News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

celluloid

Do you really think JoW is a marketable attraction?
Well I did start the post you quoted saying if things go bad is it all they would have.

As others stated, it will be something in the montage of new marketable things like they have always done.
EPCOT will have Rat, Guardians and Moana.
MK will feature much of Tron
AK Avatar
HS Star Wars

Did you see it had its own segment on Good Morning America?
Do you think anything else new will be ready by Spring of next year?

Did you see what is in the parenthetical?

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

I think there is an effort internally to get things done faster. Since Iger's return I think we've been seeing EPCOT pick up a bit, Journey of Water was supposed to be fall of 2023 and it looks like it'll be open in days/weeks.

TBA looks like it's moving at "breakneck" pace for Disney.
I think TBAs rapid pace is probably due to the fact that they took a headliner offline for an extensive retheme. MK desperately needs the capacity back.
With the stock being smacked around and the street looking at parks as a place to invest I think Disney is looking to improve things for better quarterly reports. I think they are looking to build quickly and not play accounting games like they have over the last 5+ years.

The long building cycles to work with accounting cycles has caught up with them just like the extortion-like pricing of the parks/hotels.
I am optimistic about the future of the parks but the fact that they haven’t even broken ground on anything new or announced anything new yet is concerning. If they don’t announce anything new for WDW @ Destination D I’ll be even more concerned

jpinkc

I think TBAs rapid pace is probably due to the fact that they took a headliner offline for an extensive retheme. MK desperately needs the capacity back.

I am optimistic about the future of the parks but the fact that they haven’t even broken ground on anything new or announced anything new yet is concerning. If they don’t announce anything new for WDW @ Destination D I’ll be even more concerned
If they do announce something of substance, the worst part will be the Decade wait for it to be built.

JD80

100% if they don't knock it out of the park (pun intended) this fall then they are in trouble for the medium to long term.

MagicHappens1971

100% if they don't knock it out of the park (pun intended) this fall then they are in trouble for the medium to long term.
I have been vocal that I don’t think Epic will be the end all be all for Disney but if they choose to act the same way they did when Potter was being built then the parks division has more of a problem than I ever imagined.

Disney can not “sit on its laurels” as Universal expands its resort. Especially at the dramatic rate that they are. With How To Train Your Dragon & Super Mario, Universal will also be increasing the draw for families with younger children.

Disney needs to break ground on expansions for the Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom. ASAP.

MagicHappens1971

Another big difference at least from the outside looking in, I don’t know much about NBCUniversals operations but it doesn’t seem they treat their parks as an ATM for the rest of the company, as Disney does.

I don’t care if Indy is loosing money at the box office and D+ is loosing subscribers, if the parks are making money, they need to invest back into the parks. It’s common sense

Bocabear

Well I did start the post you quoted saying if things go bad is it all they would have.

As others stated, it will be something in the montage of new marketable things like they have always done.
EPCOT will have Rat, Guardians and Moana.
MK will feature much of Tron
AK Avatar
HS Star Wars

Did you see it had its own segment on Good Morning America?
Do you think anything else new will be ready by Spring of next year?

Did you see what is in the parenthetical?
So, Ratatouille (2 years old), Guardians ( 1 year old)and Moana are newer as is Tron...
Star Wars land is 4 years old and needs no more marketing splash...
So really, for current projects, they have Moana as something "new"... and a re-landscaped central core... What a fantastic celebration WDW's 50th anniversary was! I don't even think they had free cupcakes...lol

celluloid

So, Ratatouille (2 years old), Guardians ( 1 year old)and Moana are newer as is Tron...
Star Wars land is 4 years old and needs no more marketing splash...
So really, for current projects, they have Moana as something "new"... and a re-landscaped central core... What a fantastic celebration WDW's 50th anniversary was! I don't even think they had free cupcakes...lol

It's all so sad

SpectreJordan

I have been vocal that I don’t think Epic will be the end all be all for Disney but if they choose to act the same way they did when Potter was being built then the parks division has more of a problem than I ever imagined.

Disney can not “sit on its laurels” as Universal expands its resort. Especially at the dramatic rate that they are. With How To Train Your Dragon & Super Mario, Universal will also be increasing the draw for families with younger children.

Disney needs to break ground on expansions for the Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom. ASAP.
They need more for EPCOT & Hollywood Studios too. Build a new park's worth of expansions within the current 4 parks. If Disney was smart they'd be adding as many attractions to WDW as EU is opening with.

Bocabear

They need more for EPCOT & Hollywood Studios too. Build a new park's worth of expansions within the current 4 parks. If Disney was smart they'd be adding as many attractions to WDW as EU is opening with.
I think they believe nothing will disrupt their usual customer base and that everyone will gladly pay more and more for less and less...
A business should never rest on their laurels... They are no longer doing a lot of the things that made people fall in love with the Disney brand...
Maybe a very well received Epic Universe will drive that point home and bring Disney's Parks Division back to life. One can hope....

BrerFoxesBayouAdventure

I sincerely hope Epic, the HHN park in Vegas, and the family park in Texas is enough to scare Disney into taking advantage of all the space they have in Orlando and either expand AK/MGM or build an entirely new park.

Bocabear

I sincerely hope Epic, the HHN park in Vegas, and the family park in Texas is enough to scare Disney into taking advantage of all the space they have in Orlando and either expand AK/MGM or build an entirely new park.
I pray it is not another half-built park... They really need to finish fleshing out the parks they already have... MK is pretty complete, but EPCOT, DHS and Animal Kingdom all come up short... Finishing these parks would make a huge difference without starting another half-day park....

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
image-2.png
image-1.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom