Favorite Memory of Disney everyone says couldn't've happened, but you swear it did!

Vernonpush

Mine is from Disneyland. When we went to DL in the very early '60s, I wanted to ride the Flying Saucers- they were kind of like hovercraft things. I wasn't tall enough to ride so I just watched and thought "next time I will be big enough". We went again in the very late '60s - "this time I am big enough" I said to myself. There were no Flying Saucers! When I told my family about them they just said "you were imagining them!"

http://www.yesterland.com/saucers.html

MKCP 1985

I remember in the early days of the Magic Kingdom (early to mid-70s) there was a wall at the edge of Fantasyland and Liberty Square where the Liberty Tree restaurant goes over the walkway today.

You had to go back to Cinderella's castle to get around that barrier. I remember hitting that wall over and over trying to get around the park. :brick:

imagineer boy

I don't have very many false memories (I have a crystal sharp memory) but I think I had a bit of confusion about The Haunted Mansion. I think I thought that the singing busts were in the ball room and in the stretch room instead of the hanging corpse there was a woman wrapped up in spider webs and then falls to the floor with a scream. Basically it was the same stuff, just different through the eyes of a six year old. :shrug:

Tink313

Mine is from Disneyland. When we went to DL in the very early '60s, I wanted to ride the Flying Saucers- they were kind of like hovercraft things. I wasn't tall enough to ride so I just watched and thought "next time I will be big enough". We went again in the very late '60s - "this time I am big enough" I said to myself. There were no Flying Saucers! When I told my family about them they just said "you were imagining them!"

http://www.yesterland.com/saucers.html

:lol: Wow how does it feel to be vindicated. Did you ever tell your family you were right

X-Ser

When I went back to the World in '07 after a 5 year absence, I could have sworn that The Great Movie Ride was a boat ride. The recessed path must have tricked my memory.

worldfanatic

In California, back in the nineties, I swear to God the monorail dropped me off at Newport beach one summer day.............................. Of course, I was still in college and my buddies had put those weird mushrooms in my sandwich.

MickeyDent

There was a restaurant in Pirates.

The boats at Norway used to go over the waterfall.

I REMEMBER!

I actually remember this ride going over a waterfall, backwards, and it going ouside so people in the pavilion could actually see the ride. Wife remembers this too!!!!

diddy_mouse

When I was in first grade (living in Orlando) I could have sworn that the cars in SSE went up the inside of the sphere, then straightened out, before going back down for the decent. :lol: I remember telling my friends at school who hadn't ridden it yet. Silly me and my imagination...

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
When I was younger, my parents took me to EPCOT Center during the week and the park was absolutely dead. Minnie came out in Japan dressed in a kimono and I had her all to myself for quite a while. She held my hand while walking me around all of Japan and actually talked to me the whole time with my parents following behind.

Now most of you will say this is impossible or highly unlikely, but not only do I remember it, but my parents both witnessed/heard it! We've got pictures of it still and my parents refer to it as one of their all time favorite memories.

goodtimes5286

I SWEAR I remember this area of DAK that had a dragon roller coaster and the FLOOR dropped off AS you were escaping from a mountain being CHASED by the dragon. And a unicorn coaster, with other mythical creatures all around this land (even some from hurcules! AND the excavator, the most AMAZING roller coaster in all of orlando, it even put the hulk to shame. And I coulda sworn the dinosaur I took back from the past in 'Dinosaur' was on it too! Dinosaur also had a bridge i SWEAR!

But even I know now that's impossible b/c theres a kids play area where i thought the excavator was and camp minnie mickie could never have replaced an area with imagenary creatures......all in my head :cry:.

I also had a dream one time, that eisner rushed open a theme park WAY before it was fully built. but we all know thats just a dream, in the real world a business decision like that doesnt even make sense! you would have to spend YEARS fixing the image of your park if you ever did that, even spending hundreds of MILLIONS of dollars adding in attractions last minute to TRY to get some of the guests back into your park who were VERY disapointed. Thank god for dreams right!

iKat

I remember the monorail being stopped on the tracks b/w Grand Floridian and MK and malfunctioning and the doors opening on one side, with parents holding people away from the doors. I know that makes no logical sense, and the monorail was probably stopped, and I was probably daydreaming and remembered it that way. (Late 80's or early 90's) Is that possible to ever happen?

And I swear DreamFlight wasn't in the Buzz Lightyear building, more near Cosmic Rays lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom