News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

aladdin2007

I hope you’re right, I’ve said a couple times it will be nearly impossible to screw up this ride, unfortunately every time I say it Disney releases a statement that makes it sound like it’s being designed to deliver a message rather than being designed to be fun, and I start to worry again.
if the water tower and construction walls are any indication that certainly rings true as well...so far unfortunately.......

MerlinTheGoat

There's apparently attempts from some of the high ups in Imagineering to accelerate construction and get it open MUCH earlier. I have no idea if they'll get their way. Though it always sort of struck me as strange to target an opening around winter. Florida may be sweltering throughout most of the year, but it still dips well into freezing temperatures during winter months. Even 40-50 degree weather is less than many people would want to ride it at.

Tiana is a rethemed ride, not a new one. Even if Disney isn't capable of quite the speedy pace they demonstrated in the 1900s, they should still be able to get this project done much quicker than their imposed deadline. IF they want to. Most of Disney's perceived sluggishness is intentional, spreading out costs over multiple quarters/years makes the books appear more attractive to the money people. They could go a lot faster if they want to. This probably applies to Tiana as well. Two years might seem speedy for their usual standards, but again it's still just a retheme of an existing ride. They used to get entire parks built within 2-3 years.

yensidtlaw1969

There's apparently attempts from some of the high ups in Imagineering to accelerate construction and get it open MUCH earlier. I have no idea if they'll get their way. Though it always sort of struck me as strange to target an opening around winter. Florida may be sweltering throughout most of the year, but it still dips well into freezing temperatures during winter months. Even 40-50 degree weather is less than many people would want to ride it at.

Tiana is a rethemed ride, not a new one. Even if Disney isn't capable of quite the speedy pace they demonstrated in the 1900s, they should still be able to get this project done much quicker than their imposed deadline. IF they want to. Most of Disney's perceived sluggishness is intentional, spreading out costs over multiple quarters/years makes the books appear more attractive to the money people. They could go a lot faster if they want to. This probably applies to Tiana as well. Two years might seem speedy for their usual standards, but again it's still just a retheme of an existing ride. They used to get entire parks built within 2-3 years.
Building new often does go faster than retheming, though, or at least has the ability to - it takes extra time and effort to configure everything to be built within an existing structure than it does to simply build it in the order that would make the most logical sense. It can become more of a Ship in a Bottle project to retrofit existing construction.

I've said before how I think Disney's construction times have flown past excessive, but I'm not sure that really applies to Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I'd be pleased to be wrong, but since WDW's Splash only closed in January I don't think their announced timeline has a lot of bloat to it.

celluloid

Building new often does go faster than retheming, though, or at least has the ability to - it takes extra time and effort to configure everything to be built within an existing structure than it does to simply build it in the order that would make the most logical sense. It can become more of a Ship in a Bottle project to retrofit existing construction.

I've said before how I think Disney's construction times have flown past excessive, but I'm not sure that really applies to Tiana's Bayou Adventure. I'd be pleased to be wrong, but since WDW's Splash only closed in January I don't think their announced timeline has a lot of bloat to it.

It depends on how redone the inside is.

JoeCamel

I've thought this will be their new and shiny thing to be marketed in 2025 as an answer to Epic along with the multiple Epcot "upgrades". Might be all the :new" they can muster.

celluloid

A guess if things go bad:

Moana is going to have all of the marketing in 2024.(sad)

Tiana will have more of the marketing in late 2024 thru 2025.(kind of sadder when you think about it)

MagicHappens1971

A guess if things go bad:

Moana is going to have all of the marketing in 2024.(sad)

Tiana will have more of the marketing in late 2024 thru 2025.(kind of sadder when you think about it)
I can't see Tiana opening any later than Thanksgiving 2024. Unless a major hurricane delays construction this fall.

celluloid

Oh for sure. I just think Tiana will be part of the Holiday marketing push for 2024.

Possibly but I say slim. Water ride in a part of the year where it finally gets chilly in November and cold fronts in December(even when no cold fronts 60s and 50s in the lows. Holidays kind of sell themselves which is why major attractions are never pushed around this time as much as the following spring or summer before.

The real marketing push will come in 2025 when it is needed as the resort really has nothing lined up to combat the guests to be enticed to stay at WDW instead of onsite at Universal when Epic opens. Their days and nights will be fought for.

Then again, maybe things accellerated as Universal will have a new land area, Nighttime show and likely day parade all next year in 2024.

PREMiERdrum

It depends on how redone the inside is.
Moreso what's found when they got to work gutting. With WDI's heritage projects being so specialized in construction, there are unknowns behind every piece of rockwork. It's encouraging that the exterior has remained relatively intact thus far, but I'd love to see a few shots of the interior as current.

Disstevefan1

Do you really think JoW is a marketable attraction?
JoW is the absolute worst addition to EPCOT in the history of EPCOT.

There probably will be some marketing of JoW that coincides with Moana's live action remake.

I suspect Tiana will get a lot of marketing, because it's a great floom ride and so Disney can show the world they erased the racism to boost their ESG score.

Disstevefan1

Never underestimate Disney's ability to screw things up
Trophy.png

JD80

I think there is an effort internally to get things done faster. Since Iger's return I think we've been seeing EPCOT pick up a bit, Journey of Water was supposed to be fall of 2023 and it looks like it'll be open in days/weeks.

TBA looks like it's moving at "breakneck" pace for Disney.

With the stock being smacked around and the street looking at parks as a place to invest I think Disney is looking to improve things for better quarterly reports. I think they are looking to build quickly and not play accounting games like they have over the last 5+ years.

The long building cycles to work with accounting cycles has caught up with them just like the extortion-like pricing of the parks/hotels.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom