Is attendance really down at WDW this or…

Disstevefan1

If you can get a CEO to spin off other assets and retain P&R, P&R would become a self sustaining money machine with funds for upkeep and possible expansion. Instead of serving as a host to malperforming parasites.

Sad thing for Iger "The Aquisition King" is he needs to divest. His ego needs to destroy what he has built.... oh and find a successor in the next 15 months.
If they spun off P&R, how could the original Disney company stay in business? P&R is the company’s main source of income.

Every movie they make costs more to make and market than the money they bring in. We know D+ is not making money yet, we don’t know how long it will actually take to make money. The company estimates it will make money eventually, but they won’t hit their target.

flynnibus

Premium Member
You really just agreed with me with your entire rant.

Slow down when you read.

This statement...

Lack of vending in queues has nothing to do with paid fastpass philosophy.
Does not support this...
Fastpass as its original use and Fastpass Plus was never created so people could just virtually wait. It was the same revenue as people waiting with someone selling things in line, but better, as far more people would be passing far more opportunities to spend. It is more effective and less staffing than putting more people in queues.

Once again you mix apples and pineapples and claim 'Ha! see you agree!".

Vending in queues simply is bad for Disney's operating standards. Same idea why putting games in the queues was bad. A discussion around vending needs was never "we'll get people out of the queues instead!" nor did it evolve to "and now we get people to pay to get out too! We win!". You brought pineapples (virtual queues) to the apple festival (operations, custodial and show standards).

Nubs70

If they spun off P&R, how could the original Disney company stay in business? P&R is the company’s main source of income.

Every movie they make costs more to make and market than the money they bring in. We know D+ is not making money yet, we don’t know how long it will actually take to make money. The company estimates it will make money eventually, but they won’t hit their target.
If my mobile would allow, I would have bolded "retain P&R"

celluloid

This statement...

Does not support this...

Vending in queues simply is bad for Disney's operating standards. Same idea why putting games in the queues was bad. A discussion around vending needs was never "we'll get people out of the queues instead!" nor did it evolve to "and now we get people to pay to get out too! We win!". You brought pineapples (virtual queues) to the apple festival (operations, custodial and show standards).

Fast pass was created to get people to spend more money because they don't spend as much with all that time in line. Now they pay money for the less time in lines factor. More mula for the mouse. The sooner you understand this. The easier the rest will be for you to...agree with yourself I guess.
I have said they make. Kre mula this way after responding to someone else who showed up to the fruit party metaphor you like. I responded that the operation makes .ore money this way, and you agree. I didn't bring the pineapple. But do as you do.

Last edited:

BrianLo

We know D+ is not making money yet, we don’t know how long it will actually take to make money. The company estimates it will make money eventually, but they won’t hit their target.

It possibly started breaking even three days ago and almost certainly will kick off by December. That info won't be fully publicly formed until the Q1 FY 2024 report (February) or Q2 2024 (April) though.

Albeit I'd expect more definitive 'profitability' projections on the next call.

Disstevefan1

It possibly started breaking even three days ago and almost certainly will kick off by December. That info won't be fully publicly formed until the Q1 FY 2024 report (February) or Q2 2024 (April) though.

Albeit I'd expect more definitive 'profitability' projections on the next call.
I am surprised to hear that. Looking forward to see the numbers they show to the public. I want to believe they will be truthful and not just story telling.

Disstevefan1

This statement...

Does not support this...

Disney still has operating standards?

Nevermore525

With rising costs of production and halt from writers and still ongoing for actors, I doubt it will be a long brag.
As of right now it’s the SG&A costs that each of the streaming services need to have scaled back. All 3 (ESPN+, Hulu, Disney+) make enough revenue to outweigh their production costs as of the latest quarter.

The coinciding reduction of subscribers in India has actually been kind of a benefit towards profitability as the streaming services have a higher cost vs the revenue they get there.

lentesta

Premium Member
Fastpass as its original use and Fastpass Plus was never created so people could just virtually wait. It was the same revenue as people waiting with someone selling things in line, but better, as far more people would be passing far more opportunities to spend. It is more effective and less staffing than putting more people in queues.

I can see where you're coming from on that.

I have the FP+ deck that the board of directors saw before approving that project. The entire project's justification really seems to be entirely based on improved guest satisfaction and park ops efficiencies with virtual queues.

In fact, the word "revenue" only appears once in the document, in a discussion about ... refillable sodas:
Screenshot from 2023-10-16 09-34-33.png

jpeden

In the Parks
No

I have the FP+ deck that the board of directors saw before approving that project. The entire project's justification really seems to be entirely based on improved guest satisfaction and park ops efficiencies with virtual queues.

In fact, the word "revenue" only appears once in the document, in a discussion about ... refillable sodas:
View attachment 749328

I would pay good money to see this whole deck.

Also very interesting that they considered but never rolled out making the resort mug usable across the campus - which is something that Universal already does.

Andrew25

View attachment 749328

Interesting they mention "queue lounges" as I still believe modern virtual queues should aim for something like Race Through New York at Universal. A large lounge area (obviously could be made bigger to hold 2 hours' worth of guests with things to do, sitting areas, maybe a bar, with areas to explore while waiting for your group to be called.

I don't think people mind waiting an hour, they just really hate switchbacks in tight areas with no entertainment.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom