News Tiana's Bayou Adventure - latest details and construction progress

LittleBuford

Me waiting for people to clear off to the other Tiana thread so we can discuss construction ( as said in the opening post )
Mr Mayor Waiting GIF by NBC
There is no "other Tiana thread", only one about the end of Splash Mountain. Again, I'm not sure how discussing the design of the construction walls somehow contravenes the topic of a thread dedicated to, well, the new ride's construction.

LittleBuford

Did I specifically quote you ?
I didn't say you did, nor did I take it personally, since I'm not the only person here discussing the signs. I took you to be referring to the sign discussion, but if I'm mistaken and you meant something else, I will gladly apologise for my misunderstanding.

LittleBuford

That’s funny, because to me, it sort of comes across as 1970-ish? I don’t know… I cannot imagine whoever designed this didn’t do at least a little homework to see what fits the era.
I can definitely see why you're getting a '70s vibe. And I'd hope your closing sentiment is true, though even if it is the case that the design is based on something legitimately from the 1920s, such accuracy doesn't mean much if it doesn't successfully evoke the time period in the eyes of the audience.

Midwest Elitist

I can definitely see why you're getting a '70s vibe. And I'd hope your closing sentiment is true, though even if it is the case that the design is based on something legitimately from the 1920s, such accuracy doesn't mean much if it doesn't successfully evoke the time period in the eyes of the audience.
IMO, it's very 90s signage, color wise, which is interesting because they are getting rid of that style across the entire property. I consider it more of a mature version of Art Deco. Even Splash's sign fit this style with the purple / red / blue color palette. Which, hey I'm all for anything which contrasts the boring "Apple store" look that Disney has been updating Resort wide.

EPCOT-O.G.

That’s funny, because to me, it sort of comes across as 1970-ish? I don’t know… I cannot imagine whoever designed this didn’t do at least a little homework to see what fits the era.
That the signage and theming doesn’t fit the time period and feels lazy is entirely in keeping with their other prominent remake of another attraction set in roughly the same era

69358E4F-9AFF-4EE7-B2B2-8D0A81AAF602.png

Castle Cake Apologist

The aesthetic looks to my eyes very '90s, while the wording and branding strike me as even more recent, which is why I find the overall vibe very twenty-first century. For me at least, absolutely nothing about this sign evokes the 1920s. And that has me deeply worried about the ride itself.

I really agree, especially the colors. It's giving mid-90s TTC for me.

IMG_20230202_083646_e.png

dmw

In the Parks
No
If I saw a sign that said “Tiana’s Foods” where SM was and I didn’t know better then I would assume that they’d be replacing it with a restaurant. So confusing
Maybe there will be a restaurant in the ride area, something like the Blue Bayou restaurant at DLR Pirates? Probably not, but that could be a very interesting change.

lewisc

If I saw a sign that said “Tiana’s Foods” where SM was and I didn’t know better then I would assume that they’d be replacing it with a restaurant. So confusing
So will, those very few clueless, guests be happy or disappointed when they dixcover Tiannas is a ride and not a restaurant.

Tough crowd, objecting to signage.
This is a construction thread. It should be clear from the construction a ride is being rebuilt.

I guess this crowd would have preferred blank walls.

Last edited:

EPCOT-O.G.

So will, those very few clueless, guests be happy or disappointed when they dixcover Tiannas is a ride and not a restaurant.

Tough crowd, objecting to signage.
This is a construction thread. It should be from the construction a ride is being rebuilt.

I guess this crowd would have preferred blank walls.
Awful lot of gatekeepers in here wanting to greatly limit what constitutes “construction” so it cuts off any criticism of what we’re seeing being constructed.

FigmentFan82

There is no "other Tiana thread", only one about the end of Splash Mountain. Again, I'm not sure how discussing the design of the construction walls somehow contravenes the topic of a thread dedicated to, well, the new ride's construction.

This is a Tiana thread, look her name is even in the title!

LittleBuford

This is a Tiana thread, look her name is even in the title!
As I said yesterday, I’d prefer not to keep that thread going; it comes with too much baggage and is not forward-looking.

lewisc

Awful lot of gatekeepers in here wanting to greatly limit what constitutes “construction” so it cuts off any criticism of what we’re seeing being constructed.
I would have used the report post if I was really bothered.
I find it amusing how a construction thread is twisting.

Discussions of the font used by the signs. Lol

The major construction is inside. Maybe more like an extensive remodeling. We won't really know much until inside work is well underway and pictures are leaked. When we find out how many, and what kind of, amnitronic figures are being used.

I used to be against the new theming, until I realized the alternative is the next generation CoP and SE.

Have a Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah day.

EricsBiscuit

Maybe there will be a restaurant in the ride area, something like the Blue Bayou restaurant at DLR Pirates? Probably not, but that could be a very interesting change.
If they were smart (they’re not), they would turn that area on the other side of the tracks where the gift shop was into New Orleans style facades with a restaurant and a shop at least. And an indoor queue.

FigmentFan82

The other thread will be a good place to discuss the various differences, pros/cons, and other comparisons to the old vs new once TBA is up and running

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom