Captain America 4

Vegas Disney Fan

He doesn't have any powers.

That said, he now not only has the shield but also a whole Wakanda (presumably Vibranium) suit so that would at least give him some advantage over a "normal" human.
I thought his suit was just a rubber suit with wings, a vibranium suit would definitely up his survivability, did he get that on Fatws? I may have to rewatch the series before the movie comes out, it’s been over a year. I’ve probably forgotten more than I remember.

Last edited:

doctornick

I thought his suit was just a rubber suit with wings, a vibranium suit would definitely up his survivability, did he get that on Fatws? I may have to rewatch the series before the movie comes out, it’s been over a year. I’ve probably forgotten more than I remember.

Yes, the Captain America-eque suit came from Wakanda. Bucky had called in a "favor" from the Wakanda folks to get it for Sam during FatWS. It's never really established what it is made of but presumably is pretty high tech.

He gave the old/original wings to Joaquín Torres who will presumably use it to become some new version of Falcon.

MickeyMouse10

I guess they felt they had to turn it into a Hulk movie. Because most people don't want to see Falcon as Captain America.

I do think it would have been better with the Hydra Captain America storyline though.

Last edited:

Rambozo

I guess they felt they had to turn it into a Hulk movie. Because most people don't want to see Falcon as Captain America.

I do think it would have been better with the Hydra Captain America storyline though.

Unfortunately they are using a lot of bad storylines from the past 10 years or so. I don't know why comic sales have been in the dump during that time period. Many people have even switched to Manga, because American comics (D.C. and Marvel) have gotten so bad.

Vegas Disney Fan

Yes, the Captain America-eque suit came from Wakanda. Bucky had called in a "favor" from the Wakanda folks to get it for Sam during FatWS. It's never really established what it is made of but presumably is pretty high tech.

He gave the old/original wings to Joaquín Torres who will presumably use it to become some new version of Falcon.
I watched episode 5 again, where he gets the suit, and it’s indeed from Wakanda, it’s just that one line from Bucky though and then they right go back to working on the boat. Sneeze or look away from the screen for a second and you’d miss it.

Hopefully they expand on the suit a bit in the movie because I think that will really help legitimize the character and make it more believable, just like I’ve never doubted IronMan surviving unsurvivable moments (as a mere mortal) simply because of his suit.

doctornick

I watched episode 5 again, where he gets the suit, and it’s indeed from Wakanda, it’s just that one line from Bucky though and then they right go back to working on the boat. Sneeze or look away from the screen for a second and you’d miss it.

Oh yeah, it's definitely a "blink or you'll miss it" thing. But just figured I'd let you know since you asked.

Wouldn't be a bad idea to have some throwaway dialogue in the movie to explain the new suit came from Wakanda.

Phicinfan

Comic book question… do they do anything to give Sam super hero powers or is he just a soldier but now with Caps shield?

I’ve always been bothered that the Black Widow and Hawkeye are (seemingly) invincible despite being (highly trained) normal humans with no super hero powers and if Sam is just a human without super serum how is he going to survive being Cap?

Falcon and Winter Soldier showed him earn the title but I cant recall seeing him being prepared for the inevitable doom coming his way.
Hawkeye has no powers either, he was unaltered.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Seth Rollins has reportedly joined the cast of Captain America: New World Order.

"Filming of the new Captain America movie has been going on at full speed for almost a month now, which means that we’ll get regular updates until it’s time to finally see it on the big screen. Of course, if it was up to Marvel they’d keep it all under wraps, but at this point, it’s virtually impossible to keep all MCU secrets — especially when filming out in the open as they are doing now in Georgia. The first batch of set photos and videos revealed one cast member that hasn’t been officially announced: WWE champion Seth Rollins is on set and in character.

Popularly known as Seth “Freakin” Rollins, the wrestler is one of the most popular fighters in modern WWE. As you probably can imagine, his skills on and off the ring are an asset to a big-budget action movie, in which he can bring a log of technique to fighting scenes. Rollins made his acting debut on a high-profile campy franchise: Sharknado. But Captain America 4 will represent his first major role in a feature film."

Collider is also reporting a title change for the film may be in the works.

"This is not the only piece of news that has been leaking about the future of this Marvel entry. Captain America 4, which was originally titled Captain America: New World Order, is reportedly about to get a title change. It’s not uncommon for movies to change their titles during or even after filming, the difference here is that the new Cap movie had its title revealed way ahead of the premiere, and maybe now Marvel is not feeling it. If the title indeed changes, they’ll probably angle towards something that’s more catchy or shifts the focus of what we can expect the movie to be about."

DCBaker

Premium Member
Captain America: Brave New World has wrapped filming.

"Audiences are one step closer to experiencing yet another installment in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, as Captain America: Brave New World has wrapped filming. According to the movie's cinematographer, Kramer Morgenthau, production for the upcoming sequel has ended, making it extremely likely for the project to be ready for its July 26, 2024 release date."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom