2 bad changes that Disneyworld has made that most of you havent noticed!!!

dreday3

If the OP swaps 'mayonnaise packets or sauces' with the word 'straws', I might buy into some of the statements made. Another hot take of mine is that the hate for passholders is pure fantasy.

Oh man, those paper straws are awful. I was so happy to come home to plastic. 😄

I get why they use them, so I don't understand why all of them don't have the straws made of sugar cane(?) which were great. They didn't get wet and melt or have a taste to them. But I only found one place with that used those, the coffee kiosk outside of AK. Everyone else gave paper straws.

Nubs70

Oh man, those paper straws are awful. I was so happy to come home to plastic. 😄

I get why they use them, so I don't understand why all of them don't have the straws made of sugar cane(?) which were great. They didn't get wet and melt or have a taste to them. But I only found one place with that used those, the coffee kiosk outside of AK. Everyone else gave paper straws.
You do not want paper straws that do not get wet. Wet strength chemicals are nasty chemicals. Eventhough the FDA claims the chemicals are "safe for food contact" in applied concentrations, the residual components are not good.

CaptainAmerica

I'm honestly shocked that people are framing microwaves as an amenity that's meant to be an indicator of a quality hotel.

When I think of a relaxing vacation experience, the last thing I think about is the ability to reheat leftovers in a paper takeout box so I can eat them with a plastic fork sitting on the edge of my bed like a depressed bachelor.

JoeCamel

I'm honestly shocked that people are framing microwaves as an amenity that's meant to be an indicator of a quality hotel.

When I think of a relaxing vacation experience, the last thing I think about is the ability to reheat leftovers in a paper takeout box so I can eat them with a plastic fork sitting on the edge of my bed like a depressed bachelor.
I never said anything about quality

JoeCamel

DVC has gone back and added microwaves to the Resort Studios in Big Pine Key.
I'm not surprised. One of the big hooks of DVC is that it is sold as a way to save on your vacation and people that bite are looking for ways to save on the vacay. Not all DVC but a good portion of them and a microwave is a cheap way to give them a chance to think they are saving. It is part of the character

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No

A lot of people on this forum make up stuff to push the idea that Disney hotels are lesser, when it's simply a Figment of their imagination. No hotel I've stayed in within the last 5 years has had a microwave, from the luxury hotel I stayed in for two nights in Seattle to the "roadside" chain hotel. I can't think of a single recent change that's been made at Disney that is so offensive it affects my enjoyment. Guess I'm just a pathetic pixie dust snorting simp for the evil corporation lol.

JIMINYCR

Cant ever remember using a microwave in my resort room. If its gone then I have more shelf room which there is always too little of. As far as missing mayo.... now I cant mix up my mayo packet with free water to make free mayo soup.
Of all the posted gripes, these are the last things that would keep me from booking my trip back.

CaptainAmerica

A lot of people on this forum make up stuff to push the idea that Disney hotels are lesser, when it's simply a Figment of their imagination. No hotel I've stayed in within the last 5 years has had a microwave, from the luxury hotel I stayed in for two nights in Seattle to the "roadside" chain hotel. I can't think of a single recent change that's been made at Disney that is so offensive it affects my enjoyment. Guess I'm just a pathetic pixie dust snorting simp for the evil corporation lol.
I'm a simp for the parks and a complete hater for just about every piece of media they put out, so I'm a man without a tribe.

The loss of Magical Express has been the one cut that really stung me. All the other changes I either liked, shrugged off, or forgave because of COVID.

Mireille

Premium Member
If the OP swaps 'mayonnaise packets or sauces' with the word 'straws', I might buy into some of the statements made. Another hot take of mine is that the hate for passholders is pure fantasy.
I got a little keychain that holds a reusable, collapsible silicone straw. I just attach it to my backpack and it's there for me all day. Lifesaver because yes, paper straws suck, but plastic straws are just so incredibly wasteful and of course in AK, dangerous.

Mireille

Premium Member
One, I've never stayed in a hotel with a microwave. Refrigerator, yeah, I can't think of a room without one, but never had a room with a microwave so I wouldn't miss it if it's not there. And also, if nobody has noticed these things, how is it driving down attendance? (And they must have made the change with sauce packets after last October because when I ate there I got a fistful of ketchup and mayo from the fixings bar.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom