News 'Encanto' and 'Indiana Jones'-themed experiences at Animal Kingdom

RobbinsDad

How so?....since Epcot got Guardians and Remy, its gone from being my least favorite park (by a country mile) to my second favourite behind HS.

AK is in desperate need of more attractions. Dinoland is the perfect place to do this - they have a dated, baron, mainly deleted part of the park and a poor old Dinosaur ride. If AK could build another major ride in Dinoland...akin to Tron,Guardians or a Remy type ride then the park would hugely benefit
The problem is AK isn't getting any more attractions. It's actually ok because Dinosaur and ITTBAB needed refreshing, and the Encanto Manor ride could be awesome, worth more than Primeval Whirl and Tri-ceratop Spin combined. Adding a tropical animals walk-through would equal the attractions AK had pre-covid. The hope is that in the VERY distant future, AK can finally start to focus on adding attractions - a 3rd Pandora attraction would be the perfect start.

FettFan

How so?....since Epcot got Guardians and Remy, its gone from being my least favorite park (by a country mile) to my second favourite behind HS.

AK is in desperate need of more attractions. Dinoland is the perfect place to do this - they have a dated, baron, mainly deleted part of the park and a poor old Dinosaur ride. If AK could build another major ride in Dinoland...akin to Tron,Guardians or a Remy type ride then the park would hugely benefit.

1. Guardians doesn't belong in Epcot. It never belonged in Epcot, and they had to rename Future World in a lame attempt to justify their bad decision.

2. Animal Kingdom's entire thesis is wildlife conservation. Coco doesn't deal with wildlife conservation, neither does Encanto.
The only thing Indiana Jones has to do with animals is he's afraid of snakes.
707865a7d2dcfd7b-600x338.jpg

And there was a Nazi monkey.

And Zootopia isn't actually about animals; it's a hamfisted metaphor for race relations (an issue that is unique to humans only) that makes no damn sense because animals are naturally either "predator" or "prey" depending on the circumstances.

Avatar actually made sense for DAK, as the entire point of the movie was "don't mess up the environment with strip mining". And Avatar 2 was "don't mess up the environment by eating whale brains".

Disnutz311

Disney World Purist
The meltdowns that will ensue when casita turns out to be a meet and greet. I am concerned but cautiously optimistic.
LOL. True but I don't think that will be the case. Encanto is the new ride and Indy is the overlay. Carousel at a high level is off the shelf just modified. Disney Budget Brass likes the sound of 1 and 1/2 new rides and a spinner, better than three completely new ones.

SirLink

1. Guardians doesn't belong in Epcot. It never belonged in Epcot, and they had to rename Future World in a lame attempt to justify their bad decision.

2. Animal Kingdom's entire thesis is wildlife conservation. Coco doesn't deal with wildlife conservation, neither does Encanto.

And Zootopia isn't actually about animals; it's a hamfisted metaphor for race relations (an issue that is unique to humans only) that makes no damn sense because animals are naturally either "predator" or "prey" depending on the circumstances.

Avatar actually made sense for DAK, as the entire point of the movie was "don't mess up the environment with strip mining". And Avatar 2 was "don't mess up the environment by eating whale brains".

Someone never read the Indy books from the 90s he saves the last living Triceratops ;)

Thepuma

Guardians is a space theme film - How would that not fit in Space themed Epcot?

FettFan

Someone never read the Indy books from the 90s he saves the last living Triceratops ;)

I read Indiana Jones and the Interior World and it was terrible.

TLDR: Indy goes on a Journey to the Center of the Earth style adventure, but when he gets back, Marcus Brody convinces him he was actually on drugs the whole time and the adventure was a hallucination.

Suspirian

You know if the though is "Universal has Dinos so we should get rid of ours" then why not use Pleistocene animals? They even have Ice Age now. You could even tie Indy more into that since those animals actually interacted with humans.

999th Happy Haunt

Food for thought, maybe add dinosaur exhibits/education tables around the park showcasing fossils from the respective land they’re in? Africa and Asia have pretty unique fossil histories, and Carnotaurus IS a South American discovery. Put some of the popular American dinosaur fossils like T Rex (the Sue fossil in Dinoland right now) on Discovery Island and boom, dinosaurs are still part of AK without having to shoehorn them into an Indy attraction (which I still think could actually work if done right).

MadderAdder

Food for thought, maybe add dinosaur exhibits/education tables around the park showcasing fossils from the respective land they’re in? Africa and Asia have pretty unique fossil histories, and Carnotaurus IS a South American discovery. Put some of the popular American dinosaur fossils like T Rex (the Sue fossil in Dinoland right now) on Discovery Island and boom, dinosaurs are still part of AK without having to shoehorn them into an Indy attraction (which I still think could actually work if done right).
Could tie it into Wilderness Explorers.

FettFan

Guardians is a space theme film - How would that not fit in Space themed Epcot?

1. Epcot is about exploration, discovery and community not just "space".

2. GotG isn't even about "space". It's not even science fiction....it's space fantasy, full of magic rocks, space wizards, living planets, and talking animals.

MoonRakerSCM

Give me a themed area to a Colombian village with the attention to detail and care of the other areas of the park... toss in an Encanto attraction with a themed area to an idealized recreation of the 'rainbow river'

1694372531264.jpeg

1694372469813.jpeg

Throw in a nearby temple with Indiana Jones exploring some ancient ruins... and throw in some South American animal displays and an AMAZON ANIMAL TREK... and I'll be on board 10,000 percent.

SirLink

I read Indiana Jones and the Interior World and it was terrible.

TLDR: Indy goes on a Journey to the Center of the Earth style adventure, but when he gets back, Marcus Brody convinces him he was actually on drugs the whole time and the adventure was a hallucination.

Nope I was talking about the following book - Indiana Jones and the Dinosaur Eggs. The synopsis below:
Fresh from a ride on a Nazi submarine, Indiana Jones is persuaded by a beautiful missionary to search for her missing father in Mongolia. Professor Angus Starbuck has discovered a dinosaur bone in the Gobi Desert. But unlike other such discoveries, this bone isn't ancient! As Indy crosses from China through a treacherous mountain pass into Outer Mongolia, he runs afoul of the region's fiercest warlords. Meanwhile, the world's last innocent people, dwelling in a Stone Age paradise, are poised on the brink of destruction. Suddenly Indiana Jones is dueling wild dogs and bloodthirsty killers in a desperate effort to save the most historic discovery of the twentieth century: the last living triceratops!

Eric M Blake

You know if the though is "Universal has Dinos so we should get rid of ours" then why not use Pleistocene animals? They even have Ice Age now. You could even tie Indy more into that since those animals actually interacted with humans.
The funny thing is, I could EASILY see Manny, Sid, Diego, and Scrat added to Blizzard Beach. SEE: The opening sequence of Ice Age 2: The Meltdown. 😂

Sorcerer Mickey

How much are we betting they share a completely different Blue Sky concept to replace Dinoland this time next year?

“Encanto and Hocus Pocus are coming to Animal Kingdom!”

J4546

i kinda like the idea of spreading dinosaurs out over the park with seperate exhibits featuring the local dino era life in each continent....that would be pretty slick imo

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom