Horizons, but that is because I never went on it :p.

RonAnnArbor

20K Leagues Under the Sea -- in the "golden age" of the magic Kingdom, the wait was always 2 - 3 hours in the sun and heat...and then you got on and basically looked at nothing but painted plastic rocks and though "what the heck?"...

MKCP 1985

At Epcot: Body Wars, or since lots of people are saying that one, I'll go with Kitchen Kabaret

At Magic Kingdom: Circle Vision 360 - whatever that was before it became TimeKeeper.

At Disney Hollywood Studios: Sounds Dangerous

At Animal Kingdom: The boats to nowhere

Chrononymous

Original Poster
Keep 'em coming!

I am always curious!

I would have to agree on 20,000 Leagues. Great concept, great anticipation...and then...plastic fish on strings.

And the original Living Seas is a huge blur in my memory. Apparently, nothing about it interested me, so I remember very little about what it entailed.

Now Kitchen Kaberet? That was one of my very favorites! I just watched it for the first time in a decade and actually cried. But then I know I am pathetic!

Food Rocks, on the other hand, was a study in pointlessness.

MKCP 1985

I would have to agree on 20,000 Leagues. Great concept, great anticipation...and then...plastic fish on strings.

Now Kitchen Kaberet? That was one of my very favorites! I just watched it for the first time in a decade and actually cried. But then I know I am pathetic!

Food Rocks, on the other hand, was a study in pointlessness.

I miss 20K more from the standpoint of seeing it while walking around Fantasyland than for the ride itself. Sharing an ice cream with my girl and watching the Nautilus submarine races was one of my favorite things to do. :) Watching Pooh's playground is NOT the same! :lol:

Sorry about your loss of the rockin' fruit show. I could have lived with the loss of any of the Land attractions prior to Soarin' but I did like hitting the Land for its air conditioning and easy meals after a half day of Future World attractions in other pavilions. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom