2 bad changes that Disneyworld has made that most of you havent noticed!!!

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Staying at the JW Marriott in Chicago for business at the end of the week, if there isn’t a microwave in the room I am going to rage. 5 star hotels must have microwaves!
Well, you're going to be raging as their website lists a mini fridge, but no microwave in the room. Oh, and if you want breakfast, that'll cost you an additional $24.

Laura

Premium Member
Everyone is picking on the OP, but they actually have a legitimate complaint in there. 😳

The condiment situation is real. 😬 And it is really aggravating because it’s such a simple and inexpensive thing to get right. When I went to Cosmic Ray’s on May 11th I ordered a grilled chicken sandwich and then spent quite some time going from one condiment station to the next in search of some mayo. Mayo did not exist. They had tubs upon tubs of ketchup and barbecue sauce, but they couldn’t put out any mayo? I know it’s such a small stupid thing but it irked me big time, and my dinner ended up being a dry chicken breast on a burger bun. 😑 I hoped it was a single day “mayo shortage” 🙄 but it sounds like not.

This is not my first condiment complaint. A couple months ago I ordered a burger and fries at Backlot Express and there was no ketchup anywhere. I asked a CM and they matter of factly said they didn’t have ketchup at Hollywood Studios that day. Seriously? So I ate my $13 burger dry, which was worse than the dry chicken sandwich at Cosmic Ray’s.

These are just my recent condiment-specific issues. The full list of counter service issues I’ve experienced in recent months is longer.

I am not a huge complainer. As Disney Parks evolves into whatever money-hungry monstrosity it has decided to become, I still find ways to enjoy the heck out of the place and try to ignore the negativity. But the one area that has specifically ticked me off in 2023 is what has happened to the counter service establishments. I have frequented WDW for over 40 years and never experienced such frustration. In fact, in the past, I actually enjoyed visiting the counter service places. If there is one thing I can’t stand, it’s the feeling of being ripped off. When you pay that much for “dry meat on a bun” there is a built in expectation that there will be some sort of extremely basic topping you can add to give it some flavor, and when you have already paid for you food and learn that there is no such topping, it is disappointing.

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
The food courts have microwaves open to all. I think it might come down to not wanting people stinking/smoking the place up cooking all kind of meals in the room microwaves.

That would be a very logical explanation. Plus, people tend to be quite inconsiderate when it comes to microwave use (improperly/not covering food while cooking) which can lead to dirty microwaves and once you have a microwave with cooked on food splatter, it can take a bit to properly clean it up. I can imagine a situation where it was either taking cleaning too long to clean all those microwaves or where cleaning wasn't properly cleaning microwaves and they had lots of complaints from the next guests to use the room.

We stayed at Coronado a few years ago and I don't recall that one having a microwave (though if it did, we likely wouldn't have used it as we were on the Deluxe Dining plan and had no reason to bring home leftovers... we were getting so much food we knew we wouldn't eat the leftovers anyways). We stayed at AoA in a Nemo suite on our last trip and I'm reasonably confident I remember that one having a microwave. Staying at AKL this year in a two bedroom suite with a full kitchen so we'll for sure have a microwave this time.

S.I.R. the Robot

In the Parks
No
Thank god I only stay at the value resorts and haven't fulfilled my dream of staying at Port Orleans Riverside (though didn't I only wanna stay there because it was near DisneyQuest??)

Out of desperation after a long day at MK a month ago, Husband and I had a meal at Cosmic Rays. The thing that irritated me the most and didn't make sense was they were the only establishment we have encountered in many trips to the Parks, that did not have lids for the cups. I understand this happening at AK and for good reason, but Cosmic Rays?!

I did not have an issue with the condiments, everything needed was at the condiment bar.

castlecake2.0

The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this
Microwaves are available in all Resort hotel food courts as well as upon request in your room based on availability.

Ayla

It’s pretty common. I’ve stayed in a Comfort Inn, Clairion, Hampton Inn, and Hilton Garden Inn in the past 2 weeks and they’ve all had microwaves.
The hotel we're in tonight has one (not a chain) and the hotel we're staying in Fri, Sat and Sun nights has one, too (Staybridge Suites). That's my 2019 Flower and Garden Tervis cup on the left.

Attachments

• 0E7BAF62-6A80-44D3-AE2D-AD169CB4A3CA.jpeg
    0E7BAF62-6A80-44D3-AE2D-AD169CB4A3CA.jpeg
    81.5 KB · Views: 32

Lilofan

What hotels are you guys staying in that have microwaves in the room?

Honestly have not seen one yet.
From DE to FL, motel chains off of I-95 pretty much many rooms have a microwave, the all u can eat hot/cold breakfast in the lobby one can bring in the room and reheat, take out fast food and reheat in room

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom