Passholder rant

nickys

Premium Member
Technically once you show proof that you were or are a Florida resident at the time you bought your initial pass, Disney never asks you to continue to show proof of Florida residency. I’m sure there are people taking advantage of this.
I thought you do have to provide proof but can do so online? So if your address had changed to out of state they would ask you to provide proof, either online or in person. 🙅‍♀️

Club Cooloholic

Where did you get that from, unless there have been some posts deleted?

Once you have an AP you can renew at any level. So if you had a FL resident AP but moved out of state you could renew at the Incredi Pass level and then back to Pixie if you move back. I think that’s perhaps the source of your misunderstanding.
Reading the posts after, I guess some people do? And there were some earlier comments about people moving out but keeping the pass. I don't care, more power to them.

Bullseye1967

Is that who I am?
Premium Member
I thought you do have to provide proof but can do so online? So if your address had changed to out of state they would ask you to provide proof, either online or in person. 🙅‍♀️
When we had Florida resident APs, we always renewed online but were never asked for any ID. It may have been because the credit card we used was tied to a FL address. It has also been 4 years since we have had APs.

NickMaio

Update.

At the advice of some in this thread, I did go ahead and send an email to Jeff Vahle. And surprisingly, I received a call back from someone in his office the same day.

They apologized and agreed that I should have been able to purchase the pass given that my son never had previous tickets and due to the fact that we never let our passes lapse or expire. She also said that Jeff will be made aware of this and will be suggesting that the policy be updated.

They definitely did their homework though before calling me because she knew about the upcoming trip and also confirmed that our son never had a pass/ticket.

Kudos to Disney to getting back to me in the same day I sent the email and fixing this.
Nicely done.

nickys

Premium Member
When we had Florida resident APs, we always renewed online but were never asked for any ID. It may have been because the credit card we used was tied to a FL address. It has also been 4 years since we have had APs.
That would make sense too. If the CC is registered to another state or country then I’m fairly sure they would ask for proof of eligibility. I know recently you can do that online with certain types of ID and upload statements etc.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
We were asked when we first handed in our vouchers for physical APs years ago, and it was a nightmare, because my wife had her wallet stolen the day before.

We brought along bank statements, her car registration, insurance cards, and her passport, and the CM needed to consult a manager to get permission.

I assume now it's easier.

TTA94

Sorry if this isn’t the appropriate thread to ask this. I haven’t been following the whole AP thing lately but has there been any recent news on when or if wdw will start new sales for the incredi pass? I know currently the only one being offered is the pixie pass. It’s better than nothing but before I settle on that I was wondering what the chances look like for the other passes to start sales again?

I had the platinum pass in 2021 but then I didn’t renew due to being out of state for awhile. I wish they offered the ability to still renew since I was a Passholder. Any chance guests services has the ability push something through? I doubt it though.

SplashJacket

Wife and I have been passholders for 15 years now and currently have the FL resident pirate pass, which is not available for sale at the moment. We have a 4 year old son and when we inquired about adding a pass for him, were told at some point during our renewal process during covid that when the time came when we wanted to purchase a annual pass for him, we could do so as long as we’d be adding him to the same pass type we have.

I called yesterday to purchase his pass before a upcoming spring break trip in a few weeks and was told because he’s currently 4, he’s not eligible for pirate and and we needed to purchase and add a pass for him when he turned 3 and there’s no exceptions to this rule. I told the Disney cast member the reason we never purchased a pass for him at the time he turned 3 was because we only had an adults trip planned for last year and didn’t need to purchase one for him because he wouldn’t be going at all during the 2022 calendar year. Too bad, so sad. Only option presented was to purchase the pixie pass (weekday only), which I advised her that it wouldn’t work because as already know that we have another trip scheduled for 2023, which overlaps on a weekend. Wouldn’t budge and kept repeating the pixie option.

Tried to call again today and speak to a manager/supervisor and was placed on hold for 4 hours! I finally surrendered and hung up. The fact that Disney doesn’t have a callback queue in this day and age is ludicrous.

Does anyone have a suggestion on an email I can reach out to aside from the generic customer service mailbox?

TLDR: I’m trying to give Disney $700 and they won’t take it because he’s 4 and being told I needed to purchase the annual pass the moment he turned 3 according to Disney and currently hoping someone has a contact/suggestion.
This is a situation I’ve legitimately never thought of, but is legitimately a big issue.
I hate saying this, but... just lie.

"Yep, just turned 3!"
Definitely the easiest. I mean, what are they going to do? Ask for an ID? For a toddler? Even for Florida residents, I’ve only seen them ask proof of residency for adults.
Six Flags is now tanking because they shunned APs, Post Paramount Merger CF tanked when they severely restricted AP programs, DL tried and failed to go without AP. It’s not going to work.
Idk… SIX has been my highest returning stock since I bought it…

Touchdown

This is a situation I’ve legitimately never thought of, but is legitimately a big issue.

Definitely the easiest. I mean, what are they going to do? Ask for an ID? For a toddler? Even for Florida residents, I’ve only seen them ask proof of residency for adults.

Idk… SIX has been my highest returning stock since I bought it…
Must be a recent buyer
IMG_8290.jpeg
IMG_8291.jpeg

SplashJacket

Correct, bought the dip, but their new passholder stategy isn’t from 2019, it’s from 2022 with its effect currently being highlighted.

Since June, SIX has produced very strong gains. Obviously not what it was at pre-pandemic, or post-rebound, but post correction has produced healthy gains (which is after I bought it, so for now I’m happy).

Touchdown

Correct, bought the dip, but their new passholder stategy isn’t from 2019, it’s from 2022 with its effect currently being highlighted.

Since June, SIX has produced very strong gains. Obviously not what it was at pre-pandemic, or post-rebound, but post correction has produced healthy gains (which is after I bought it, so for now I’m happy).
June brought a partial reversal of their previous passholder restriction from 2021. It still lost 43% in the last year. We’ll see if it can sustain.

MarvelCharacterNerd

Sorry if this isn’t the appropriate thread to ask this. I haven’t been following the whole AP thing lately but has there been any recent news on when or if wdw will start new sales for the incredi pass? I know currently the only one being offered is the pixie pass. It’s better than nothing but before I settle on that I was wondering what the chances look like for the other passes to start sales again?

I had the platinum pass in 2021 but then I didn’t renew due to being out of state for awhile. I wish they offered the ability to still renew since I was a Passholder. Any chance guests services has the ability push something through? I doubt it though.
No, they will not allow you to renew a lapsed pass. And no, there's no word on new passes being offered at WDW. On a side note, I think they just canceled Paris' pass program and haven't announced what's replacing it. Could be something like DL's Keys or could be something worse. Dropping a pass or skipping an opportunity now can be risky if you think you want to go regularly.

But if you buy in at Pixie Pass, you may be able to renew at a higher level the next year (if they don't change it again, which they could).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom