Scuba Mickey

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Original Poster
Did you know that Mickey Mouse can scuba dive? He dives in the living seas for special events.

It is actually a NAUI specialty called "Character Diving" that teaches this skill to character performers. There are only a handful of instructors that teach this, and they are all in the Orlando area... and the only place to teach this is WDW :D The performers must be current Mickey Mouse performers and scuba certified before applying for this.

the-reason14

Ive never seen this in person and would love too, is there like some schedule or something to go by. I also wonder how his tank and stuff is rigged up.

All of Mickey's gear is standard dive gear.

Also, there is no set schedule for him to dive. He is either diving once a month to keep his certification or he will dive for a (very expensive) special event in the VIP room for the seas. He was in the water just last night.

WishinUponAStar

I just saw scuba Mickey for the first time while eating in Coral Reef this past Thursday (Aug. 23rd). He came down and starting waving and blowing kisses to all of the guests. The whole restaurant was pretty much Ooooing, awwwing, and jumping up to take a picture. THEN, low and behold Mickey stopped in front of window #3 and a "Will You Marry Me" sign came down into the water. The couple right in front of the window got up and there was obviously a proposal. The whole place cheered. It was REALLY cute. Our server told us at the end of our meal, after inquiring about the event, that the groom had prepared a proposal but received "Scuba Mickey" as a dream and they got to stay in the castle the next night, which would have been Friday, Aug. 24th! It was awesome to see.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
I just saw scuba Mickey for the first time while eating in Coral Reef this past Thursday (Aug. 23rd). He came down and starting waving and blowing kisses to all of the guests. The whole restaurant was pretty much Ooooing, awwwing, and jumping up to take a picture. THEN, low and behold Mickey stopped in front of window #3 and a "Will You Marry Me" sign came down into the water. The couple right in front of the window got up and there was obviously a proposal. The whole place cheered. It was REALLY cute. Our server told us at the end of our meal, after inquiring about the event, that the groom had prepared a proposal but received "Scuba Mickey" as a dream and they got to stay in the castle the next night, which would have been Friday, Aug. 24th! It was awesome to see.

Oh how ROMANTIC! :cry:

Note to all single, Disney loving guys... DO THIS PROPOSAL! :lol:

Nicole220

I agree, how romantic!!!

That is great that they got to stay in the castle the next night! How perfect!!

What I would give to have a proposal go that way...

Lozatar

I would love to know when he dives. I have seen it on the videos/DVD's that WDW do, and wondered if it was just for show on the tape. That is on my to-do list for May.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Did you know that Mickey Mouse can scuba dive? He dives in the living seas for special events.

It is actually a NAUI specialty called "Character Diving" that teaches this skill to character performers. There are only a handful of instructors that teach this, and they are all in the Orlando area... and the only place to teach this is WDW :D The performers must be current Mickey Mouse performers and scuba certified before applying for this.

Probably not too marketable in the general employment population however...:D

philsfan2185

In August, I was in the upper level of the Seas one night and saw Scuba Mickey for the 1st time. It was really unexpected, but great!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom