News Bob Iger outlines the need to transform the Walt Disney Company resulting in 7000 job losses and $5.5 billion in cost savings

hopemax

There were people who then and still to thjs day attempt to say that is not what happened.

Ridiculous. They need to have some dignity
I actually had a bit more appreciation for Iger because of that. On the day that Nancy Messonnier made her "disruption to everyday life may be severe," statement that got her sidelined, he was out the door. It took a lot longer for many, many others to recognize that reality and take any action. Over time I've raised his grade for "ability to recognize key problems," while continuing to give him a low grade for "ability to develop and implement effective solutions to key problems." When he talks about things, I usually feel like, "Yes, you do recognize there is a problem here." Followed by a Luke-scream "NOOOOOOO!" when he starts talking about fixing it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not saying Chapek was perfect he made a lot of questionable decisions and always seemed to have his foot in his mouth. However Iger is getting a lot of passes for doing the same stuff Chapek was or planed to do. An example The layoffs when Chapek announced them he got crucified, Iger not so much.
I watch a few movie pundits and when Chapek mentioned cutting cost with Disney plus shows the argument was " Iger knows you got to invest in shows to build your service he wouldn't cut budgets or cancel shows. He let the creative people do their job he knows that's how you make your money." Now that Iger said they're working on cutting cost and spending less the tone is " Iger realizes that you can't just spend money on stuff people won't watch this is healthy and something that needs to be done in order for Disney to thrive." As I said Chapek wasn't perfect and made questionable decisions but he was the boogeyman because he wasn't Iger.
Chapek was responsible for almost nothing. I think those with a relatively open mind can follow the sequence of events…to say nothing of almost 20 years of “management” history…to piece together the truth on this one

Jrb1979

ehh.. changes were happening almost immediately.

You still haven't outlined what you expected to happen in this timeframe.
Maybe some urgency in a response to Epic Universe. Actually announce they are going through with those blue sky stuff. Instead of saying $17 billion is coming actually say what is coming. Actions speak louder than words.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Maybe some urgency in a response to Epic Universe. Actually announce they are going through with those blue sky stuff. Instead of saying $17 billion is coming actually say what is coming. Actions speak louder than words.
So because they aren't telling you long term plans... you take that as 'neglect'. Your interpretation is... interesting.

MagicHappens1971

If Disney was concerned about Epic Universe they would’ve broken ground last year on some new projects.

BlakeW39

If you check over on the zootopia at DAK thread... it's looking some of that 'blue sky stuff' may be after all. Not that I ever doubted it.

Jrb1979

If Disney was concerned about Epic Universe they would’ve broken ground last year on some new projects.
It's going to end up biting them.
So because they aren't telling you long term plans... you take that as 'neglect'. Your interpretation is... interesting.
Sorry. For all the hype the pixie dusters had for Iger he hasn't shown much of anything. I'm sorry but the parks need capacity desperately. None of these things coming really are anything to get excited about.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The man's point is solid!
View attachment 715871
tomorrow.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom