PRIDE: Community

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
This week I became the first openly gay teacher to win teacher of the year at my school, and possibly in my district. Living and working in rural North Carolina, it’s a nice honor to be recognized by my peers (even if I know some of them don’t “agree” with who I am). It’s so important to me to live in work in a district like this, giving queer representation because it makes a huge impact in young folks lives. Anyway, sorry to brag but I wanted to share! 🏳️‍🌈

Figgy1

Premium Member
This week I became the first openly gay teacher to win teacher of the year at my school, and possibly in my district. Living and working in rural North Carolina, it’s a nice honor to be recognized by my peers (even if I know some of them don’t “agree” with who I am). It’s so important to me to live in work in a district like this, giving queer representation because it makes a huge impact in young folks lives. Anyway, sorry to brag but I wanted to share! 🏳️‍🌈
Share Discover GIF

Figgy1

Premium Member

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The separate thread for this had about 5 pages of posts removed and then locked.

Beware. ;)

TP2000

From the Pacific Northwest comes this sad news... Darcelle XV has passed away today at age 92. :(

God bless her, and God bless Mr. Cole for bringing Darcelle to life for us for so many decades!

FYI for those who've never lived in the Pacific Northwest- Darcelle was a drag queen in Portland, and one of the most famous drag queens on the West Coast for decades. She opened her drag revue bar, called Darcelle XV Showplace, in a then-seedy area of old town Portland in 1967. By the 1970's it was a popular cabaret nightclub for gay and straight audiences looking for a fun and wacky (and quite bawdy!) night out. She was truly a class act, heavily involved in charity work, and was beloved in the Rose City. Darcelle's nightclub was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 2017.

tcool123

Which thread? Not sure I even saw it.
Spit balling here, but I think it may have been a thread regarding the recent travel advisories that have been placed on Florida due to their recent treatment, oppression and laws targeting minorities.

I think this was the piece of news, a different article:

@BuddyThomas feel free to correct me if I'm wrong

BuddyThomas

Spit balling here, but I think it may have been a thread regarding the recent travel advisories that have been placed on Florida due to their recent treatment, oppression and laws targeting minorities.

I think this was the piece of news, a different article:

@BuddyThomas feel free to correct me if I'm wrong
That’s the one. No one made any offensive comments at the time I saw it. I am completely baffled.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom