Disney looking at using Nintendo DS systems as an interactive guide map?

scpergj

Just got back...

We just walked in the door a few minutes ago after a long weekend trip, and we actually tested one of these today!

Now, we had to sign an NDA, so I won't go into the previous details (although they appear to be correct, as well as the things that need to be fixed - nice pictures, BTW) and can't (won't) post any pictures, but I will post a picture of the pin we received after we turned it back in (additionally, each person in our party received a free 5 X 7 photopass picture for the testing)

I do have to take back my previous negative comments (I earlier said I didn't like the idea of carrying another thing through the parks). The application seems to be pretty good (We LOVED some of the things it did...), and the DS isn't as hard to carry as I thought it would be.

For those of you that would like to buy this, I'm pretty sure it'll be just for rent. Can't tell you why, but I'm pretty sure on that.

Kevin

Fido

For those of you that would like to buy this, I'm pretty sure it'll be just for rent. Can't tell you why, but I'm pretty sure on that.

Kevin

I think the reason most of us are hoping for that option is because we want to use the ones we own instead of having to rent another.

bassman

sound like a cool idea

how does it work,does it automatically pic up your DS or do u have to download something or do you have to buy a programme that goes in like the games?

missionspace

I hope the Easter bunny brings me a DS!

You have no idea how bad I want on of these things to use at WDW!
I hope they work in all four parks!
I want one!

Where can we write to praise this thing?
THANKS!

scpergj

I think the reason most of us are hoping for that option is because we want to use the ones we own instead of having to rent another.

I had the same thoughts initially, but (and I think I can say this) there is both a software and a hardware component to this. I'm pretty sure Disney is going to want to keep this in house...unless they allow you to plug your DS into their hardware.

Kevin

scpergj

Pin

Ok...as promised, here is a picture of the pin we were given for the test.

DSC_0523.jpg

Kevin

Tim G

First there was Pal Mickey I and II :D

But he couldn't get any guest information, with this thing they can insert surveys as well... (even more than you bargain for)

Hopefully you don't think they only made this for guest enjoyment... no sir... When this thing is finished, it's a full blown marketing machine...

And they even make pay for using it... so double profit.

So even this vicious project was started by a Mouse... :D

J_Krafty24

I hope they come up with a way to let guests use their own. If we had to rent a system I doubt I'd even think about using it. It would seem like a waste of money that I could spend on trying new foods in the world showcase or on souviners that I could take home. If I could buy a cartridge that I could use at the park and then could play with at home (without the wireless data of course) I would buy it as soon as I stepped foot in the park.

*Disney people please be listening*

SewIn2Disney

That website that Cmdr provided stole my pictures and scpergj's scan of the brochure.
Does anyone see a place where I can email the webmaster of that site? If not Im afraid I'll have to remove my pictures from here.

SewIn2Disney

Thank you---I searched everywhere and couldn't find it, so I left a comment under the blog. I will email them now too.

And the digg.com thing would make me feel better if it was giving credits to wdwmagic.com, not this DS Fanboy site.

oh well, i guess i knew this would come when i put these pics up.
I wish I knew how to watermark them, but I don't have any photo editing software. Can anyone recommend a free easy download that I can do this one? I'll remove the pics, add a watermark and put them back. (Or does someone want to do it for me? :) )

SonicRuin

Thank you---I searched everywhere and couldn't find it, so I left a comment under the blog. I will email them now too.

And the digg.com thing would make me feel better if it was giving credits to wdwmagic.com, not this DS Fanboy site.

oh well, i guess i knew this would come when i put these pics up.
I wish I knew how to watermark them, but I don't have any photo editing software. Can anyone recommend a free easy download that I can do this one? I'll remove the pics, add a watermark and put them back. (Or does someone want to do it for me? :) )

Well, ya got a snide remark from one of their posters. Nice folks over there it seems like. :lookaroun

They were also nice enough to copy your pictures and place them on their own server, so pulling yours from here and watermarking them will only stop others from taking from here.

Hopefully the person running the site will give the credit as they should. They might not be breaking laws, but they could just try to be nice and give credit where credit is due.

dbogue

yesterday I was at MK and in tomorrowland there was a video crew recording a family using one of the devices. I talked to an Imagineer about it and he told me it was just for internal use (training etc.) and of course he could nto tell me when they will really be implemented. I have two pictures I can post after I get back from Disney University (here now waiting for some ppl to finish up training)

SewIn2Disney

yeah, I emailed them and they rudley stated back that they did give me credit (where?) and they're not using up this website's bandwith, so they don't care. Then they went on to say that my pictures brought joy to other people, and how could I deny them the pictures after that?

What a load of bull.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom