working out for Disney

Sans Souci

I wish our schools had AC back in the day but we did not. The only AC was a window unit at the principal office. The heat at times broke down in the winter so we wore our coats in class. The school bus had no AC or heat. We toughed it out.
Those were the only three years of my K-12 education that were air conditioned. It was a new school, that was only 2 years old when I attended it. My HS was very old without AC, but I could wear shorts and tanks. I did go to Catholic school for K-4 and uniform skirts were the only thing we could wear. I grew up outside of Chicago and the winters are character building. There was no indoor recess unless the temps were below zero or rain was coming down in sheets. I used to beg my mom to buy me thick, cable knit tights, but all I ever got were navy blue knee highs. :hilarious:

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Hello-

I hope everyone had great Mother's Day. I really didn't do much, which is exactly what I wanted. It was cloudy and chilly, but I went out for a walk anyway.

Callie was here yesterday and my husband very kindly woke me up to tell me she was waiting to be fed. :rolleyes: After she ate, she came over for some pets. She was purring, kneading and closing her eyes as I was petting her and for the first time, she climbed up into my lap. She started kneading my thigh and I wasn't expecting it. It hurt and I tried to keep quiet about it, but she sensed something was wrong, so she jumped off and ran away. It's been 2 years this month since she showed up at my door and she has gone from being scared of me just putting her dish outside to eating indoors, taking naps indoors and approaching me for attention. My husband and I both noticed her tail seems to have a bit more movement to it that it previously had, so maybe having proper nutrition and positive attention is helping her in small ways. :)
I have hanging bells on either side of my bedroom door that the cats are trained to ring if they want in or out. It's better than having them yowl when they want in or causing chaos when they want out. Anyway, Jasmine when she wants to be fed has decided it's also her dinner bell, so I'll be chilling after work and she comes and rings the bell to get me to feed her. And I can't ignore it; I have to get up and feed her, thus the routine continues.

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
Those were the only three years of my K-12 education that were air conditioned. It was a new school, that was only 2 years old when I attended it. My HS was very old without AC, but I could wear shorts and tanks. I did go to Catholic school for K-4 and uniform skirts were the only thing we could wear. I grew up outside of Chicago and the winters are character building. There was no indoor recess unless the temps were below zero or rain was coming down in sheets. I used to beg my mom to buy me thick, cable knit tights, but all I ever got were navy blue knee highs. :hilarious:
We are definitely built differently here. If the teachers didn't wanna be outside, then we had indoor recess. 😆

Sans Souci

We are definitely built differently here. If the teachers didn't wanna be outside, then we had indoor recess. 😆

I think they made us go out because the catholic schools I attended were both very old and small without a gym. Neither of them had a cafeteria. We had lunch in our classroom. There was nowhere but outside to have recess and the I think the teachers wanted us to run off our lunch energy before class. Kids would wear snow suits and snow pants for recess. :hilarious:

Last edited:

Sans Souci

I have hanging bells on either side of my bedroom door that the cats are trained to ring if they want in or out. It's better than having them yowl when they want in or causing chaos when they want out. Anyway, Jasmine when she wants to be fed has decided it's also her dinner bell, so I'll be chilling after work and she comes and rings the bell to get me to feed her. And I can't ignore it; I have to get up and feed her, thus the routine continues.

My husband wanted to get a Ring for the patio door just for her. I put my foot down. She is smart enough to put two and two together to realize the tone makes a human come to the door to feed her. She absolutely would come to the door at 3 AM, I have no doubts about that.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I am at my husband's apartment today and I did a workout in the gym downstairs. It was a mix of pull ups, kettlebell and bodyweight stuff. I feel like a push myself harder in a gym, but I also hate working out in front of other people. I don't mind running on a treadmill in a gym, it's lifting weights that makes me nervous. :hilarious:

My godmother passed away about 6 weeks ago after a long illness and she was my mom's best friend since they were 14. My brother texted me to say my mom is dating her husband. Good grief. My mother knows better than this. I would not date someone whose spouse passed away after only 6 weeks. Maybe later on down the road, but the loss is still so fresh after 6 weeks. They were married a very long time, too. He is a very nice guy as well. My mother is angling for something. She extracts what she needs from people and discards them when there's nothing left to give. I hope his kids are watching his will. I do not trust my mother. It makes me sad to say that, but it's the truth.

Anyway, I came up here because a new restaurant opened across the street from the apartment. We were going to try it out tonight. It looks cute, it's got an art deco vibe to it and the menu is pretty eclectic. I hope it's good. :)

StarWarsGirl

In the Parks
No
I think they made us go out because the catholic schools I attended were both very old and small without a gym. Neither of them had a cafeteria. We had lunch in our classroom. There was nowhere but outside to have recess and the I think the teachers wanted us to run off our lunch energy before class. Kids would wear snow suits and snow pants for recess. :hilarious:
Yeah, the teachers had computers and games and stuff in their rooms for indoor recess. I figured out in fourth grade how to bypass the firewall and get to disneychannel.com to play games on there. 😂 Their firewalls weren't very good back then...

Songbird76

My cousin's daughter had a ridiculous dress code at her school (she does an online charter school now). She got dress coded so many times for outfits that were perfectly appropriate. I'm like, maybe these teachers should focus a bit more on teaching and less on what these kids are wearing? Like, god forbid any boys see a girl's SHOULDER. The horror.
We had to have at least 3 inch sleeves, and when you raised your arms, no part of your stomach could show. Skirts and shorts had to go down past your fingertips. No shirts with profanity or nudity. I got coded for a tshirt that had a cartoon cat bum on it.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did a 45 minute treadmill workout earlier today. It was a lot of hills and speed work. The treadmills in this building feel so much better on my knees than the one I have at home. The deck feels like it absorbs the impact really well, where my home TM just sends the impact back up my legs.

The restaurant we tried last night was really good. It was like French-SE Asian fusion. I will definitely go back. Our server was very friendly and made some good recommendations. He recommended this side dish that I probably wouldn't have ordered because it sounded like a weird combination of ingredients, but it was so good. It was a plate of blood orange supremes topped with chilis, dried shrimp, toasted coconut and Thai basil. I was kind of concerned that the dried shrimp would be overpowered, but it was just briny and blended with the other toppings. It was the perfect mix of sweet, sour, salty and spicy. :)

Lilofan

Hello-

I did a 45 minute treadmill workout earlier today. It was a lot of hills and speed work. The treadmills in this building feel so much better on my knees than the one I have at home. The deck feels like it absorbs the impact really well, where my home TM just sends the impact back up my legs.

The restaurant we tried last night was really good. It was like French-SE Asian fusion. I will definitely go back. Our server was very friendly and made some good recommendations. He recommended this side dish that I probably wouldn't have ordered because it sounded like a weird combination of ingredients, but it was so good. It was a plate of blood orange supremes topped with chilis, dried shrimp, toasted coconut and Thai basil. I was kind of concerned that the dried shrimp would be overpowered, but it was just briny and blended with the other toppings. It was the perfect mix of sweet, sour, salty and spicy. :)
That's good stamina you have ! I'm a lap swimmer and I regularly eat no salt beets on a regular basis. I see that it improves BP , and gives me more stamina during swim sessions. Even the USA women's soccer team had it on their menus during training. Now , soccer is an intense sport where one needs plenty of stamina.

Sans Souci

Hello-

I did the usual type of workout today; quick but intense. I am back home today.

Tomorrow is my diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. My images were available today to bring with me tomorrow. I saw my PCP today and I told him about needing to get the images and he thinks the person I spoke to was incorrect about needing copies. Anyway, he said he can request the images from tomorrow's tests and have the radiologist down here look at them. So, maybe I will do that. :)

Figgy1

Original Poster
Hello-

I did the usual type of workout today; quick but intense. I am back home today.

Tomorrow is my diagnostic mammogram and ultrasound. My images were available today to bring with me tomorrow. I saw my PCP today and I told him about needing to get the images and he thinks the person I spoke to was incorrect about needing copies. Anyway, he said he can request the images from tomorrow's tests and have the radiologist down here look at them. So, maybe I will do that. :)
Sending prayers and pixie dust all goes well

Sans Souci

Sending prayers and pixie dust all goes well

Thank you. <3 I usually wouldn't be too worried, but this is the second diagnostic mammogram I have had for the spot they want to look at today. I had this issue a few years ago. I am just a bit concerned because the area has gotten bigger with more micro calcifications since then. Fingers crossed they just put me back on 6 month mammograms.

Figgy1

Original Poster
If it wasn't a gift the step counter would be under the front car tire. I wish I could change the settings to start at 10000 steps instead of 5000.
I found a new youtube channel Get fit with Rick. He's got some really good walking workouts that can be done if you have 3 left feet

Sans Souci

If it wasn't a gift the step counter would be under the front car tire. I wish I could change the settings to start at 10000 steps instead of 5000.
I found a new youtube channel Get fit with Rick. He's got some really good walking workouts that can be done if you have 3 left feet

Oh that's weird, they usually let you select your step goal. I have had a few different trackers over the years and they all let me set my step goals.

Is Get Fit with Rick the guy who lives in Dubai? I remember doing a few walking workouts on YouTube with a guy who did them outside in Dubai.

Sans Souci

Good morning ☀️

I did another quick workout this AM. It was pretty fun (for a workout), I got to use my gliding discs and they are fun to use.

I hope @HouCuseChickie is OK, I saw they got shellacked with severe weather in Houston. It looks bad.

My husband and I are going away at the end of the summer to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We wanted to have a bang up vacation to celebrate. I was able to reserve a cabana this morning. I probably could have waited, but I am so used to going WDW and reserving things so far in advance. I couldn't help myself. :hilarious: I made reservations for some of our meals back in Jan.

Figgy1

Original Poster
Oh that's weird, they usually let you select your step goal. I have had a few different trackers over the years and they all let me set my step goals.

Is Get Fit with Rick the guy who lives in Dubai? I remember doing a few walking workouts on YouTube with a guy who did them outside in Dubai.
I checked bit it doesn't seem as if I can change the settings. It's fine but not on long days
YUP, the guy who lives in Dubai

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom