News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

Serpico Jones

Indy - South America is a stretch. That's the movie everyone didn't like compared to the others plus there is really no animals in the movie (unless you count bugs and stuff)

Encanto - that one scene in the movie I assume is what they are after

Coco - I'm assuming the dogs and the gyphron in the movie. Though I hope it's not quite as colorful (the two animals) as the movie.
Raiders of the Lost Ark opens in South America.

yensidtlaw1969

Have you heard something different?
From what I’ve heard . . .

1712258573197.jpeg

Ripken10

I also can't believe that it seems like the Boneyard is going away even though it is awesome and can easily be (minimally) re-themed to an archeological concept.
Losing the boneyard imo is a huge loss. It is a great place to take younger kids when they can't do a ride that others want to ride (or when a couple adults from a group want to ride a ride with out kid(s), they can take the kids to the boneyard). My kids absolutely love the boneyard. We spent a lot of time there, and adults got on a lot of kid-less rides too. It really takes my enthusiasm away from this re-theme. It is big loss to us.

arich35

Losing the boneyard imo is a huge loss. It is a great place to take younger kids when they can't do a ride that others want to ride (or when a couple adults from a group want to ride a ride with out kid(s), they can take the kids to the boneyard). My kids absolutely love the boneyard. We spent a lot of time there, and adults got on a lot of kid-less rides too. It really takes my enthusiasm away from this re-theme. It is big loss to us.
Yeah both my kids really enjoyed it and sucks it might be closed come December when we come again.

KDM31091

It would seem unnecessary to close the entire dinoland at once since the areas are removed from one another. In a park with so few attractions each one counts, especially if bugs life is also going down.

Now, with the imagineering video, did they conclusively state anything on the actual attractions? I saw the model of the area, but no specific mention of one attraction or another

sid35

Personally I’m not excited about the IP additions, though Indy would be nice (albeit similar to the existing EMV versions). DAK is getting one new attraction which could be enjoyable depending on budget. So long as It’s not another Na’vi.
Similar as in ride system? Or the complete ride from Disneyland? I always imagined dinosaur would Just be themed to IJ and keep the dino's theme!

Jrb1979

What does that even mean? Why must we be so reductive?

When Disney and Universal build competing expansions, we win. That’s the only metric that matters.
I get the excitement. They finally going to be building new attractions. For my family the flashy rides don't do it for us. IMO their best dark rides were Horizons and World of Motion. Long draw out dark rides with lots of AAs with good story telling.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom