News Announced: Mary Poppins Attraction in UK Pavilion

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
Aye. But the folks behind Frozen 2 specifically selected Sugar Maple. Sugar Maple is primarily found in Quebec and the Maritime Provinces.

maxresdefault.jpg

For comparison, here are the Sugar Maple leaf on the left vs. the Norway Maple on the right:

2000.jpeg

Just like the leaf Olaf is holding, the Sugar Maple has 5 leaf tips, compared to the Norway Maple’s 7.

Hold your horses, its not as binary as counting lobes, Sugar Maple only has 5, while Norway can have 5 to 7.

1679242576970.png

FettFan

This may be a situation similar to why so many animated characters only have four fingers... easier to draw.

And yet they didn’t shy away from animating the volcanic pebble beach when Elsa goes to Iceland.
Hold your horses, its not as binary as counting lobes, Sugar Maple only has 5, while Norway can have 5 to 7.

View attachment 704807

Possible, but I’m still fairly certain that the bulk of the movie is that the Frozen crew travels westward from Norway to Iceland to Canada.

Because we all know that Canada is a lifetime journey for the traveler. 😁
Likely just a case of: "Need him holding a leaf. What do we have in our assets catalog that'll work?"

I don’t know. Disney has always maintained high standards for little details, even if the budget got Bobbed.

Epcot82Guy

To be fair, when you insert a movie to be the main attraction to represent the culture in a park that represents various countries of the world and their respective cultures - you shouldn't have to have seen the movie. Otherwise, it's fair to criticize how it fits into World Showcase.

Your criticism makes sense in a lot of theme park contexts. But, they are using the location as the sole reason it fits in the park, so it should be fair game for anyone who has seen the film or not, I would argue.

(And, yes, I have seen all of the Frozen films.)

Eric Graham

I would love to see a Mary Poppins ride in the UK. I loved Saving Mr Banks. By the way, my family is from Scotland and England. When I visited Scotland, I unfortunately did not see the Loch Ness Monster. I would encourage everyone if they have a chance to visit those two countries because they are very beautiful and the people are so nice.

wannabeBelle

I would love to see a Mary Poppins ride in the UK. I loved Saving Mr Banks. By the way, my family is from Scotland and England. When I visited Scotland, I unfortunately did not see the Loch Ness Monster. I would encourage everyone if they have a chance to visit those two countries because they are very beautiful and the people are so nice.
Totally agree with the last sentence. I did a British Isles Cruise last May and it was spectacular!!! Marie

Haymarket2008

That would have been such a waste of both the IP and the space.

As someone who actually enjoyed Mary Poppins Returns, I agree.

The fact that this wasn't centered on Jolly Holiday is cuh-razy.

The space depicted is really interesting and might have been somewhat enjoyable (in isolation), but Mary Poppins deserves so much more. I'm not even someone who is advocating for an E Ticket. That will never happen in EPCOT. What it deserves is the classic, charming Fantasyland dark ride treatment.

A bus-bar ride based on Brave was a contender for this space......why not Mary?

UNCgolf

The space depicted is really interesting and might have been somewhat enjoyable (in isolation), but Mary Poppins deserves so much more. I'm not even someone who is advocating for an E Ticket. That will never happen in EPCOT. What it deserves is the classic, charming Fantasyland dark ride treatment.

I liked Mary Poppins Returns too. I don't think it was remotely as good as the original, but it was still a solid film.

Disney Analyst

Cough, cough.

You know… if Disney just wanted to add some small attractions like this, well themed, but didn’t make a big fuss about them, and just did it to add capacity and such… I would be more for it.

But to use the D23 stage to announce this? Garbage. Keep the big hyped stuff for the Disney attractions we expect, use the parks blog to announce adding a new teacup ride.

yensidtlaw1969

I don't understand this strange, contemporary taste somebody seems to have for "all sides, no protein".

How many attractions have we seen in the past decade+ where they spend big on the queue and/or preshow but then bunt on the main show?

Have they forgotten that half the point of the queue is to set proper expecations for the experience that follows?

Brer Oswald

I mean…are we really surprised they tried to base it off the sequel instead of the original? They seem to exclusively be going for recent properties/adaptations regardless if they are more or less popular.

But I do agree that this should’ve gotten the Classic Fantasyland Dark ride treatment. I wouldn’t mind if all countries of World Showcase had their own dark ride.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I agree, but I would've taken this over an Enchanted Tales With Belle-style experience.
And we only know about that and now this teacup iteration because of leaks. Our insiders have said that the nature of this attraction had changed behind the scenes several times. We don't know how close we came to a teacups, carousel, or Tales with Poppins attraction.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom