working out for Disney

Sans Souci

Hello-

Checking in with an upper body workout. I also went out for a walk in between the rain squalls.

My husband is off this week and we had plans to get the yard prepped for warmer weather. It was not weather for yard work today, so I did a massive purge of closets and drawers. I found a bunch of dresses from White House Black Market with price tags on them. I bought them before I lost 50 lbs. I looked at local consignment shops, but it looks like they want pieces from high end fashion houses. I saw a Chanel purse that was 4K. 😂 I think these dresses are too mature for Plato's Closet, so I guess I am left with Mercari and Poshmark. I don't know much about them. Poshmark takes 20% commission and they encourage haggling. I might just donate them. :)

HouCuseChickie

My husband is off this week and we had plans to get the yard prepped for warmer weather. It was not weather for yard work today, so I did a massive purge of closets and drawers. I found a bunch of dresses from White House Black Market with price tags on them. I bought them before I lost 50 lbs. I looked at local consignment shops, but it looks like they want pieces from high end fashion houses. I saw a Chanel purse that was 4K. 😂 I think these dresses are too mature for Plato's Closet, so I guess I am left with Mercari and Poshmark. I don't know much about them. Poshmark takes 20% commission and they encourage haggling. I might just donate them. :)

This seems to be the way with a lot of resale these days. K tried to sell some of her clothes...decent brands for her age set, but Plato's Closet turned her away. Some were even on their popular brands list, but the guy laughed at her and told her to just dump it off at a thrift store. I think she managed to sell a few things on Instagram, but it was to local teens, so no shipping or anything like that. I don't know anyone that sells on Poshmark or Mercari, but I know people that have been burned as buyers. Selling is just such a headache. My mom used to sell a lot on ebay, but there are a lot of buyers that try to scam the system. That was my fears with selling Sam's old equipment. I sold one of her bats, but I didn't get paid until the buyer received the bat and OK'd everything. On top of that, the site took a 15% cut.

Sans Souci

This seems to be the way with a lot of resale these days. K tried to sell some of her clothes...decent brands for her age set, but Plato's Closet turned her away. Some were even on their popular brands list, but the guy laughed at her and told her to just dump it off at a thrift store. I think she managed to sell a few things on Instagram, but it was to local teens, so no shipping or anything like that. I don't know anyone that sells on Poshmark or Mercari, but I know people that have been burned as buyers. Selling is just such a headache. My mom used to sell a lot on ebay, but there are a lot of buyers that try to scam the system. That was my fears with selling Sam's old equipment. I sold one of her bats, but I didn't get paid until the buyer received the bat and OK'd everything. On top of that, the site took a 15% cut.
I have never sold anything at Plato's Closet, but I am surprised they turned K's clothes down. When I looked at their website one of the popular brands they like to purchase is Shein.

This consignment shop I was looking at had very high end stuff, but it was like for conspicuous consumers. It was stuff with large logos--so everyone knows you're wearing a Fendi dress. I don't know if you are familiar with the TV show "Absolutely Fabulous", but this was the kind of clothes Edina Monsoon would have worn. I almost thought these photos this shop had on Facebook were satirical. The model was wearing loud designer clothing and posing in front of this black car that had an overlay that was just different colored YSL symbols all over it.

Sans Souci

Hello-

Today I did a full body workout and I also used my rebounder.

It's been raining since yesterday and it looked like we got a reprieve this afternoon, so my husband and I went for a walk. About 10 min, it started raining. Within 10 min, the rain had soaked through my winter jacket. I was so cold, so we cut the walk short. When I got home, the front and back of my shirt were soaked. My pants were drenched, too. I swear, even though I changed out of those clothes, I am still feeling chilled. At least next week looks exponentially nicer. I think it's going to be an electric blanket night.

Sans Souci

Good morning ☔

Day three of non-stop rain. I did a leg workout. I'd like to get out for a walk, but I want to avoid a repeat of yesterday. My husband took this week off and we had plans for yard work and some outings, but neither one has happened. I really wanted to go to Longwood Gardens, but the weather is preventing that. I'd like to get out of the house today anyway.

I haven't seen Callie since Saturday night, I hope she is safe and is somewhere she can stay dry.

Songbird76

It was a year before I started with the symphony, but apparently the timpani player had a heart attack in the middle of the performance. Everything came to a halt. We also had a school performance several year where a part of the school was on fire. That cleared the theater. Still, those are the only times I can think of where I've ever thought it fully appropriate that a problem was being given greater attention than the performance.

I'm good with this during a rehearsal. After all, this is why we rehearse. This is where we find our issues.
During the concert for All-State my freshman year, the whole thing was halted when someone in the Audience had a heart attack and we had to wait for the ambulance. Then someone in the orchestra broke a string and they stopped to let the person change it so she could finish the concert. But both of those things were in between...like, the heart attack was between the Choir and the Band, I think, and then the Orchestra was between pieces. So it wasn't like....stopping mid-song.

Songbird76

I didn't. I was just changing my books for class and these two just flanked me. They would do this in between classes if they saw me. Then they would say such trashy things to me. I sometimes wonder why they chose me? I was tall for my age back then, so I don't know if that was it.

Was the school counselor messing around with you guys? That seems like an odd thing to tell kids.
Our counselor was a jerk, moron, etc...the word I chose got censored. He threatened to break my brother's nose and tried to keep me from getting scholarships, and I'm pretty sure he and the principal fixed the grades to keep me from getting salutatorian. Our administration was a joke. We were a town of about 1200 people, and the next town over (40 miles away) was the only other one in our district, but their population was more like 10-15 thousand. MUCH bigger. They tended to send any good teachers to the bigger town and give us the awful ones.

When I was going into 7th grade, my brother took me to the school to get our schedules and our lockers a couple of weeks before school started. He was going to show me where all of my classes were. But the schedules weren't completely ready yet...they had them, but they were subject to change. And my brother was looking at the 8th grade schedules, and the counselor told him those weren't done yet, so he'd better keep everything to himself because if he heard anyone say he told them this class was offered at this time, he'd break his nose. Then he tried to play it off as a joke when my mom went to the school and confronted him about it.

My senior year, he gave me the wrong dates to turn in a few scholarship applications so I'd miss the deadline. His secretary was a good friend of ours, and she called me, wondering where my Walmart application was, because the deadline was that day, and mine wasn't in there. We ended up running to walmart that afternoon to turn in my application...the counselor made everyone turn the forms into him and HE'D turn them in for us. Then when Walmart called to ask about me for their scholarship, he told them I didn't deserve it, because I hadn't gone through his special selection process. He wasn't turning in all the applications. He was only turning in the ones he wanted. (He did the same thing with an academic summer program for my brother a few years before, but in that case, he was out for a few weeks and the substitute sent in all the applications and my brother ended up getting in, and the counselor was livid because he hadn't intended to send in my brother's application.) He also told the D.A.R.E. officers that they couldn't award me their scholarship because I had enough. They gave it to me anyway. But he was actively trying to keep me from getting scholarships.

Then with the grades...sorry, this will be long. The University has always offered the top two kids in the senior class at each school a tuition and fees scholarship for 4 years as a recruitment technique. It works....a lot of kids end up going there just because of that scholarship. So I was number two for a long time. The top three of us were all in physics and advanced math, and the number 3 and I both had advanced languages as well. I was 3rd year German, he was 3rd year Spanish. Those grades were weighted. BUT, he had fewer classes. He took FTA (Future teachers of America) which was basically him being a helper for a teacher for one hour each day. You didn't actually get a grade for that...or it didn't count towards your GPA anyway. The scholarship was always awarded at the Semester break. Report card day came, and there was all this gossip about there being a computer glitch that messed up some of the grades and switched some GPAs around. I was panicking, because I couldn't afford to lose that scholarship. I went in to talk to the counselor's secretary. It turned out this "computer glitch" had only affected two students. Me, and #3...it switched our GPAs, but they got it fixed. I don't know who noticed it...probably one of the secretaries. My mom cleaned for the Principal's secretary, and the counselor's had been a family friend since before I was born. But they fixed it. And the family friend told me in confidence that my GPA was high enough that unless I really screwed up, Sean couldn't pass me. Fast forward to 3rd quarter. That's when the Valedictorian and Salutatorian are named. We get our report cards, and suddenly I'm ranked #3. But I had 3 A+s and 4 As...I hadn't screwed up, so how was I now number 3? My locker was next to Sean's...same last initial. No one ever locked their lockers because there wasn't enough time to do the combination and get to your next class on time. So I saw Sean put his report card in his locker, and I waited until he left, and looked at it. He had the exact same grades that I did, but one less A+ because his FTA grade didn't count. I looked at his GPA....we had 2 GPA scales, both listed on the report card. The standard 4.0 scale and also a 5.0 scale. My 4.0 GPA went up, but the 5.0 went down somehow, which how can it with straight As?? And Sean's had both gone up. My mom went in to question my GPA going down, and that's when the secretary discovered that my advanced classes had not been weighted, and Sean's had. Also, while my mom was in the office, she overheard a teacher (not my teacher) saying "I don't KNOW why. I was told to give her a C, so that's what I gave her." so we KNOW grades were being fixed, and we could see my GPA wasn't correct, but it never got corrected. Then last quarter, I was back at #2, but Sean had already been named Salutatorian. So we're pretty sure they rigged it so I wouldn't get that honor at least. It hadn't worked to keep me from getting the scholarship, but the year before, my brother had been Salutatorian of HIS class, and the counselor and principal had decided that since there were several kids in his class with a high GPA, they wanted to have co-salutatorians. Everyone with a GPA of like 3.85 or higher would be salutatorian. My mom fought it, because she said my brother had worked hard and had earned that honor. They had never done Co-salutatorians before....why now. Why specifically this class? So they ended up not doing it. So we think that them keeping me from Salutatorian was their way of revenge for that. And then Sean and Johan (pronounced John) went to them and asked if I could be a Co-salutatorian because I had worked hard, and they thought I had earned it. The principal and counselor refused. So instead, they both mentioned me in their speeches so people would know I was up there and I was being honored, even if the school wouldn't give me the honor I was supposed to have. I don't think that Sean and Johan knew that they had fixed the grades, as it was never "proven" and never corrected. But they knew I worked hard, and I HAD ended up passing Sean back in the last quarter, so SHOULD have been Salutatorian. There was also some controversy in town because a week before graduation, the valedictorian was arrested for selling pot....to the salutatorian. And there were people who felt Sean and Johan should be stripped of the titles and I should be Valedictorian, but there was no way the school was going to let that happen when they had worked so hard to keep me from getting an honor. But I thought it was sweet that they mentioned me in their speeches.

Last edited:

HouCuseChickie

I have never sold anything at Plato's Closet, but I am surprised they turned K's clothes down. When I looked at their website one of the popular brands they like to purchase is Shein.

This consignment shop I was looking at had very high end stuff, but it was like for conspicuous consumers. It was stuff with large logos--so everyone knows you're wearing a Fendi dress. I don't know if you are familiar with the TV show "Absolutely Fabulous", but this was the kind of clothes Edina Monsoon would have worn. I almost thought these photos this shop had on Facebook were satirical. The model was wearing loud designer clothing and posing in front of this black car that had an overlay that was just different colored YSL symbols all over it.

She had a number of Shein things in there. That stuff is already so cheap that I don't think she'd get much for it even if they wanted it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. While I've never watched, I'm familiar with the show and the fashion angle. Prime example... I was taken to the Gucci outlet in Secaucus, NJ back in 1987. There were all kinds of bags, garments, and smaller accessories with the traditional G pattern. Then you had the pieces that were lovely but had no visible branding. What's funny is that the items without the obvious branding were the more expensive pieces. I saw a gorgeous ivory colored ostrich bag that was 10x more than anything covered in Gs. Mind you, it was the materials and craftsmanship that made the difference, but I think it would have sold for far less at a consignment shop since it wasn't screaming Gucci. I do like when a designer has a style that is so iconic to their brand that it doesn't need the flashy logos. I have a pair of YSL pumps where the brand would be obvious to anyone familiar with the historically popular shoe styles, but you'd have to get close to the sole of the shoe to actually see the YSL stamp. Chloe had a couple of really popular signature bags from the early 2000s and you had to be right on top of them to see the designer name. I guess it's taking a nod from the obscenely expensive Hermes Birkin.

HouCuseChickie

I think this is week 3 of the walking/standing desk thing. Standing is now coming really naturally and I'm preferring the standing over sitting. Walking has been problematic this week. I haven't been feeling well since Easter. In fact, I felt downright wretched on Monday and got sick several times over the course of the day. I never ran a fever, but there was a nonstop pain in my gut and I had some chills and wooziness. It had improved on Tuesday to the point that I walked some, but I started getting vertigo at one point. Yesterday was fine until lunch, when I had leftovers. So, I think it's something tied to the candy from Sunday as well as the food. I'm feeling better today, but really just focusing on standing. Tomorrow, I will add back in the walking. The weekend looks pretty pleasant minus some wind, so I'm hoping to walk outside again.

I'm still on the fence about the eclipse. My parents have already canceled their air travel since the forecast isn't looking promising for Texas. I am still inclined to try since it's hard to know if there will be breaks in the clouds or if it will be higher thin clouds. We're so close that it seems like a no-brainer to take the chance and just go, but the more I read, the more I see that we're in for absolute driving pandemonium. It looks like more out of area people are traveling through Austin, Dallas and San Antonio, so it MIGHT not be as bad coming and going from Houston, but it's still going to be crazy. I found a cheap place to stay for the night that's less than half a mile away from our reserved parking area. If I let traffic die down, we should be able to get there fairly easily to check in for the night. Assuming I can top off my gas tank before things get too crazy (scoped out a few towns on the way as well as stations right near where we'd be) and we leave around 4am, it seems feasible that we should be able to get back for school/work. Of course, there's now also a threat of severe weather...like large hail, big tornado, bring on storm chasers kind of weather. It is that time of year. I don't want to be stuck in it while we're at the hotel and I definitely don't want to be driving in it. There's definitely a growing part of me that wants to just be good with whatever part of 95% we can see at home and be done with it. I had considered some of the spots an hour closer and spending both Sunday and Monday night, but I just don't know if I want to spend the money. Prices are dropping, but it's still higher than normal. I have to decide by Sunday afternoon.

StarWarsGirl

During the concert for All-State my freshman year, the whole thing was halted when someone in the Audience had a heart attack and we had to wait for the ambulance. Then someone in the orchestra broke a string and they stopped to let the person change it so she could finish the concert. But both of those things were in between...like, the heart attack was between the Choir and the Band, I think, and then the Orchestra was between pieces. So it wasn't like....stopping mid-song.
Orchestra they tell you if a string breaks to just continue playing. Unless it's your G string on violin (which is the least likely to break) you can kind of finish without it. Depending on what string broke and where the piece goes. E string breaks...you'll have trouble with higher notes. You can get around it with the D or A string. E is the most likely to break...I've been through so many E strings.

Viola...same deal. If your C string breaks, then you'll have some problems. If your A string breaks you'll have trouble with higher sections. If your G or D string breaks, you can mostly play without it. Though A is the most likely to break.

Sans Souci

Our counselor was a jerk, moron, etc...the word I chose got censored. He threatened to break my brother's nose and tried to keep me from getting scholarships, and I'm pretty sure he and the principal fixed the grades to keep me from getting salutatorian. Our administration was a joke. We were a town of about 1200 people, and the next town over (40 miles away) was the only other one in our district, but their population was more like 10-15 thousand. MUCH bigger. They tended to send any good teachers to the bigger town and give us the awful ones.

When I was going into 7th grade, my brother took me to the school to get our schedules and our lockers a couple of weeks before school started. He was going to show me where all of my classes were. But the schedules weren't completely ready yet...they had them, but they were subject to change. And my brother was looking at the 8th grade schedules, and the counselor told him those weren't done yet, so he'd better keep everything to himself because if he heard anyone say he told them this class was offered at this time, he'd break his nose. Then he tried to play it off as a joke when my mom went to the school and confronted him about it.

My senior year, he gave me the wrong dates to turn in a few scholarship applications so I'd miss the deadline. His secretary was a good friend of ours, and she called me, wondering where my Walmart application was, because the deadline was that day, and mine wasn't in there. We ended up running to walmart that afternoon to turn in my application...the counselor made everyone turn the forms into him and HE'D turn them in for us. Then when Walmart called to ask about me for their scholarship, he told them I didn't deserve it, because I hadn't gone through his special selection process. He wasn't turning in all the applications. He was only turning in the ones he wanted. (He did the same thing with an academic summer program for my brother a few years before, but in that case, he was out for a few weeks and the substitute sent in all the applications and my brother ended up getting in, and the counselor was livid because he hadn't intended to send in my brother's application.) He also told the D.A.R.E. officers that they couldn't award me their scholarship because I had enough. They gave it to me anyway. But he was actively trying to keep me from getting scholarships.

Then with the grades...sorry, this will be long. The University has always offered the top two kids in the senior class at each school a tuition and fees scholarship for 4 years as a recruitment technique. It works....a lot of kids end up going there just because of that scholarship. So I was number two for a long time. The top three of us were all in physics and advanced math, and the number 3 and I both had advanced languages as well. I was 3rd year German, he was 3rd year Spanish. Those grades were weighted. BUT, he had fewer classes. He took FTA (Future teachers of America) which was basically him being a helper for a teacher for one hour each day. You didn't actually get a grade for that...or it didn't count towards your GPA anyway. The scholarship was always awarded at the Semester break. Report card day came, and there was all this gossip about there being a computer glitch that messed up some of the grades and switched some GPAs around. I was panicking, because I couldn't afford to lose that scholarship. I went in to talk to the counselor's secretary. It turned out this "computer glitch" had only affected two students. Me, and #3...it switched our GPAs, but they got it fixed. I don't know who noticed it...probably one of the secretaries. My mom cleaned for the Principal's secretary, and the counselor's had been a family friend since before I was born. But they fixed it. And the family friend told me in confidence that my GPA was high enough that unless I really screwed up, Sean couldn't pass me. Fast forward to 3rd quarter. That's when the Valedictorian and Salutatorian are named. We get our report cards, and suddenly I'm ranked #3. But I had 3 A+s and 4 As...I hadn't screwed up, so how was I now number 3? My locker was next to Sean's...same last initial. No one ever locked their lockers because there wasn't enough time to do the combination and get to your next class on time. So I saw Sean put his report card in his locker, and I waited until he left, and looked at it. He had the exact same grades that I did, but one less A+ because his FTA grade didn't count. I looked at his GPA....we had 2 GPA scales, both listed on the report card. The standard 4.0 scale and also a 5.0 scale. My 4.0 GPA went up, but the 5.0 went down somehow, which how can it with straight As?? And Sean's had both gone up. My mom went in to question my GPA going down, and that's when the secretary discovered that my advanced classes had not been weighted, and Sean's had. Also, while my mom was in the office, she overheard a teacher (not my teacher) saying "I don't KNOW why. I was told to give her a C, so that's what I gave her." so we KNOW grades were being fixed, and we could see my GPA wasn't correct, but it never got corrected. Then last quarter, I was back at #2, but Sean had already been named Salutatorian. So we're pretty sure they rigged it so I wouldn't get that honor at least. It hadn't worked to keep me from getting the scholarship, but the year before, my brother had been Salutatorian of HIS class, and the counselor and principal had decided that since there were several kids in his class with a high GPA, they wanted to have co-salutatorians. Everyone with a GPA of like 3.85 or higher would be salutatorian. My mom fought it, because she said my brother had worked hard and had earned that honor. They had never done Co-salutatorians before....why now. Why specifically this class? So they ended up not doing it. So we think that them keeping me from Salutatorian was their way of revenge for that. And then Sean and Johan (pronounced John) went to them and asked if I could be a Co-salutatorian because I had worked hard, and they thought I had earned it. The principal and counselor refused. So instead, they both mentioned me in their speeches so people would know I was up there and I was being honored, even if the school wouldn't give me the honor I was supposed to have. I don't think that Sean and Johan knew that they had fixed the grades, as it was never "proven" and never corrected. But they knew I worked hard, and I HAD ended up passing Sean back in the last quarter, so SHOULD have been Salutatorian. There was also some controversy in town because a week before graduation, the valedictorian was arrested for selling pot....to the salutatorian. And there were people who felt Sean and Johan should be stripped of the titles and I should be Valedictorian, but there was no way the school was going to let that happen when they had worked so hard to keep me from getting an honor. But I thought it was sweet that they mentioned me in their speeches.

OMG, what the hell was wrong with that guidance counselor? I can't believe he tried to block you from winning scholarships. So, he was the one behind you being 3 in your class? What a psychopath. Why did he even do this? I think I would have shoved a few bananas in the tailpipe of his car.

Sans Souci

She had a number of Shein things in there. That stuff is already so cheap that I don't think she'd get much for it even if they wanted it.

I know exactly what you're talking about. While I've never watched, I'm familiar with the show and the fashion angle. Prime example... I was taken to the Gucci outlet in Secaucus, NJ back in 1987. There were all kinds of bags, garments, and smaller accessories with the traditional G pattern. Then you had the pieces that were lovely but had no visible branding. What's funny is that the items without the obvious branding were the more expensive pieces. I saw a gorgeous ivory colored ostrich bag that was 10x more than anything covered in Gs. Mind you, it was the materials and craftsmanship that made the difference, but I think it would have sold for far less at a consignment shop since it wasn't screaming Gucci. I do like when a designer has a style that is so iconic to their brand that it doesn't need the flashy logos. I have a pair of YSL pumps where the brand would be obvious to anyone familiar with the historically popular shoe styles, but you'd have to get close to the sole of the shoe to actually see the YSL stamp. Chloe had a couple of really popular signature bags from the early 2000s and you had to be right on top of them to see the designer name. I guess it's taking a nod from the obscenely expensive Hermes Birkin.

This shop had a pair of men's Gucci athletic shoes and they had Gs all over them! Then on the back of the shoe, where you have that little bit of leather near your tendon-- one shoe was green and the other was red and of course it said "Gucci." I was thinking, who would even wear these things? I always think the stuff that goes overboard with logos looks like counterfeit stuff you can buy in Chinatown. Different strokes for different folks, but I refuse to advertise someone's product for free. :hilarious:

Sans Souci

I think this is week 3 of the walking/standing desk thing. Standing is now coming really naturally and I'm preferring the standing over sitting. Walking has been problematic this week. I haven't been feeling well since Easter. In fact, I felt downright wretched on Monday and got sick several times over the course of the day. I never ran a fever, but there was a nonstop pain in my gut and I had some chills and wooziness. It had improved on Tuesday to the point that I walked some, but I started getting vertigo at one point. Yesterday was fine until lunch, when I had leftovers. So, I think it's something tied to the candy from Sunday as well as the food. I'm feeling better today, but really just focusing on standing. Tomorrow, I will add back in the walking. The weekend looks pretty pleasant minus some wind, so I'm hoping to walk outside again.

I'm still on the fence about the eclipse. My parents have already canceled their air travel since the forecast isn't looking promising for Texas. I am still inclined to try since it's hard to know if there will be breaks in the clouds or if it will be higher thin clouds. We're so close that it seems like a no-brainer to take the chance and just go, but the more I read, the more I see that we're in for absolute driving pandemonium. It looks like more out of area people are traveling through Austin, Dallas and San Antonio, so it MIGHT not be as bad coming and going from Houston, but it's still going to be crazy. I found a cheap place to stay for the night that's less than half a mile away from our reserved parking area. If I let traffic die down, we should be able to get there fairly easily to check in for the night. Assuming I can top off my gas tank before things get too crazy (scoped out a few towns on the way as well as stations right near where we'd be) and we leave around 4am, it seems feasible that we should be able to get back for school/work. Of course, there's now also a threat of severe weather...like large hail, big tornado, bring on storm chasers kind of weather. It is that time of year. I don't want to be stuck in it while we're at the hotel and I definitely don't want to be driving in it. There's definitely a growing part of me that wants to just be good with whatever part of 95% we can see at home and be done with it. I had considered some of the spots an hour closer and spending both Sunday and Monday night, but I just don't know if I want to spend the money. Prices are dropping, but it's still higher than normal. I have to decide by Sunday afternoon.

I saw this article and I thought about you and your treadmill.

My husband ordered eclipse glasses, but I worry about them being counterfeits. I am not sure what sort of percentage we're supposed to get, but it must be a significant amount. They are letting the kids in my town out early to view it.

You have until Sunday afternoon to decide, so why not wait until then? You'll have a better idea about the weather. 95% percent is still impressive. I don't blame you for not wanting to travel and then getting caught up in traffic. It's good to have options. :)

Lilofan

This shop had a pair of men's Gucci athletic shoes and they had Gs all over them! Then on the back of the shoe, where you have that little bit of leather near your tendon-- one shoe was green and the other was red and of course it said "Gucci." I was thinking, who would even wear these things? I always think the stuff that goes overboard with logos looks like counterfeit stuff you can buy in Chinatown. Different strokes for different folks, but I refuse to advertise someone's product for free. :hilarious:
My family member friend owns a Rolex and and a fake Rolex. He was wearing his fake one while on vacation in South America. He was robbed at gunpoint and he gave up his fake one.

Sans Souci

Hello-

If you are eating, about to eat, or just ate; do not read.

Checking in with a walk and a boxing /weights interval workout.

Callie was in her house this AM. I saw her in it and she was kind of contorted. I thought maybe her little pad was wet from all of the rain. So, I let her in and put food down for her. I did my thing. Then she sat in the middle of the kitchen, which is her way of saying, "You may pet me now, hooman." So I was putting her, then I saw what I thought was mud on the floor. Then I realized it wasn't mud. Then she got up to eat again and more stuff was coming out of her back side. It went all over. She was sitting in it, stepping in it, spreading it around. I spent over an hour cleaning my kitchen floor. I have a hardwood floor, so I have to be careful what I use on it for disinfection. Her house was an absolute mess. I do not know what she has eaten or gotten into while she was gone. I really want to give her a bath, but I know I am signing my death warrant.

Then, because I am stupid, I let her in again in the afternoon. Her stomach seemed better. She peed on the floor, which is par for the course for her. She's been drinking a lot because of her stomach issues. She ate, then she came over to me. I have a sunken living room, so I was sitting on the step and she was on the floor slightly above me. It was more comfortable for both of us. I was petting her she closed her eyes and was just derping out. I think she was tired from her stomach issues and being away so long because of the rain marathon we had. Then she wanted to walk around. Right behind me was a brand new, Scotchguarded sofa set. She stepped down and in my head I said, "Please don't jump up there, please don't jump up there." She jumped up there and I gasped, it must have scared her, because she jumped down and ran back into the kitchen. There were 4 slightly wet paw prints. She has never come close to that sofa, ever and it figures the day she has copious amounts of diarrhea, she chose to jump up on it. : /

It just hope whatever her stomach issue is resolves itself soon. I can't find a vet who will treat a feral cat and a vet will not prescribe meds for a cat they have never seen-it's the law. It's understandable, but it limits how I can help her.

Songbird76

OMG, what the hell was wrong with that guidance counselor? I can't believe he tried to block you from winning scholarships. So, he was the one behind you being 3 in your class? What a psychopath. Why did he even do this? I think I would have shoved a few bananas in the tailpipe of his car.
It was the counselor and the principal together. My mother's theory was that they didn't like us because they were intimidated by us. My parents were divorced, we lived below the poverty line, and yet my brother and I were both high achievers, and they couldn't take credit for it.

We did a unit in science class on the effects of drugs, and the counselor came in to talk to us because apparently he had been addicted to drugs as a younger man. And I think he told the other class that he killed a man. Now, I don't see how he would have been allowed to work in a school if he had ever used drugs, let alone killed someone, but I suppose if it was an "accidental death" rather than homocide, maybe. I don't know. But he was a real piece of work, and he really just hated us. And it was ridiculous because we were both straight A students, involved in multiple extra-curricular activities, and neither of us were ever involved in drugs or alcohol use like 90% of our classmates were. And there were some foster kids who had been placed in this home and ended up being removed, and they were all at one point or another placed with the counselor and his wife, and I was friends with all of them...pretty much their only friends, because they were kind of outcasts. I mentioned Mindy and how that didn't end well...she was placed with the counselor our senior year and that's when things went wrong.

Sans Souci

It was the counselor and the principal together. My mother's theory was that they didn't like us because they were intimidated by us. My parents were divorced, we lived below the poverty line, and yet my brother and I were both high achievers, and they couldn't take credit for it.

We did a unit in science class on the effects of drugs, and the counselor came in to talk to us because apparently he had been addicted to drugs as a younger man. And I think he told the other class that he killed a man. Now, I don't see how he would have been allowed to work in a school if he had ever used drugs, let alone killed someone, but I suppose if it was an "accidental death" rather than homocide, maybe. I don't know. But he was a real piece of work, and he really just hated us. And it was ridiculous because we were both straight A students, involved in multiple extra-curricular activities, and neither of us were ever involved in drugs or alcohol use like 90% of our classmates were. And there were some foster kids who had been placed in this home and ended up being removed, and they were all at one point or another placed with the counselor and his wife, and I was friends with all of them...pretty much their only friends, because they were kind of outcasts. I mentioned Mindy and how that didn't end well...she was placed with the counselor our senior year and that's when things went wrong.

Maybe they couldn't take credit for it, but I would think an educator would be pleased that two kids who didn't have the advantages many other students did excelled anyway. In fact, you don't need to be a teacher to appreciate that.

This counselor should not have been anywhere near kids--threatening to punch your brother's nose, manipulating grades, possible homicide in his past.

As I was typing this, my house started shaking. :eek:

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

I did a workout with my barbell this morning. It was super sweaty. The sun is out, so I am going out for a stroll later.

Callie was in her house this AM. She seems OK. She came in for breakfast and we spent some time together. Then she left to find a place to sun bathe. She was also here last night and I spent a lot of time petting her. My husband told me he thought she entered my life for a reason. I told him to put a lid on the drinking for the night. :hilarious: I wish she wasn't so feral. I would take her in and take her to the vet to get her checked out. She's such a little sweetheart and I am trying my best to keep her healthy and happy. <3

Figgy1

Premium Member
Original Poster
Maybe they couldn't take credit for it, but I would think an educator would be pleased that two kids who didn't have the advantages many other students did excelled anyway. In fact, you don't need to be a teacher to appreciate that.

This counselor should not have been anywhere near kids--threatening to punch your brother's nose, manipulating grades, possible homicide in his past.

As I was typing this, my house started shaking. :eek:
YUP, it was an earthquake. Not much shaking as my house is over-built and the "mountains between here and there. You probably got a bit more of a jolt due to it being flatter and sandier

Sans Souci

YUP, it was an earthquake. Not much shaking as my house is over-built and the "mountains between here and there. You probably got a bit more of a jolt due to it being flatter and sandier

Yeah, I thought it was a truck driving too fast down my street, so I didn't pay much attention to it. But then it wasn't stopping, my house was moving laterally and I could hear glasses in the cabinets clinking together. I went outside, because I wasn't sure what was happening. A few years ago, there was a house explosion on the Main Line in PA and I felt it here. So, I wasn't sure there was an explosion or what.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom