2 bad changes that Disneyworld has made that most of you havent noticed!!!

Disneyworldpirate

Original Poster
The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this

MagicRat

IMG_0869.gif

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Some resorts/rooms don’t come with microwaves. I remember years ago staying in a value we could request a microwave.

We go to WDW somewhat frequently and haven’t had any condiment hurdles or mayonnaise vaults yet. The one issue we’ve had is certain locations selling coffee yet no real milk or cream. Only non-dairy creamer offered. No thanks lol.

Bathrooms always have soap and water. I guess people who prefer sanitizer might have issues but most of them carry too.

Haven’t seen trash all over either. A couple years ago we did see an overflowing trash can inside the 7DMT ride line.

JoeCamel

The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this
You didn't get the memo? Stay at moderate or better and eat at table service you peasant! Bob needs the money!

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
I don’t remember moderates having microwaves either. The value family suites have them. Actually I think it’s mostly DVC who have the microwaves because they have the little kitchenettes with toaster/coffeemaker/microwave/sink. Even the deluxe cash side rooms don’t have microwaves. When they recently flipped Grand Floridian building they did not add in kitchenettes so those studios are the rare DVC room without microwave.

JoeCamel

I don’t remember moderates having microwaves either. The value family suites have them. Actually I think it’s mostly DVC who have the microwaves because they have the little kitchenettes with toaster/coffeemaker/microwave/sink. Even the deluxe cash side rooms don’t have microwaves. When they recently flipped Grand Floridian building they did not add in kitchenettes so those studios are the rare DVC room without microwave.
Weird, every roadside hotel has a fridge and microwave in the room. I guess Disney want's that sweet food court cash

Vacationeer

In the Parks
No
Weird, every roadside hotel has a fridge and microwave in the room. I guess Disney want's that sweet food court cash
The food courts have microwaves open to all. I think it might come down to not wanting people stinking/smoking the place up cooking all kind of meals in the room microwaves. Sure it helps the bottom line but I think operations is a bigger concern. Just another headache and thing to clean. So WDW doesn’t want to make it default (outside DVC, ‘home away from home’, yadda..), but you can request like we did to for baby’s milk. The value room family suites and DVC have microwaves as default, with exception of the new GFV resort room Big Pine Key building.

Some other places we’ve gotten microwave and others not. Most recently was Niagara Falls Hilton - no microwave.

BuddyThomas

People are avoiding Disney because they don’t have fire hazard microwaves in hotel rooms and they can’t grab 5,000 mayonnaise packets at Cosmic Rays. Got it. 🙄

Disneyhead'71

What hotels are you guys staying in that have microwaves in the room?

Honestly have not seen one yet.
I stayed at Avanti International Resort on I-Drive this past Sat. night for $81/night.

The room had a microwave and a fridge.

Screenshot-20230522-234303-Chrome.jpg

And this is me in the room. A pretty standard double queen room (sorry, no shot of the microwave).

20230520-215139.jpg

I actually think in room microwaves were more common 5-10 years ago. I am seeing less in the past 5 years. There is usually a microwave available somewhere, just no longer in each room.

Last edited:

JoeCamel

What hotels are you guys staying in that have microwaves in the room?

Honestly have not seen one yet.
Roadside chains, good for one night but try to leave before light so you don't see the backside which is why the amazement that Disney won't have at least that amenity these lesser operators offer

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom