News Florida Division of Emergency Management warns against dangerously hot and humid conditions at Walt Disney World this week

Andrew25

Was at DAK yesterday... they really need to emphasize this with park guests. Signage/announcements and anything else that would let people know about this and their options for free water.

SeaWorld has a sign as soon as you walk in advising you of the Heat Index and the complimentary water available at any restaurant.

DisneyCane

Was at DAK yesterday... they really need to emphasize this with park guests. Signage/announcements and anything else that would let people know about this and their options for free water.

SeaWorld has a sign as soon as you walk in advising you of the Heat Index and the complimentary water available at any restaurant.
Agree that they should make the locations of water availability well known. When I was there 2 weeks ago and it was REALLY hot and humid there were some CMs at entrance and exit reminding people to drink a lot of water.

Andrew25

Agree that they should make the locations of water availability well known. When I was there 2 weeks ago and it was REALLY hot and humid there were some CMs at entrance and exit reminding people to drink a lot of water.

Unfortunately, most people tend to ignore CMs often. A simple sign pointing at a QSR location with "FREE WATER & ICE" will do much more than a reminder from a CM.

jeanericuser001

And this is why water rides are an incredible asset to any theme park. They instantly can go from least to most popular as soon as it gets hot enough. Too bad splash mountain is drier than thunder mountain railroad as the only ride that can legit get you wet at MK is pirates of the caribbean.

Touchdown

That’s why I don’t do Disney this time of year, I am at Universal but water rides that are far more soaking. Also USF has practically all indoor queues.

Andrew25

Common sense isn't all that common anymore, is it?

While I won't defend the lack of common sense in the modern-day world, I do think the parks do a horrendous job at not informing people of the availability of complimentary water.

I also think the parks are partially to blame when they ask guests to stand in lines all day without any sort of shade or A/C for significant portions of the day.

Lilofan

THIS.

Please, folks….
Don’t take any chances.

Hydrate regularly while on duty, especially our friends of the characters.
🙂

-
30 min on, 30 min off for the characters but in this heat its going to be more challenging. I would hope that would be more important paramedics on site due to more calls for distressed patients.

Andrew25

Does WDW have a limit to where they start to pull out characters from outside? I know there's a limit to how long they're out, but there's also gotta be a pre-determined max. temperature they can sustain/allow?

JoeCamel

Does WDW have a limit to where they start to pull out characters from outside? I know there's a limit to how long they're out, but there's also gotta be a pre-determined max. temperature they can sustain/allow?
I don't think so or at least they didn't 10 years ago when I saw them out on very hot days. They do try to keep to shady areas like momma moving locations around the castle in the mornings.
In Florida the actual temps are rarely triple digits but the feels like can exceed them so a hard temperature cutoff would be tough to implement.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
1688014858472.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom