News Tron coaster coming to the Magic Kingdom

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Sad Disappointment GIF by Angry Birds
Everything isn’t perfect. You’ll see it one day.

DisneyDebRob

Like 80-90 seconds, I think? But that's including the braking at the end to disembark etc.; I think from launch to what is essentially the end of the ride is about 60 seconds.
Thought you were kidding for a minute. No pun intended. A one minute ride? Is there a ride that short anywhere else in Disney? I’m trying to think of my 30+ trips down since the 70’s and I can’t think of one.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
RnRc is more than just the ride though, it has a pre-show experience and sort of build-up to the ride. Not having seen a lot of the queue area of TRON yet (even the Shanghai one), is there any type of pre-show?

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
RnRc is more than just the ride though, it has a pre-show experience and sort of build-up to the ride. Not having seen a lot of the queue area of TRON yet (even the Shanghai one), is there any type of pre-show?
Fair...although total duration of Tron from start to end is closer to 2 minutes. Less of course if you start from the launch sequence, but that disregards the build up. Also, there are some pre-show effects that someone posted earlier.

RnRc is about 1:07 from launch to breaking.

Bottom line..length of ride is on par with RnRc, with what I consider better effects at beginning and end...

ToTBellHop

Fair...although total duration of Tron from start to end is closer to 2 minutes. Less of course if you start from the launch sequence, but that disregards the build up. Also, there are some pre-show effects that someone posted earlier.

Bottom line..length of ride is on par with RnRc, with what I consider better effects at beginning and end...
Yeah, launching coasters are usually pretty quick. GotG and Hagrid’s are the exceptions.

ChrisFL

Premium Member

No Daft Punk animatronics?
cinemagraph GIF
😭

_caleb

Everything isn’t perfect. You’ll see it one day.
I do see it! I routinely criticize WDW (see my posts about fiberglass character statues, Disney's nickel and diming, or any of my ongoing rants about acoustic tile drop ceilings)! But there's a thoughtful way to do this and there's constantly complaining about everything.

I double-dog-dare you to start a new thread listing all the things you like (present tense) about WDW! Or to post in this thread something you like about TRON (without a qualification, downside, or additional complaint). Come on, you can do it!

_caleb

Anyone find a good recording of the TRON area background music from within the area? The examples I'm finding are not good.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom