News 'Beyond Big Thunder Mountain' Blue Sky concept revealed for Magic Kingdom

lazyboy97o

The arcades were put into DLPR because of the weather that Paris 'enjoys'. It was designed for people to shelter from rain.
That’s why they are covered instead of being something like International Street. The desirability of allowing people to bypass crowding on Main Street was still recognized.

There are access roads all around the Magic Kingdom. EMT and Fire & Rescue can easily get to almost any area of the park.
More than most. Fire trucks have to be able to access every new building.

Bocabear

Would it be feasible to create a back "Exit Only" transportation hub to help with the end of night crowding? If only there were a Monorail/People Mover type transportation system system added that would link to the front of the park and to the TTC... Elevated train like Tokyo Disneyland Resort?

KingMickey13

ok, ummmm Yeah, so we are not getting Mario. So do we think the expansion beyond Big Thunder would actually happen or was this just filler for D23?
It’s been mentioned that it’s definitely happening by insiders. With the 17 billion budget thing announced (we all know it won’t be that much in the end but it’s still a substantial amount) it’s certainly possible!

SplashJacket

Posting this in the appropritate thread:
1681491334703.png

According to this rumor, New Orleans would take over the western side of Frontierland, and Liberty Square would manifest its destiny westward. Big Thunder Mountian would be absorbed into a new joint land with Coco, which would transition to a more forested Encanto area before entering a villain's land that would terminate at Haunted Mansion.

Perfect, this sounds like a perfect plan to me and the perfect execution of the overarching idea.

Very excited now, especially since this seems to be far less blue sky than previously suggested.

Additional useful post to help visualize the space, especially with how big it is:

Last edited:

KingMickey13

Posting this in the appropritate thread:View attachment 710330
According to this rumor, New Orleans would take over the western side of Frontierland, and Liberty Square would manifest its destiny westward. Big Thunder Mountian would be absorbed into a new joint land with Coco, which would transition to a more forested Encanto area before entering a villain's land that would terminate at Haunted Mansion.

Perfectly, this sounds like a perfect plan to me and the perfect execution of the overarching idea.

Very excited now, especially since this seems to be far less blue sky than previously suggested.

Additional useful post to help visualize the space, especially with how big it is:

Brayden usually only says what’s almost confirmed, so I think this is definitely credible. It also aligns perfectly with what we’ve been hearing for months now.

gerarar

Premium Member
Wasn't there something about the proximity of these lands to the firework launch zones? Like the placement of Encantoland for example.
Encanto/Coco are still pretty far away from the main fireworks launch area. Villians land would be right against it, so it might become like a Toontown-closure situation in DL.

It is in the way of one of the perimeters (#4), so they may have to move that one further back, probably along the outer service road. But they also just refurbished this one, which doesn't make much sense to just move it when they had the opportunity to do so.
20230211_080712.jpg

MagicHappens1971

Encanto/Coco are still pretty far away from the main fireworks launch area. Villians land would be right against it, so it might become like a Toontown-closure situation in DL.

It is in the way of one of the perimeters (#4), so they may have to move that one further back, probably along the outer service road. But they also just refurbished this one, which doesn't make much sense to just move it when they had the opportunity to do so.
View attachment 710353
Gotcha, I had made this more spread out + ambitious layout for the lands so that may have been why I got that response. Closing Villains Land at night would definitely
Rough.png
not be ideal.

yensidtlaw1969

Gotcha, I had made this more spread out + ambitious layout for the lands so that may have been why I got that response. Closing Villains Land at night would definitelyView attachment 710354 not be ideal.

It sounds like they aren't planning on building as far East as you've labeled here - although I wish they would, because the best and most logical connection point to Villains Land is through Fantasyland by passing Gaston's Tavern. The second best thematic point would be past The Haunted Mansion, which sounds like part of the plan, but in my dreams Villains wraps all the way behind Mansion and Small World over to Gaston's.

Build some sort of spooky Cave system if you must, Disney. Go for that indoor/permanent nighttime idea that's always been bandied about if that's what it takes to prevent the land from closing during the Fireworks. A Villains Land in MK without a connection to Fantasyland - especially when such a solid thematic connection point already exists - would be a misstep.

MagicHappens1971

Why would Coco and Encanto each need this much space? They're each one ride max, not independent lands.
As I mentioned it was a more ambitious idea, but I think it was assumed that there would be at least 1 dining location (either TSR or QSR). M&G's, Merch Locations, as well as either a TSR or QSR, and a well-done attraction(s) could take up a solid amount of space, maybe not this much, but, I digress.

James Alucobond

I tend to imagine them like Cars Lands. Both properties could offer a variety of things beyond a single attraction. Food, merch, etc
But that's not really what the artwork suggests. We can see their idea for the area centers on a single, unified plaza surrounded by Casita, Pantéon Santa Cecilia, a path to the villain area, and probably some shops/dining, but Encanto and Coco don't each get their own isolated areas.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom