Worst WDW Vacation EVER!!!!!

I just returned from a 10 day stay at the WDW Carribean Beach Resort. This was my 20th time staying inside of the park....In general, I always come home impressed and in awe that after 18 years of visiting the parks they still provide a level of enjoyment unmatched by anywhere else in the world....Not this time however...I need to vent on this thread. This last stay may have been the worst 10 days i've ever spent away from home. I'm not sure what to do, or who to complain to.....Heres a list of everything that went wrong.

1) The folks working for the Magical Express service lost my luggage upon my arrival. It took a 11 hours for them to find it.

2) On the way to the hotel, the bus driver turned off the disney video's and music and instead put on his favorite radio station on and blasted the sound system to the point where the speakers began to distort.

3) Not a single cast member (no exageration) working in the food court said "your welcome", "please", "thank you", after any transaction. One of them actually told me "hurry up" because he thought I was taking to long while I was putting the wrinkled reciept and change he gave me into my wallet.

4) Sombody spilt a massive amount of ketchup on the stairs leading to my room...after several calls to the front desk to complain, noboby came out to clean it up...after a few days it began to morph into a graveyard for dead love bugs and took on a horrible stench. Its probaly still there. In general the Resort was very dirty...empty been cans on the beachs, cigarette buts everywhere, over flowing garbage from almost every can in the the food court, ect...

5) I broke my foot at Blizzard Beach (my own fault completely....I thought I just sprained it at first). When I got back to my room I called Center Care and requested a bus come and pick me up so I could get checked by a doctor. The woman on the phone told me the bus would arrive in 20 minutes and to walk to the front desk. I called the front desk to see if anyone could send a wheel chair over for me...the Cast member told me "No i'm sorry" and my jaw almost hit the floor. I limped all the way over to the customs house and waited for an hour and a half. The bus never showed up. When I got back to my room I called Center Care and the woman I spoke with told me I wasen't even on a list to be picked up, she had no idea who I was, and was unaware I called earlier...In a fit of anger I hung up on her, took some motrin and went to sleep (still unaware of the severity of my injury). The next day I deciced man it up and tag along with my friends to Animal Kingdom...Within a few minutes of walking around the park my foot swelled up and I called it quits. I went to the first Aid station and told them the what happened with the bus the previous day. They were appalled...They were nice enough to get a bus for me within 15 minutes.

6) My party and I ate at Alfredos where, to my amazement, our waiter screwed our order up to the point that only one person recieved the correct dish. The next night we ate at Mama Melrose's in MGM. Just as we arrived the urinals in the mens room flooded and filled half the lobby with with septic water. No disinfectant was sprayed...after it was cleaned 20 minutes later...To top it off, our server here also screwed our order up and my salmon was RAW in the middle.

7) Almost every cast member I ran into at the Magic Kingdom had a puss on thier face as if they absolutly hated thier job. I totally understand its hard to work with a smile and maintain your composure in the heat, and around screaming kids, but come on....If your really not that happy with your job...quit.

8) The parks were filled with people on scooters...I have no problem with people riding in them, but I do have a problem with people honking at to get out of the way while i'm limping on one foot. My girlfriend was acutally hit by a man on a scooter.....the second it happened he jumped off and ran to first aid....I know this was an accident....but if he was able to jump out of the vehicle and run to first aid...why was he in a scooter in the first place???....I think people are taking advantage this service. Its a shame too...I feel for the people who actually need them.

9) Finally....My luggage believe it or not, was lost again on the way home....I'm not sure if it was the airline's fault or the people at who checked my bags at the hotel, but it showed up almost an two hours after I landed, with luggage on a flight from Boston....I have no idea.......a horrible ending to a horrible trip.

I'm sorry if i'm ranting and raving...but I feel soooo cheated. I'm not sure what to do. I love Disney, and I've always had an amazing time there...so in a way I wouldn't feel justified to complain and cause a stink because this is the first time I've had a horrible experience.....On the other hand I feel like I was treated in a way that unfit for such an amazing company. What should I do?

Again...sorry to post this long message...I just needed to vent.

happymom52003

Wow! Did you break a mirror or did a black cat cross your path on your way to the airport? Just joking:wave:. I can see validity in all of your complaints. Sounds like ALOT of bad luck to me. We have been to WDW 3 times in the past year and each trip has been nearly perfect. All I can say is don't let it discourage you from going back again!

goalman43

Wow dude, you had a wammy of a trip. I can't relate a whole lot in that I have never really had any problem in WDW, much less the myriad of events you experienced.

It sounds to me like you had to deal with the first summer crowds effect on the CM's. Not that heat and work is an excuse for rudeness, but I understand a little bit.

You should totally get in touch with WDW's customer service. I have no doubt in my mind that they will go to no ends to make up for your less than magical stay. Dont be rude or angry, just state the facts like you did, and I'm sure you will get a satisfactory resolution.

Good luck, and dont let it ruin your view of "the World"

doop

The thing that bothers me most is that they wouldn't even send you a wheelchair, that's pretty ridiculous, I'm sorry you had such a poor experience.

nibblesandbits

The thing that bothers me most is that they wouldn't even send you a wheelchair, that's pretty ridiculous, I'm sorry you had such a poor experience.

Wow...I have to agree...that right there is completely ridiculous. I would have asked to speak to a manager right then and there. I would have been furious. There is no reason why you should not have recieved medical attention on that.

mccallum93

i also just returned from the world i have the same impression that you have. my room at the beach club had no hot water for six days. one cm called me a lair had to prove him wrong. ate at ohana's was the worst meal i ever had. i also found the parks dirty and any where near a rest room the smell septic. iwrote this on another thread and they told me to go to universal

EchoOfOphelia

I had a trip like that two years, NOTHING went right... it was horrible. I feel for you! Then this last trip we took was again excellent, I don't get it. Strangely, our horrible trip was a 10-day-er too! I had never gone longer than 7 and don't think I ever will again.

If I were you, I would write a very long letter describing your stay and your experiences. Even if they can't (or don't) do anything about it to satisfy you, you've got to figure that they have a department, or hopefully at least a person, who reads these letters and compiles complaints. That's probably wishful thinking on my part :)

I hope your foot is okay! There is no excuse for not being picked up for medical assistance!

And I wonder how a "large amount of ketchup" spilled on the stairs... maybe someone stole one of those large jugs of it from the kitchen :lookaroun

imagineer boy

Wow, you sounded like you had a horrible time. Sorry you had a bad trip. But like someone else said, complain to guest relations. Some of those things are really unacceptable. Especially the whole wheel chair deal and the bus driver ( seriously, what was that CM thinking? You can't not play the video. The video is really helpful to first time guests ).

Laura

Premium Member
I had a trip a year and a half ago that was one bad thing after another like yours. Problems with the resort, problems with the luggage, my son got extremely sick, one thing after the other. Guess everyone has to have one bad trip!

nibblesandbits

i also just returned from the world i have the same impression that you have. my room at the beach club had no hot water for six days. one cm called me a lair had to prove him wrong. ate at ohana's was the worst meal i ever had. i also found the parks dirty and any where near a rest room the smell septic. iwrote this on another thread and they told me to go to universal

Some people can be so immature here...just ignore them. That's their answer to everyone who has some sort of problem with Disney.

OneLuckyMom

With 1,2, 10 thoses are not really Disney fault, because the bus system is out sourced.

But Disney selected the company they used to out source, and I'm sure detailed EXACTLY what was expected they provide in the way of service. If Mears is not providing that service, Disney needs to know about it.

Customers should not have to know or care if Disney is providing a service or has outsourced it - if Disney includes the service as part of their package and it carries the Disney name, they are responsible for the quality.

Jesùs_Carioca

Taking your love for your past trips' successes into account still, do not feel in any way wrong to write a formal letter about your problems there. I mean, I adore Walt Disney World also, but when there are such problems coming out of one trip, your worst one at that, then there is nothing wrong to notifying them about it, if you like.

Annnnd....we can look at it statistically, if you like? Heh, compare the amount of trips that went well to this one...maybe it was just a fluke? I cannot imagine, nor hope, for anything worse to happen to you next time around.

wedway71

Sorry about the trip.WDW still is the best run operation in the biz.

When there is a breakdown in service like this we need to let the WDW Execs know 100%.

They do care and they do let the appropriate people know.

I sent Al Weiss 2 letters at 2 seperate times while ago.Both times I got his assistant calling me back.

One time a really nice guy called me back 6 times until he actually got me on the phone to tell me what they were doing to fix the problems.Keep in mind I never gave them my phone number.HE ACTUALLY CALLED INFORMATION TO FIND IT!!!

haveyoumetmark

Wow. Sorry you had such a terrible time. News like that is always really discouraging. Disney really needs to get their act together. Most of the recent trip reports from a lot of people have been severely negative. I haven't had any really bad experiences and I never hope to, but things like this should definitely brought to the attention of the higher-ups at WDW.

I3olTz

damn that must have sucked....:cry:, i juss got back from a 4 day trip and it was great(gotta love getting a backstage tour of the indy show)BUT it did rain on friday and damn those love bugs to hell !!!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom