News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Casper Gutman

The plans are genuinely exciting and I feel churlish for finding fault but… man, I don’t understand a water ride for Encanto. After going trackless crazy for a decade, NOW Disney backs off the system when it has an IP custom made for a new Mystic Manor? An IP with no significant water element? Also, the Coco carousel seems really out of place - South America and Mexico are pretty darn different in every conceivable way and Coco is, as we all know, slated for another park. Why not do something with Up or just extend the Encanto theme?

It kinda feels like management is ready to invest but Imagineering is still kinda broken. The project has some of that “outsmarting themselves” feeling that we see at Tiana’s.

999th Happy Haunt

Also, the Coco carousel seems really out of place - South America and Mexico are pretty darn different in every conceivable way and Coco is, as we all know, slated for another park. Why not do something with Up or just extend the Encanto theme?
I think it works fine under the “Tropical Americas” banner. AFAIK Africa and Asia are modeled after/inspired by many different regions of their respective continents too.

ToTBellHop

The Antonio playset at Walmart literally has a waterfall drop into a river.
1713801484304.jpeg

They shared their plans with us years ago but no one was looking. Or maybe you just avoid Walmart.

discos

The plans are genuinely exciting and I feel churlish for finding fault but… man, I don’t understand a water ride for Encanto. After going trackless crazy for a decade, NOW Disney backs off the system when it has an IP custom made for a new Mystic Manor? An IP with no significant water element? Also, the Coco carousel seems really out of place - South America and Mexico are pretty darn different in every conceivable way and Coco is, as we all know, slated for another park. Why not do something with Up or just extend the Encanto theme?

It kinda feels like management is ready to invest but Imagineering is still kinda broken. The project has some of that “outsmarting themselves” feeling that we see at Tiana’s.
A water ride for Encanto makes so much sense. Colombia is home to the Caño Cristales (river of 5 colors) and that would be the perfect setting for a boat ride! You could easily work the animals of the region into this ride.
1713801482875.png

ToTBellHop

I really hope a majority of the ride doesn’t take place in Antonio’s room. The water ride info gave me that worry, but… they wouldn’t be that silly, right?
I am struggling to picture a water ride in the world of Encanto at DAK that doesn’t quickly leave La Casa Madrigal to enter the one rainforest setting with waterfalls and animals.

Casper Gutman

A water ride for Encanto makes so much sense. Colombia is home to the Caño Cristales (river of 5 colors) and that would be the perfect setting for a boat ride! You could easily work the animals of the region into this ride.View attachment 780923
Yes, Columbia has rivers and Louisiana has a salt dome. But what’s interesting about the Encanto IP is the house and the way it reflects the family.

James Alucobond

Coco and Encanto take place on different continents.
It was always meant to be multicontinental. They would’ve just called the area South America otherwise. The IJ attraction seems to be based in the Yucatec Maya regions of Mexico, so even without Coco, there was going to be a Mexican element. That said, Coco itself takes place too far north for me to consider it all that tropical, so hopefully it’s just for art inspiration as the alebrije style casts a wider net than anything narratively to do with Coco.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom