News Florida Division of Emergency Management warns against dangerously hot and humid conditions at Walt Disney World this week

LSLS

Does WDW have a limit to where they start to pull out characters from outside? I know there's a limit to how long they're out, but there's also gotta be a pre-determined max. temperature they can sustain/allow?

I know I worked on an emergency response site in TN like 5 years ago where we had to have hazmat suits (luckily I wasn't one needing to go in), and we actually had a weather station on site, and then had to input that data into a sheet to tell us the number of minutes people were allowed to work before being pulled out for the next team. On days like what they are forecasting, it was legit about 10 minutes of actual work each hour, and we had supplied air. Doesn't mean Disney does, but I feel like they'd be crazy not to honestly.

donaldtoo

We’ve had high temps from about 101-106 recently, with “real feels” as high as 117.
Our static record high is 112, in both 2000 and 2011. 2011 is also a record year for us, with 90 days at or above 100 static degrees.
After a quick search, I can’t find what the “real feels” were (and don’t remember) for those two 112 degree days.
Fortunately, I don’t work outside.

lazyboy97o

While I won't defend the lack of common sense in the modern-day world, I do think the parks do a horrendous job at not informing people of the availability of complimentary water.
The parks all have multiple drinking fountains available. People being afraid of them isn’t really their fault.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
From someone who visited last august on a business trip and pretty sure I sweat more than I ever had in my life, everyone please stay out of the sun where possible and hydrate.

and don’t get mad because you’re miserable and fight people lol

MrMichaelJames

I'm really surprised that when it gets this hot that Disney doesn't setup free water carts throughout the park. The cost would be negligible compared to the good will and health benefits. There is no reason they can't have carts setup giving out free bottles of water or even have every cast member grab 5 bottles on their way out of the tunnels to give away as they are at their location.

Lilofan

I'm really surprised that when it gets this hot that Disney doesn't setup free water carts throughout the park. The cost would be negligible compared to the good will and health benefits. There is no reason they can't have carts setup giving out free bottles of water or even have every cast member grab 5 bottles on their way out of the tunnels to give away as they are at their location.
I can see some indoor shows being delayed. Case in point , when we were there the American Adventure show pre show that runs continuous was delayed. At the post show exit area, hundreds of guests did not want to leave the building after seeing the theatre show because of the strong rain storms outside. I can see guests not wanting to go outside in heat index 106 degrees this Sunday after seeing the AA show thus delaying the shows for guests trying to see the show.

Ricky Spanish

I’m a big water drinker but sometimes that Florida fountain water kinda sucks.
These help a lot in the summer heat.
I add 1 to 32oz of water and it helps.
B5753FA4-72FD-4844-BD0A-F982DAE32442.jpeg

tissandtully

They do this. Not bottled water, but free cups of water.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Drinking fountains at MK are one way I know I'm there. Mmmm... sulfur-laced water... :) (I'm serious, I'm one of the few who actually look forward to that taste, it's one thing that reassures me that I'm there)

People need to stay hydrated, and it's certainly on Disney to make sure people know where they can get water. And... It's Florida in the summer. It's going to be hot. Damn hot. Real hot. To not be prepared for the heat is foolish, but I understand how some forget in their mad rush to do everything.

5thGenTexan

Does WDW have a limit to where they start to pull out characters from outside? I know there's a limit to how long they're out, but there's also gotta be a pre-determined max. temperature they can sustain/allow?

I didn't time it, but we were waiting to see Pooh and Tigger on June 16 just by the Pooh ride and they were going to check on the bees and honeypots or whatever about every 15 minutes. I think we went through 3 cycles of that. So, they were rotating pretty fast and on schedule.

DisneyFanatic12

They actually have complementary ice water year round, at all quick service and at many snack carts. When it’s real hot they do set out jugs of ice water randomly throughout the parks.

Lilofan

They actually have complementary ice water year round, at all quick service and at many snack carts. When it’s real hot they do set out jugs of ice water randomly throughout the parks.
Back in the day , baby care at DHS had a few rocking chairs where moms can rock their little ones to sleep in cold AC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom