News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

Disney Analyst

Tron from launch to brakes is pretty much almost exactly 60 seconds.

I personally time rides from the moment you leave the station and return, putting Tron at 1:50

Space Mountain Paris is also roughly 1:50 from load to unload, which does include a decent hold time waiting for the launch (from the video I used to time)

If going from strictly launch to main brakes, Tron was 1 minute, Space Mountain Paris 1:17.

Incomudro

Because if naked coaster track excited me, I’d be going to Cedar Point?
It's not naked track.
The outdoor section is under a beautifully shaped canopy that has lighted moving effects at night.
A portion of the ride is outside - under that beautiful canopy - the rest of the non naked track is inside the ride building, complete with beautiful effects.
But otherwise, yeah - it's just like Cedar Point.

Jrb1979

Christine McCarthy just wants us all to be able to fit into these seats.

Be prepared to wait for the last row accessible seats. They only installed them on a few trains.
There is going to be a lot of angry guests asking for refunds my guess. I know many would have hated it but they should have put a test seat at entry. It would have avoided having so many angry guests. The walk of shame will not be a good look for Disney.

Jrb1979

It's not naked track.
The outdoor section is under a beautifully shaped canopy that has lighted moving effects at night.
A portion of the ride is outside - under that beautiful canopy - the rest of the non naked track is inside the ride building, complete with beautiful effects.
Cedar Points launched coasters are more intense and longer.

_caleb

Tron from launch to brakes is pretty much almost exactly 60 seconds.

I personally time rides from the moment you leave the station and return, putting Tron at 1:50

Space Mountain Paris is also roughly 1:50 from load to unload, which does include a decent hold time waiting for the launch (from the video I used to time)

If going from strictly launch to main brakes, Tron was 1 minute, Space Mountain Paris 1:17.
Yep. The video included above is 2:02 from standstill to standstill.
Not that there are any surprises, but here's the first full ridethrough I've found of MK's Version:

Casper Gutman

I do see it! I routinely criticize WDW (see my posts about fiberglass character statues, Disney's nickel and diming, or any of my ongoing rants about acoustic tile drop ceilings)! But there's a thoughtful way to do this and there's constantly complaining about everything.

I double-dog-dare you to start a new thread listing all the things you like (present tense) about WDW! Or to post in this thread something you like about TRON (without a qualification, downside, or additional complaint). Come on, you can do it!
I’ll list some! MMRR is really great. AK is a wonderful park - even Dinoland, which gets too much hate. RotR is fun, and the Star Tours redo is an improvement on the original and the most re-rideable attraction in Orlando. Old classics like ToT and SE retain all their splendor. Even Rat was a pleasant addition to the resort. Many of Disney’s hotels, such as the Lodges and Port Orleans, remain beautiful and immersively themed.

When you don’t consider the resorts trajectory, prices, or the overall experience, there’s a huge amount to love about modern WDW. Which is exactly why folks like me are so grumpy about it.

(Tron’s still a very lackluster addition in a horrible location, though).

Casper Gutman

It's not naked track.
True, they closed Disaster Transport.

_caleb

I’ll list some! MMRR is really great. AK is a wonderful park - even Dinoland, which gets too much hate. RotR is fun, and the Star Tours redo is an improvement on the original and the most re-rideable attraction in Orlando. Old classics like ToT and SE retain all their splendor. Even Rat was a pleasant addition to the resort. Many of Disney’s hotels, such as the Lodges and Port Orleans, remain beautiful and immersively themed.

When you don’t consider the resorts trajectory, prices, or the overall experience, there’s a huge amount to love about modern WDW. Which is exactly why folks like me are so grumpy about it.

(Tron’s still a very lackluster addition in a horrible location, though).
I agree that TRON's location seems very strange. If they had to build it, I do wish they'd been able to better integrate it into Tomorrowland.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I do see it! I routinely criticize WDW (see my posts about fiberglass character statues, Disney's nickel and diming, or any of my ongoing rants about acoustic tile drop ceilings)! But there's a thoughtful way to do this and there's constantly complaining about everything.

I double-dog-dare you to start a new thread listing all the things you like (present tense) about WDW! Or to post in this thread something you like about TRON (without a qualification, downside, or additional complaint). Come on, you can do it!
I like that TRON adds a new attraction to the MK

….just wish it didn’t take 5 years and splash shutting down at the same time. Dangit I couldn’t do it

ToTBellHop

That to me is sad. At one time the ride being enjoyable and amazing trumped queue theming and canopy lighting. Big Thunder Mountain is still the best coaster in the park.

It's more inclusive, better themed and is more impressive. This is too short and not well themed.
I dunno…I see a lot of similarities with Space Mtn.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom