2 bad changes that Disneyworld has made that most of you havent noticed!!!

MagicRat

From DE to FL, motel chains off of I-95 pretty much many rooms have a microwave, the all u can eat hot/cold breakfast in the lobby one can bring in the room and reheat, take out fast food and reheat in room
You don’t even realize you just answered your own problems with the criticism. The “off I-95” hotels are rooms for travelers to get some rest, do their thing and move on down the road. I am not saying they are junk hotels but they are serving a purpose. They have served my purpose as well.

How well would that go over with a holiday inn select setup at the parks? Some would say pretty well but then come on here complaining that magic is gone and look what they are doing by cheapening the experience.

You can’t have it both ways!

Lilofan

You don’t even realize you just answered your own problems with the criticism. The “off I-95” hotels are rooms for travelers to get some rest, do their thing and move on down the road. I am not saying they are junk hotels but they are serving a purpose. They have served my purpose as well.

How well would that go over with a holiday inn select setup at the parks? Some would say pretty well but then come on here complaining that magic is gone and look what they are doing by cheapening the experience.

Microwave serves many purposes like I described regardless of type of hotel.

NickMaio

The first one is they took out microwaves out of some of the hotels now to save money. The other one is they don't give out condiments anymore at some restaurants. Cosmic Ray's no longer gives out mayonnaise packets or sauces!!! You have to find a cast member and ask them for it and they have to unlock a door to give them to you. Such a shame Disney is hoarding sauces and not giving us microwaves at hotels. No wonder I see less people in the parks and they can't sell out annual passes. Not to mention the hand sanitizer dispensers are almost always empty and I see alot more trash around the park on the ground. Disney never used to be like this
It's cheap and lame.

2 things that WDW was not really connected with, in the past.

MagicRat

I don’t know much about the mayo pack situation but I do know around the resorts they are flush with Ken’s dressing packets and I am talking the big boys with different options, ranch, blue cheese, caesar! You can take three at a time or whatever you can get your mittens on if your caloric intake allows, load it up!

TrainsOfDisney

I’m sorry what would people complain about? I don’t understand your point at all.

MickeyLuv'r

From DE to FL, motel chains off of I-95 pretty much many rooms have a microwave, the all u can eat hot/cold breakfast in the lobby one can bring in the room and reheat, take out fast food and reheat in room
We sometimes use it to heat a warm compress. (opposite of a cold pack).
They can be used to heat a steam sterilizer bag, which is used to sterilize baby bottles and some small medical equipment.

MickeyLuv'r

A great many people stay offsite when visiting WDW. I think all of the hotels in the new Flamingo Crossings hotels have microwaves.

I don't use them very often, but it is an amenity I appreciate having.

MagicRat

Cool. Thanks for explaining :) haha.

Also… my current hotel in California 5 minute walk from Disneyland ($90 on Priceline!) has a microwave and refrigerator as well as premium in room coffee.
Is there someone making meth in the room next door :)? You can also pull up your sleeping van next door to a multimillion dollar house in Malibu when you are ready for some beach time.

Disone

I don’t remember moderates having microwaves either. The value family suites have them. Actually I think it’s mostly DVC who have the microwaves because they have the little kitchenettes with toaster/coffeemaker/microwave/sink. Even the deluxe cash side rooms don’t have microwaves. When they recently flipped Grand Floridian building they did not add in kitchenettes so those studios are the rare DVC room without microwave.
The Grand Floridians Resort studios do have microwaves in them.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom