Passholder rant

JoeCamel

I get they have to have rules, but for "family friendly Disney" it doesn't make one drop of sense for them to deny parents who have not let their AP's lapse to not be able to buy their minor children passes.
Maybe Disney is doing them a favor in forcing cutting the cord and dropping the kid with the grands while the parents go play in the parks and spend lots of money?

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Maybe Disney is doing them a favor in forcing cutting the cord and dropping the kid with the grands while the parents go play in the parks and spend lots of money?

Not an option for all parents. In my case, my kid only has two living grandparents, and both live 1000 miles away. And the other adults in the family nearby aren't exactly trustworthy or responsible.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Doesn't need an AP then and you can take him with you.

hall of fame game missed the point GIF

Pepper's Ghost

I see several solutions:
  1. Lie about his age as others astutely suggested. This is the most realistic solution. Not sure how they verify a kid's age, but I can't imagine they ask for a birth certificate. That'd be ridiculous. Heck, if you're kid was 12, tell them he's three and has Benjamin Button disease.
  2. Contact a national news organization and tell them what Disney is doing. Some news outlets will jump at the story to attack Disney. To get rid of the story, Dis might offer you everything you're asking for, plus 10 years of free passes and a stay in Cinderella's Castle for a week. I can't believe what people get when complaining to the media.
  3. Contact your governor with this story. I hear he LOVES punching his state's largest employer in the mouth with whatever he can think of. Imagine the PR you'll get... in fairness both good and bad.
  4. Start a GoFundMe... just because. Everyone does that. You won't strike it rich, but I'm sure you'll find enough people who will send $1 to make a point. I bet you clear $10k easy. Again, I can't believe every little unworthy reason people start these funds for, but may as well give it a try since everyone else does. 🤣

JoeCamel

I see several solutions:
  1. Lie about his age as others astutely suggested. This is the most realistic solution. Not sure how they verify a kid's age, but I can't imagine they ask for a birth certificate. That'd be ridiculous. Heck, if you're kid was 12, tell them he's three and has Benjamin Button disease.
  2. Contact a national news organization and tell them what Disney is doing. Some news outlets will jump at the story to attack Disney. To get rid of the story, Dis might offer you everything you're asking for, plus 10 years of free passes and a stay in Cinderella's Castle for a week. I can't believe what people get when complaining to the media.
  3. Contact your governor with this story. I hear he LOVES punching his state's largest employer in the mouth with whatever he can think of. Imagine the PR you'll get... in fairness both good and bad.
  4. Start a GoFundMe... just because. Everyone does that. You won't strike it rich, but I'm sure you'll find enough people who will send $1 to make a point. I bet you clear $10k easy. Again, I can't believe every little unworthy reason people start these funds for, but may as well give it a try since everyone else does. 🤣
You left out "start a petition at change.org"

Doberge

True Bayou Magic
Premium Member
I had no idea there was an age 3 cutoff. I think they should have just made the rule to allow a new AP for anyone under 3 (or not born) on the date the parks shut down, and only to a kid in the same household as someone with an AP on the day parks shut down, and that family member has not had their AP lapse/expire. Yeah there will be people who maybe wouldn't get their kid an AP until years later when 4, 6, 8, whatever, but this would be such an outlier and a very small number.

Epcotfan21

Original Poster
Update.

At the advice of some in this thread, I did go ahead and send an email to Jeff Vahle. And surprisingly, I received a call back from someone in his office the same day.

They apologized and agreed that I should have been able to purchase the pass given that my son never had previous tickets and due to the fact that we never let our passes lapse or expire. She also said that Jeff will be made aware of this and will be suggesting that the policy be updated.

They definitely did their homework though before calling me because she knew about the upcoming trip and also confirmed that our son never had a pass/ticket.

Kudos to Disney to getting back to me in the same day I sent the email and fixing this.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom