Disney Wish

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Wish was fine but there’s a reason (actually, many…) why we just booked our placeholder on the Dream for next year. They really hit that sweet spot on the Dream-class. Bigger, more modern ship with more things to do but still a classy cruise experience that actually feels like a ship.

With a walking track and multiple hot tubs. And…whachamacallit? Oh, right. Space for people.

I still struggle to understand how Wish feels the way it does when it is bigger than Dream/Fantasy with the same guest count.

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

And an actual adult area instead of a small conference room-sized spot for adults. Honestly, the Satellite Falls waterfall pool on the Dream feels almost as big as the entire adult area on the Wish.

They had a perfectly good blueprint to base these new ships off of, and they threw it away (to put it nicely, I was going say $lappie used it as toilet paper first to save money, but decided against it). Absolutely mind-boggling. #ThanksBob

ToTBellHop

Busch Beer GIF by Busch

And an actual adult area instead of a small conference room-sized spot for adults. Honestly, the Satellite Falls waterfall pool on the Dream feels almost as big as the entire adult area on the Wish.

They had a perfectly good blueprint to base these new ships off of, and they threw it away (to put it nicely, I was going say $lappie used it as toilet paper first to save money, but decided against it). Absolutely mind-boggling. #ThanksBob
I was on Wonder of the Seas last summer. Largest cruise ship in the world with 8 separate districts.

Somehow, the Wish felt more crowded and more confusing to navigate.

It’s honestly an impressive achievement for the Wish designers. How did they make such a big ship feel so crowded with so few people? The restaurants are a nightmare if you need to pee. “Excuse me as I climb over your shoulder, sir.”

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I was on Wonder of the Seas last summer. Largest cruise ship in the world with 8 separate districts.

Somehow, the Wish felt more crowded and more confusing to navigate.

It’s honestly an impressive achievement for the Wish designers. How did they make such a big ship feel so crowded with so few people? The restaurants are a nightmare if you need to pee. “Excuse me as I climb over your shoulder, sir.”

"We want to make this ship feel different!". Mission accomplished. 🤦‍♂️

I fear the Treasure will be no different.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I guess we won’t be sailing with Disney from Port Canaveral.
Regrettably, I am feeling the same way. I have one Disney cruise left on my current agenda (with friends), and any other cruise I plan to take will be on other cruise lines. There used to be value for the money paid, but the script has been flipped. Sadly. Quality and service have fallen and other cruise lines have raised their games.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I'm giving RCL a try on my next cruise.

I have Royal and Norwegian on my to-do list for next cruises. My wife has been on Royal and enjoyed it. I may lean towards Norwegian first because of the destinations, as we'd really like to visit other places in the Bahamas/Caribbean. I am staying far, far away from the Wish. And probably the Treasure as well.

The Colonel

I'm sailing Oasis out of Bayonne in May. Really looking forward to it. It's going to be great to drive to the port for a change. Also 7 nights for less than the cost of 4 on the Wish.

ToTBellHop

Regrettably, I am feeling the same way. I have one Disney cruise left on my current agenda (with friends), and any other cruise I plan to take will be on other cruise lines. There used to be value for the money paid, but the script has been flipped. Sadly. Quality and service have fallen and other cruise lines have raised their games.
We mostly do Royal but the kids want the Oceaneer Club one last time before aging out. Happy to sail on the Dream once more (and without the Wish mark-up—Wish is certainly not worth a 30% mark-up…).

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
We mostly do Royal but the kids want the Oceaneer Club one last time before aging out. Happy to sail on the Dream once more (and without the Wish mark-up—Wish is certainly not worth a 30% mark-up…).
We have two that can still do Vibe (other two are 2+ years past), and since this past Dream cruise was a bit light on attendance in Vibe, there’s a chance we could book one more Dream cruise next February for them, if the price and itinerary is right. Probably looking at the Dream again next September with friends, but the one I am plotting out after that is outside of DCL. Looking forward to what other cruise lines have to offer.

lostpro9het

Original Poster
I'm on the Celebrity Summit out of Bayonne on May 6. And doing Royal Caribbean for the Panama Canal in 2024. Nothing scheduled for DCL right now :eek: :(
I feel ya! We’ve got four booked with Celebrity between now and March ‘24 on the Reflection, Apex, and Equinox. We’ve also got a DCL placeholder that we picked up on The Wish. We will probably refund that PH due to lack of desirable itineraries and, quite frankly, the product across the fleet has degraded IN MY OPINION. Jealous about your PC trip, looking forward to a solid IG representation from you for that trip.

ChuckElias

I feel ya! We’ve got four booked with Celebrity between now and March ‘24 on the Reflection, Apex, and Equinox. We’ve also got a DCL placeholder that we picked up on The Wish. We will probably refund that PH due to lack of desirable itineraries and, quite frankly, the product across the fleet has degraded IN MY OPINION. Jealous about your PC trip, looking forward to a solid IG representation from you for that trip.
Care to share where you're posting from right now? :D

And you guys could join us through the canal. I've got group rates :)

lostpro9het

Original Poster
Care to share where you're posting from right now? :D

And you guys could join us through the canal. I've got group rates :)
Just a little island called Taiwan. Food and people are amazing here. The beer could be better ;-)
B04E9B61-D266-401E-878B-42EE3F7CC4F1.jpeg

Group rate is tempting but the time commitment for the PC run probably means we’ll need to wait til retirement. Its on our bucket list.

BrianLo

C’mon guys, for years I’ve been questioning the value of DCL over the other majors. Finally got convinced to try it out (on the Wish no less) and having booked only for everyone else to start fleeing? 😂

Chip Chipperson

C’mon guys, for years I’ve been questioning the value of DCL over the other majors. Finally got convinced to try it out (on the Wish no less) and having booked only for everyone else to start fleeing? 😂
🤣 If it makes you feel better, I just booked my 2nd voyage on the Wish for later this year, so some of us enjoyed it enough to return. The layout is weird but the food is amazing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom