The World's Most Magical Celebration - Walt Disney World's 50th anniversary

thundermtnGOAT

Exactly! I wonder if it was costs or other reasons as far as why it didn’t happen?
My guess is that there is an issue with the fact that Magic Kingdom's moat uses natural water whereas the international castle parks use lagoons with no connection to natural bodies of water. The water can be treated easily. There is likely some health concerns with spraying untreated Florida water in the air that close to guests. But again, that is just a guess. Seems to be the only difference between them.

EPCOT has the benefit of platforms that likely account for that OR the distance renders it a non-issue.

Bocabear

My guess is that there is an issue with the fact that Magic Kingdom's moat uses natural water whereas the international castle parks use lagoons with no connection to natural bodies of water. The water can be treated easily. There is likely some health concerns with spraying untreated Florida water in the air that close to guests. But again, that is just a guess. Seems to be the only difference between them.

EPCOT has the benefit of platforms that likely account for that OR the distance renders it a non-issue.
The moat water system connects to the Tomorrowland pond and over to the Jungle cruise...they used to have a dam between the systems and they would dye the Jungle Cruise water... But that is all a closed system unlike the Rivers Of America which connects to Seven Seas Lagoon/Bay Lake... So the water was not the issue...it was undoubtedly cost they did not want to spend...and DLP said Yes! Please!... Sad they could not find the money to make it happen in their American Flagship park...

Brian

The MK moat is also sunken down(not at street level) and fountains would be difficult to see. You’d only see the upper half of the jets. It isn’t seen as a worthwhile investment.
There's also a law of diminishing returns when it comes to adding show elements to castle shows. HEA has already reached the peak, in my opinion, in that there's more than enough going on during the show that it can stand on it's own without pyro.

Fountains would just add to an already rather chaotic (in terms of the number of things going on) presentation.

TTA94

The MK moat is also sunken down(not at street level) and fountains would be difficult to see. You’d only see the upper half of the jets. It isn’t seen as a worthwhile investment.

That’s true. Unless they filled it in to make that area higher or did some kind of platform type thing that could rise up for the shows. I guess if there’s a will there’s a way. Maybe at some point in the future.

Brian

No progress on the castle decor removal overnight Thursday into Friday. Did they make 'May the Fourth' a company holiday? ;)

But in all seriousness, perhaps I'm misremembering, I could've sworn once they started putting the decor up, they worked every weekday night until it was done.

jrhwdw

Walls are apparently up behind the castle today for the crane needed to remove the gold ribbons from the turrets.
Yup!!!! I'm getting Castle Dreamlights Vibes!!!!!! Can talk TDO into Year Round Castle Dreamlights while the Crane is there???????????

TTA94

It’s a bit early for Dream Lights but there apparently are discussions regarding the need to upgrade Christmas offerings over last year and lights on the castle are an option.

Is there a possibility the Dream Lights could return this year? Or more like next year?

TTA94

Oh there's a possibility. Is there a likelihood is probably what you really need to ask.

If they were going to you’d think they would install them after their finished removing the remaining 50th decor and while the most is drained.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
The moat doesn’t really matter. If the crane were going to stay for a full repainting, I’d agree.
Re-paint and get rid of the awful pink???

Cat Please GIF by Atinum

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom