Weather Bug Camera - Back online!

sittle

Original Poster
Hey:

For all of those internet camera junkies, that love that little glimpse into the magic, the weatherbug camera is back up and showing a sunny day at Epcot... (Right now I would give my left one to be there.. Ice storm in Ontario.. yippee)..

http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=LKBNV&size=L

Now, can we please get the park camera's back online?? PLEASE!!!

And before I a bunch of naysayers come on to tell me why we can't have webcams listens: For every excuse there is as to why Disney got rid of them, there are just as many ways around those issues (ie: Disney got rid of them to prevent competition from gauging park attendance. solution: Slight upshot of the park icon so guests are not visible in the shot. Voila, win win!!)

I think the webcams are great ways to give addicts a glimpse of that sweet sweet magic, and entice us to come back as soon as we can.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Hey:

For all of those internet camera junkies, that love that little glimpse into the magic, the weatherbug camera is back up and showing a sunny day at Epcot... (Right now I would give my left one to be there.. Ice storm in Ontario.. yippee)..

http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=LKBNV&size=L

Now, can we please get the park camera's back online?? PLEASE!!!

And before I a bunch of naysayers come on to tell me why we can't have webcams listens: For every excuse there is as to why Disney got rid of them, there are just as many ways around those issues (ie: Disney got rid of them to prevent competition from gauging park attendance. solution: Slight upshot of the park icon so guests are not visible in the shot. Voila, win win!!)

I think the webcams are great ways to give addicts a glimpse of that sweet sweet magic, and entice us to come back as soon as we can.
Where in Ontario? It's a nice sunny day here. :D

dandaman

Whereabouts in Ontario? (Edit: Darn it, Monty. :lol: And it won't be sunny in Ottawa for long! ) I'm getting smacked with the same system.

The WeatherBug cams seem like they're only working every other month. I say it's because the competition can gauge how many people are staying in rooms near the visible hotel balconies. :lookaroun

sittle

Original Poster
Hello fellow ontarioites!! My location is the Hammer... aka Hamilton... (but not for long....)... Laugh it up there Monty Mon!! See how hard you laugh when your peeling an inch of ice off your windshield or trying to salt down your sidewalk!!

This webcam puts a real smile on my face, and I'll tell you why. The last trip we made to the world was Feb/March 07, and we stayed at Saratoga which was great nice view of DTD and Westside... and then we stayed at the Boardwalk for 4 days, with a delightful Epcot view (room 4001 right next to Jellyrolls) and this was almost our exact room view... this cam really takes me there! And it really makes me want to save up those pennies (mostly for my pressed penny collection) and get out butts back there!! I swear that was such a beautiful view, we sat out on the balcony and could hear illuminations and watch some of the lights.... *sniff*....

sittle

Original Poster
The park cameras will never come back, just so you don't keep hoping.

Oh, Mr. Rasulo, I didn't realize that was you!! It's so nice to hear you telling all the webcam fans out there, that the 4 themepark camera's will never ever come back in a million years. It's good to get a definate word out of you.

Thanks for stopping by to humble us with your infinate wisdom....

By the way, what are your plans for the Tomorrowland Speedway, were you going to go the Pixar Cars route or perhaps a bit more of a futuristic spin, perhaps a futuristic electric car slant, or maybe just wipe the area clean for a brand new e-ticket attraction???

Kamikaze

Oh, Mr. Rasulo, I didn't realize that was you!! It's so nice to hear you telling all the webcam fans out there, that the 4 themepark camera's will never ever come back in a million years. It's good to get a definate word out of you.

Thanks for stopping by to humble us with your infinate wisdom....

By the way, what are your plans for the Tomorrowland Speedway, were you going to go the Pixar Cars route or perhaps a bit more of a futuristic spin, perhaps a futuristic electric car slant, or maybe just wipe the area clean for a brand new e-ticket attraction???

You are the funniest person I have ever met. Please, send me your autograph?

The park cameras were removed because they allowed people (competitors, guests, but more importantly Wall Street) to judge the attendance and crowds at the park.

Now, there is no way to avoid this if you were to restore the cameras. The only thing that you could possibly hope for is something like an interactive camera inside an attraction, possibly on something like TSM where you can see things going on through the camera but not the amount of people riding it.

But cameras in the parks the way they were previously, no, that will never happen.

Is that explanation clear enough for you? Or do I need to get out some coloring books and non-toxic crayons?

Mikester71

Whereabouts in Ontario? (Edit: Darn it, Monty. :lol: And it won't be sunny in Ottawa for long! ) I'm getting smacked with the same system.

The WeatherBug cams seem like they're only working every other month. I say it's because the competition can gauge how many people are staying in rooms near the visible hotel balconies. :lookaroun

Getting hammered with freezing rain here in Southwestern Ontario too (Sarnia, to be exact).

Foolish Mortal

The park cameras were removed because they allowed people (competitors, guests, but more importantly Wall Street) to judge the attendance and crowds at the park.

God forbid we have anything in the world for fun as opposed to how it effects the all mighty dollar. Getting pathetic that nothing in this world gets done anymore because of what Wall Street thinks.

sittle

Original Poster

Now, there is no way to avoid this if you were to restore the cameras. The only thing that you could possibly hope for is something like an interactive camera inside an attraction, possibly on something like TSM where you can see things going on through the camera but not the amount of people riding it.

But cameras in the parks the way they were previously, no, that will never happen.

Is that explanation clear enough for you? Or do I need to get out some coloring books and non-toxic crayons?

I think your going to want to enjoy those crayons (with rounded tips) and some colouring books. Maybe get a colouring book that allows you to work on your reading skills....

Please carefully and slowly read the following quote from my original post, paying special attention to the highlighted and underlined portions:

"And before I a bunch of naysayers come on to tell me why we can't have webcams listens: For every excuse there is as to why Disney got rid of them, there are just as many ways around those issues (ie: Disney got rid of them to prevent competition from gauging park attendance. solution: Slight upshot of the park icon so guests are not visible in the shot. Voila, win win!!"

Thanks for coming out, your input on this thread was valuable... thanks! Let me know if any of this does not make any sense...

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I am glad they are back. When I am really hurting for a dose of Disney I would always hop on WeatherBug and stare at SSE.

sittle

Original Poster
Thanks for the link - but the Swan / Dolphin cameras are the only ones in Florida not working at present :cry:

NOOOOOOO!!!!

They aren't working now... well... if you look at the Time Lapse camera, you can see it was working yesterday...

This thing goes offline more than... (insert something that goes offline a lot here)!

I'm not so much arguing about a camera angle, I'm more trying to support the idea that there isn't a viable excuse to not have the webcams back in the park. I am pro Disneyworld Webcam, I can't find an excuse that could validate against having them....

In fact I am trying to conceive a way to make a mobile webcam that could be solar powered and small enough to broadcast a single ala WIFI to the interweb thingee, while being able to be hidden as part of the park... it's contreversial!

Bobster

I don't feel the competition "argument" really makes much sense. If the competition wants to know what attendance looks like (if Main Street is your attendance indicator) ... they could easily send one or more people over to "monitor" the attendance. They could even have some person stand on the train station platform overlooking Main Street and take a picture every few minutes to officially "record" the crowds.

In fact, I don't really feel any of the reasons I've come across are that big a deal. Anyway, once lifecasting becomes a lot more affordable and popular (I assume it will), I'm sure we'll be able to "follow" some of our Disney friends around the parks "live".

If the camera comes back up, we might see the return of......................

THE GIANT HAWK!!!

AAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

bird1.jpg

sittle

Original Poster
I think it's more of a security issue. :shrug:

I couldn't see what the security issue would be... If it's an issue of people plotting to break in, you can find better blueprints online, and hear about all sorts of chinks in the armour... For crying out loud you can get satellite mapping of the entire area that is more defined than what the webcam gives. A terrorist plot security issue, please, anything that happens at Disney World is going to be photographed and released so quickly by avid fans like us quicker than CNN can say "Wolf Blitzer"... So they couldn't possibly keep a major accident/attack quiet for long.

I can't find a valid reason for them not to put it back up...

Who first grabbed that eagle shot on the weatherbug cam?? Is that a hoax!? It's like a one in a million shot... quite magical!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom