News Florida Division of Emergency Management warns against dangerously hot and humid conditions at Walt Disney World this week

G00fyDad

We got back from a trip to Clearwater last week and it was miserable hot the whole time after it stopped raining that Wednesday. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were very hot and humid. So much so that it sucked your breath out as soon as you walked outside the resort.

JoeCamel

We got back from a trip to Clearwater last week and it was miserable hot the whole time after it stopped raining that Wednesday. Thursday, Friday and Saturday were very hot and humid. So much so that it sucked your breath out as soon as you walked outside the resort.
I would think I left my aqualung behind when I stepped out into that, like breathing water

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
That sounds like Hilton head in august…yuck

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
And Florida. In June, July, and August. This isn't a new weather thing and it is bonkers to me we have to remind grown adults it's hot and humid in Florida in the Summer. (At least half my trips have been between May and September.)
Yeah…I lived there

Doesn’t mean it’s still not getting worse…and sucks 😎

Nubs70

And Florida. In June, July, and August. This isn't a new weather thing and it is bonkers to me we have to remind grown adults it's hot and humid in Florida in the Summer. (At least half my trips have been between May and September.)
Spent a week in Madrid, Seville and Cordoba last June. 105 to 108 actual temp. No signs and no warnings. Lived to tell the tale.

Lilofan

Spent a week in Madrid, Seville and Cordoba last June. 105 to 108 actual temp. No signs and no warnings. Lived to tell the tale.
Europe is not as consistently pro active like our country. Never was, never will be. In the summer 2003, 14K dead in France mostly elderly from the heat wave.

Last edited:

Piebald

I've lived here all my life and this heat is much hotter than usual. Weather has been weird (at least in Orlando) lately too where it will either rain almost excessively beyond the usual summer 3 o clock storms or like today it is hotter than the sun with very little cloud coverage. It is getting worse every year since when I was a kid

Piebald

How anyone goes on a golf vacation in FL in these temps is brave. The gators have the right idea, keep cool in the water.
Right now you'd need to go at like 6am and even then it's warm out. I remember golfing in Winnipeg with coworkers in August and they were moaning and complaining (it was like 84). I laughed and told them we'd all be dead if we were doing the same thing in Florida at 2pm.

seabreezept813

I'm really surprised that when it gets this hot that Disney doesn't setup free water carts throughout the park. The cost would be negligible compared to the good will and health benefits. There is no reason they can't have carts setup giving out free bottles of water or even have every cast member grab 5 bottles on their way out of the tunnels to give away as they are at their location.
Be Our Guest used to have something like this.. a cart with a CM handing out cold waters before you went in ..

G00fyDad

I don't think anyone needed reminding. I knew full well before I went what it was going to be like. Still doesn't keep it from sucking.

G00fyDad

I would think I left my aqualung behind when I stepped out into that, like breathing water
It was rough but I still had a great time. Honestly, I am not a beach person by any stretch of the imagination. I am more of a northwest woods cabin sort of person. I actually stayed in the hotel room while my wife, son, and his GF went to the beach. It was a VERY nice hotel so it was just fine with me. The only time I went out was to go shopping or to get something to eat with the group.

thepirateking

They should build a park somewhere else. Our best Disney days have been the cold ones.

Or, keep the parks open much later. Much easier than the above, and then guests can choose when to visit. I would never go during the daylight if I had a choice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom